Victim of perceived thug does end up in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what is out there now I think Zimmerman should receive a ten year sentence for manslaughter suspended for two years with intensive probation. With permanently suspended priviledges to carry a gun off his dwelling premises.

Zimmerman is on the 2nd of 3 bites of the apple (not counting the numerous bites available on apeal). The first bite was to convince the prosecutor not to charge him. He lost that. Next is a stand your ground motion decided by the judge. If he loses that, he gets a third bite before the jury.

As for the 911 voice analysis, the best that can be done is expert analysis and giving percentages. Both sides will likely have competing experts if voice analysis is even let into evidence. While it is possible they may be able to give a conclusion that it wasn't likely Zimmerman, without a baseline of Martin's voice, they may not be able to analyze in regards to him - after all - the screaming could have been from a conservative CFC poster in the area that was being persecuted by a flurry of one liners.

Jolly, we really need to find Spock's brother and let him put the Vulcan mind mold on you so that you can release all that pain.

I'm glad this white guy is in jail. You hear me? I'm calling him a white guy. I'm tired of the media calling him hispanic- which isn't even a race. He's a white man that killed a black man and should be charged with a hate crime because of it.

That said, I still say the liberal media was blowing this out of proportion. There isn't some conspiracy against black boys in this country. Sometimes **** happens.

I would like to see Zimmerman released in the general prison population, and not kept in isolation, but you can't have everything. I am happy that he will finally get a fair trial, and people will stop *****ing that he hasn't been arrested yet.

Although the only place I think he will get a fair trial is Alaska, and they should move it there. It should not be in Florida.

It is for the jury to decide whether Zimmerman's claim of having his head slammed holds true.

And given the Casey Anthony trial, Floriduh seems like a place where a defendant can have a shot of winning a trial where public opinion is heaviliy against them.

So every black man that kills a white person should be charged with a hate crime?

yes.

I know not every one is actually a hate crime. But you know what? I think it would be good. Maybe people would think twice about killing somebody if they knew they'd be charged with a race crime too.

Zimmerman is white, and I wish the media would refer to him as so.

It is for the jury to decide whether Zimmerman's claim of having his head slammed holds true.

didn't we already establish by that video he wasn't hurt?

or

wasn't hurt enough?

:D

Dude, you're a lawyer... Where's your spidey senses? You know he's gonna walk because its self defense.

Alan Dershowitz is calling the prosecutor's affadavit irresponsible

wow, he's ripping the prosecutor. Accusing her of being unethical if she overcharged to get a plea to manslaughter, and I agree... But that kinda crappola happens all the time.

and he said a good judge should toss this case based on that affadavit. I hope Zimmerman doesn't cop a plea, that would be the biggest injustice in all this mess.

and if he faces a civil suit, he should counter sue. He was the victim, the kid just chose the wrong guy to punch out.

thats right kids, when slamming somebody's head off the concrete make sure they aint crazy and packing heat
Then I'm sure there was blood all over the sidewalk and possibly even bits of rock and dirt embedded in his scalp to corroborate it.

There was a rumor they found the bullet embedded in the dirt underneath Martin's body suggesting that he was shot while on his back. But that's just a rumor at this stage.

Whatever evidence there actually is convinced both the Sanford PD and the special prosecutor to charge him with a homicide.

didn't we already establish by that video he wasn't hurt?

or

wasn't hurt enough?

:D

Dude, you're a lawyer... Where's your spidey senses? You know he's gonna walk because its self defense.

Alan Dershowitz is calling the prosecutor's affadavit irresponsible
I think he has a shot a walking because there is quite a bit for the defense lawyer to work with. The video certainly undercuts his claim that he should have been in fear for his life. Of the publically released evidence, that and the very compressed timeline are going to be the toughest things for his defense lawyer to deal with.

As for Alan Dershowitz, his opinion of the prosecutor's affidavit will not make it into evidence, though little Sean Hannity's conversations with Zimmerman might. I look forward to seeing if Hannity has the journalistic integrity to go to jail for contempt in order to keep an off-the-record conversation off the record.

In utopia, we will all have the chance to be murdered by a kid with skittles.

true libertarianism is defending aggressive murder

Do we even know the caliber of the handgun?

If we find a bullet passed through Trayvon and was embedded in the ground, yeah, that would change my perception of the incident.

Well getting him arrested was one thing, but giving him a trial-by-media-and-forum post is something else. Surely it's enough now to let justice take its course?

hello, 911? Can you send the police, I'm stalking a young innocent black child and will be shooting him soon...

embedded in the ground? wouldn't make a difference to me...

if there was a struggle for the gun while these two were on the ground it wouldn't matter who was on top when it went off, just who threw the first punch. If somebody was banging my head off the concrete I'd take whatever opportunity to end the threat I had, including rolling over onto the attacker.

Again, the nature of the confrontation and whether Zimmerman was having his head slammed into the ground when he found his gun and fired the shot are questions of fact for the jury.

Again, the nature of the confrontation and whether Zimmerman was having his head slammed into the ground when he found his gun and fired the shot are questions of fact for the jury.

Yep. What people outside the court think about these things is now completely irrelevant. The problem of course is if the trial itself goes on to become as politicised as the original incident. I wonder if the system will go so far as to try appeasement by verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom