ViSa General Discussion

cool we like more maps, is this a World Builder save or Python. Also right now i tried to download but cant yet. Id like to try it also. let me know when its ready for DL

Quick question:
What does the ViSa_v3.ini setting:
Religion Natural Spread Number

...do exactly?

Like it says....kinda says....controls how much/fast religion spreads naturally along trade routes.

just a quick tipp:

when starting civ/visa you can automatically start any savegame/mod combo you want: just create a shortcut to any savegame (which should be located at \My Games\Warlords\Saves\) and execute it. this will (all in one go)
- start civ 4
- load the mod that's necessary for the savegame (if any)
- load the savegame

that's very nice for 2 things:
- loading the last savegame when starting a new civ session (if you use quicksave or save to any other file that keeps it's name like e.g. "mostRecent.CivWarlordsSave")
- quickly recovering from 3rdtime-loading-crashes

Like it says....kinda says....controls how much/fast religion spreads naturally along trade routes.

Or the maximum number of religions that can spread to a city? One is defined as the "Vanilla" setting and the game I started with that setting seems to be making religion spread like the regular Warlords game does.

@santoo what exactly do you mean by 3rdtime loading crashes. For me if i am playing a game and try to load another save its automatic crash. So i always exit to main menu b4 trying to load up another save.

I just want to comment here on Visa Fair Start - we enjoy it in multi play. I hope many of it will make it to main Visa along with the BTS update :)

@santoo what exactly do you mean by 3rdtime loading crashes. For me if i am playing a game and try to load another save its automatic crash. So i always exit to main menu b4 trying to load up another save.

If you can get the MAF fix working, it actually won't crash. Just take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to load the game. So much that you start considering quitting to desktop or to main menu next time. :lol:

@santoo what exactly do you mean by 3rdtime loading crashes.
the 3rd time i load a game, civ/visa crashes - without fail, every time. this has been mentioned in the bug-thread and has been - according to Alondin IIRC - reported even in 3.10 beta tests. it's certainly not game-breaking - but rather annoying :)

For me if i am playing a game and try to load another save its automatic crash. So i always exit to main menu b4 trying to load up another save.
loading a game (while playing) works fine for me (well... 3 times, that is). no need to go to main menu. (but I'll check whether exiting to main menu before the 3rd reload might circumvent the crashes)

EDIT: no, it doesn't help. i play, load once, twice, exit to the main menu for a 3rd reload - still CTD

Yes we have known and not been able to solve the '3 Load CTD' for some time now.

Okay, hi there
I've an installation issue and I have absolute no idea how to solve the problem.
I always get the message "Could not access network location \Mods\ViSa_v3.".
I searched for this error and the workaround does not worked for me (creating empty folder C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ViSa_v3).
I also tried a complete reinstall of Civ4+Warlords to default installation folder, but did not work (also cleaning up registry out of firaxis based entrys).
I have the DVD/CD version of Civ4 and Warlords and use Windows Vista x64.
Civ4 and Warlords itself are working fine. No problem installing the patch and other modifications.
I think I would not have this problem, if I were able to enforce installation to a manual selected folder.
So how can I install visa? Or how can I install manually?
Thanks for help

Greets

Haha,
wished it were such easy.
I've the correct file..

It is as easy as rockinroger said.....or simply follow the directions for the patch. Either way works so which one you use is up to you, but it is as easy as downloading one file....you need either the v3.00 or v3.10 full no matter which way you go.

Top Bottom