Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see (Part I : Western Europe) ?

Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in the future ? (Western Europe Part)

• Netherlands

Votes: 93 51.4%
  • Portugal

Votes: 79 43.6%
  • Papal States

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Denmark

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Sweden

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Scotland

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Ireland

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Italy

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • An italian City-State (Venice, Genoa, Florence, ...)

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • Austria

Votes: 34 18.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Belgium

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Celts (as a whole)

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • Gauls

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Iceni

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Picts

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Hispanians

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Lusitanians

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other celtic tribe not mentioned (please specify in comment)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Malta

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Goths (or Ostrogoths or Wisigoths in particular)

Votes: 30 16.6%
  • Other (please specify in comment)

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Liufeng

A man of his time
Here comes the very first of upcoming polls for your most wanted civs. Today's list will be focused on Western Europe, with my very loose border being more or less the ancient Wall of Berlin.
The rules are very simple : you vote for the 3 civs you would most like to see in Civilization VI (may it be DLC or Expansion packs), and we will see the results. Every week, a new poll will come out, focusing on another part of the world. At the end of this little game, I will display the final results of the polls, and finally see the most wanted civs for Civilization VI.

On next week's poll, we'll cover the other half of the continent : Eastern Europe.

I picked Portugal, Netherlands, and Sweden. I think Europe is pretty well covered in the game already though.

I went with Netherlands, Sweden, and the Gauls. I don't think the "Celts" work very well as a coherent Civ. Boudicca as leader with a capital in Edinburgh? Meh. Let's see the Gauls under Vercingetorix instead.

The Netherlands should be great as a trade/naval civ, and Sweden should work well as a commercial/military civ.

Netherlands, Portugal, and Celts, since they were (I'm pretty sure) far more powerful (at their peaks) than any of the others.

I guess Amsterdam and Lisbon would only remain a city-state when they aren't playing as a civ.

Or maybe they can just replace Lisbon and Amsterdam with other cities. After all, it's just a name with a bonus attached to it : it can easily be replaced.

The results right now are kind of impressive for some cases ... I expected far more people to vote for the Papal States and the Gauls since when there seemed to have so many people eager for them in the forums. The same goes for Austria and Denmark which I didn't expected to be so low since they were in the game before. On the contrary, I didn't expected that so many people wanted the Celts as whole (even more than the Dutch), since it seems in the forums many believe they were not coherent as a unique civ. Also didn't expect these many votes for the Goths and the Italian city-state, as I thought the experience with Venice showed they weren't very effective.

The results right now are kind of impressive for some cases ... I expected far more people to vote for the Papal States and the Gauls since when there seemed to have so many people eager for them in the forums. The same goes for Austria and Denmark which I didn't expected to be so low since they were in the game before. On the contrary, I didn't expected that so many people wanted the Celts as whole (even more than the Dutch), since it seems in the forums many believe they were not coherent as a unique civ. Also didn't expect these many votes for the Goths and the Italian city-state, as I thought the experience with Venice showed they weren't very effective.
Denmark is probably less popular now since Norway is the Viking civ this time,
also, what do the Goths have to do with Venice?

Denmark is probably less popular now since Norway is the Viking civ this time,
also, what do the Goths have to do with Venice?
Add a "for the latter" in the last sentence : that part of the sentence was refering to the italian city-states part, not the Goths.

European Civs, being the best-documented from our Western perspective, are obviously going to be over-represented, but I'd prefer they try to flesh out the rest of the world sooner. That being said, I would be happy with Celts as a whole -or- Gauls, Iceni, Scotland (Picts), and Ireland separately. There's enough commonality in the Celtic cultures to be unified in game terms, and yet enough divergence to make individual civs work as well. Celtic culture dominated Western Europe for anywhere from 800 to 1200 years, and so should definitely be included.

As far as other European Civs, Genoa, Venice, or Florence to represent the Renaissance City-States of Italy would be nice, or perhaps an 'Italy' civ with mechanics to highlight the very independent nature of their cities.

Al-Andalus or The Caliphate of Cordoba would be interesting, as an Islamic European civ, having controlled half of the Iberian peninsula from 711CE and 1492CE.

Netherlands: Awesome potential gameplay revolving around terraforming (Polders), religious tolerance, and long distance trading.

Portugal: The little nation that could. Also, it would be great to have an exploration focused civ.

Switzerland: If they want to make a "experimental civ" a la Venice, Switzerland is a prime candidate for this. Playing a game of neutrality, high diplomacy and tons of gold in your vault must be fun!

Also, I do want to see the new poll already! :)

Also, I do want to see the new poll already! :)
I'll post the part 2 tomorrow, as promised !
I prefer to make one every week beacause I fear launching too many polls at once would just discourage people from voting, and also it allows to give some time to digest. Now the real question is ... should I reveal which part part of the world will it be in the next poll or not (after the East Europe poll) ?

Uh...since when is Malta in Western Europe? :undecide:

Anyway, I voted for Gaul, the Netherlands, and Austria. I really don't want to see the mishmash Celts again, and I really really never want to see Boudicca in the game again. If we must have "The Celts," let's have Vercingetorix and any Briton who isn't Boudicca as leaders. Don't get me wrong: I think Boudicca was an interesting historical figure. She just wasn't that significant in the scheme of things, and I can't handle another incarnation of kilt-wearing tattooed dreadlocked Boudicca. :cringe:

Uh...since when is Malta in Western Europe? :undecide:

Anyway, I voted for Gaul, the Netherlands, and Austria. I really don't want to see the mishmash Celts again, and I really really never want to see Boudicca in the game again. If we must have "The Celts," let's have Vercingetorix and any Briton who isn't Boudicca as leaders. Don't get me wrong: I think Boudicca was an interesting historical figure. She just wasn't that significant in the scheme of things, and I can't handle another incarnation of kilt-wearing tattooed dreadlocked Boudicca. :cringe:

Plus Tomyris fills Boudicca's niche nicely

I uncreatively voted for Celts, Dutch, and Portuguese.

I really wanted to pick Italy (the use of the leader's capital solved the Rome question by letting the capital be Florence). If I picked them, the Portuguese would be out. I just couldn't justify Brazil and never getting Portugal.

I uncreatively voted for Celts, Dutch, and Portuguese.

I really wanted to pick Italy (the use of the leader's capital solved the Rome question by letting the capital be Florence). If I picked them, the Portuguese would be out. I just couldn't justify Brazil and never getting Portugal.

would Lorenzo de Medici be your leader pick for Italy?

Top Bottom