Viking-esque Civ

Alrighty, thanks Val. Once I've filled in all the pedia entries and things I guess it will be time to try and run this

Alright I just tried the mod...it did not start out well
While the game was loading up it kept giving me error messages saying that there was an error in the code for every single unit in the game. After that though it let me access the Play Now thing which recognized the Fraelim and the leader, as well as the unique buildings but not the Unique units. I tired to start up a game but it froze. Does anyone know what I need to do? Or what I need to tell them to give them enough knowledge as to what I need to do?

On a side note: Just being able to see the leaderhead and the game recognizing the civ was amazing and I want to think every single person who helped me out throughout this, especially Deadliver, WarKirby, and Valkrionn. Thank you all so much

You didn't kill all the units in the game, don't wory, you probly just missed a \ or () or somthing of the sort. Just check all your UU entries and make sure they are perfect...

It says that the error source is in the <specialcargo>Cargo_Bird</specialcargo> line (in the line it is all capital). I added that and the related lines for the archer UU in the civ. Is there some special procedure I need to go through to make it work?

Thank you by the way

Here is the code for the marksman replacement's cargo

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_BIRD</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_AIR</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>1</iCargo>

As opposed to the hunter's

<iCargo>1</iCargo>

Here is the code for the marksman replacement's cargo

<iCargo>1</iCargo>

As opposed to the hunter's

<iCargo>1</iCargo>
Those appear to be the only fields related to cargo, so it looks like you've got that one right.
Remember to check new units that you didn't give a special cargo to if you don't find any errors with the units you did give a cargo too. An extra line that snuck in can be just as bad as a missing one.

Well, I went back through the code, found a UU entry that I had scrapped do to complexity, a unit that needed a pedia entry, and a messed up upgrade line. I fixed these and still no dice. I couldn't find any other errors unless I am completely missing something regarding the cargo

EDIT: There was an error in the placement, I'm rebooting it now to see if it makes a difference
EDIT2: Good news, the error is gone. Bad news, there is a new one regarding the start and end tag for FreePromotions

Code:
	<FreePromotions>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_HERO</PromotionType>
					<bFreePromotion>1</bFreePromotion>
				</FreePromotion>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_SPIRIT_GUIDE</PromotionType>
				</FreePromotion>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_COMMANDO</PromotionType>
				</FreePromotion>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_SPIRIT2</PromotionType>
			</FreePromotions>

Anyone see where it doesn't match up?

Alright thank you far wanderer and Val (forgot that one from the first error). Let's see what new and exciting error will follow this one!

EDIT: Just a long string of mundane errors...time to give this a shot!
EDIT2: Told me there was an era with UNIT_ANUBIS in the Civinfo files (the hell?) and that there was an error with PLAYERCOLOR. I haven't corrected the mistakes yet but the game immediately crashed once I started a game as the Fraelim.

Glad to see that I was right about the placement... I get those errors all the time. :lol: Easiest thing to do, is right-click the tab for the document you're working on (unitinfos in this case), select 'Clone to another view', and in the second view go to the dummy unit/promotion/spell/whatever. That way you can check it as you go.

HOLY HELL! IT WORKS, IT ACTUALLY WORKS! THE SPELLS, THE UNITS, THE BUILDINGS, IT ALL WORKS! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to keep looking for skins for all the troops, and I'm not completely done with this but...IT WORKS!

Guys, you have no idea how grateful I am for all you've done. Thank you so much especially, Val, Deadliver, and WarKirby, I can't imagine this ever working without everyone's help. You guys are amazing. Thank you!

A few things weren't recognized properly in the game so it looks like I have quite a few bug fixes to get on and I still need to get the appropriate buttons, skins, etc so it looks like this is going to be very time consuming for me. I look forward to getting this to a high enough quality for everyone to enjoy and from the looks of it there aren't too many bugs.

Quick question regarding spells: In the spell code there is the description thing. What is the name of the text file that contains the spell descriptions (I couldn't find it)?

Top Bottom