VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.3)

Hi. I got a question. (My last long game in VP was on 3.9.1). I guess (and there's a topic in forum) that there's some problem with a military scaling in VP. By the later stages of the game, the number of military units reaches hundreds or more (on statdart map)- wich makes a game - espetialy during active war too annoing, imbalancing and disgusting. Though due other aspects of VP - it's great. So the qestion is - have you done anything with this problem, or is there any settings somehow to solve this ?.
There is a mod in the forum which decrease Military supply significantly. I don't use it myself so I can't redirect you, it should be something like "less supply mod".

I do agree with your sentiment, this is why I like Civ6's corps/army mechanic.

There is a mod in the forum which decrease Military supply significantly. I don't use it myself so I can't redirect you, it should be something like "less supply mod".

I do agree with your sentiment, this is why I like Civ6's corps/army mechanic.
Thanx a lot. I'll try it.

I like that mechanic in Civ 6 too. But besides that mechanic military AI there in civ 6 is too bad. I've described in this message a situation

Playing 4.2.7, city states still have no defenses and enemy civs still don't settle nearly as aggressively as they did in previous versions. What was the rationale for changing the ai settler aggressiveness so much? Did I miss a vote on that? It seems like a huge change.

edit: ok, I decided to play through an entire game to see if CS started building defenses later...nope. They don't built anything at all that I can tell, and their borders barely expand. However, cahokia captured a city, and that city seems to be thriving and now has 51 defense ~ 1600 ad (when everyone has castles and we're just getting bastion forts), so a pretty typical defense for a CS. Some civs are expanding after a delay at least, england, Ottomans, Indonesia and Rome are expanding, but Arabia and Morocco (both progress) built only 3 cities and ignored nice terrain nearby.

Last edited:
Playing 4.2.7, city states still have no defenses and enemy civs still don't settle nearly as aggressively as they did in previous versions. What was the rationale for changing the ai settler aggressiveness so much? Did I miss a vote on that? It seems like a huge change.

edit: ok, I decided to play through an entire game to see if CS started building defenses later...nope. They don't built anything at all that I can tell, and their borders barely expand. However, cahokia captured a city, and that city seems to be thriving and now has 51 defense ~ 1600 ad (when everyone has castles and we're just getting bastion forts), so a pretty typical defense for a CS. Some civs are expanding after a delay at least, england, Ottomans, Indonesia and Rome are expanding, but Arabia and Morocco (both progress) built only 3 cities and ignored nice terrain nearby.
Do you think the problem is linked to 4.2.7 or the modpack ? Could you test it using VP as a normal mod ?

I have no idea how to do that. However, I deleted all game files and reinstalled 3.10.14 and everything worked properly before returning to 4.2.7. Additionally, I have liberated 2 CS so far, and both of them began building defensive fortifications and claiming adjacent territory immediately. Clearly, there's a bug there somewhere. It should be trivial for someone else to duplicate it, just start a game and see how the CS never build defenses.

I have no idea how to do that. However, I deleted all game files and reinstalled 3.10.14 and everything worked properly before returning to 4.2.7. Additionally, I have liberated 2 CS so far, and both of them began building defensive fortifications and claiming adjacent territory immediately. Clearly, there's a bug there somewhere. It should be trivial for someone else to duplicate it, just start a game and see how the CS never build defenses.
You are right, there are already reports on Github, so It should be solved for the next version !

Does anyone know a stable multiplayer modpack that's not old?
I'm playing version 3.10.14 with 3 friends, it crashes sometimes, so everyone clean cache and then game proceeds usually flawlessly (except ai decisions and calculations)

Hello @Agiwan,

I hope you're doing well.

I wanted to reach out with a request that might be of interest to you and other members of our gaming community.

Would you consider creating a modpack that combines VP (Vox Populi) with EUI (Enhanced User Interface) and the Convenient Start mod? Many of us are eager to enjoy the vanilla VP experience enhanced by a multiplayer-friendly start, but we face challenges in assembling our own modpacks.

Your expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated.

If this request is too demanding, I completely understand. I thought it was worth asking, nonetheless.

Thank you for considering my request.

Warm regards,
Zwohannes

Hello @Agiwan,

I wanted to reach out with a request that might be of interest to you and other members of our gaming community.

Would you consider creating a modpack that combines VP (Vox Populi) with EUI (Enhanced User Interface) and the Convenient Start mod? Many of us are eager to enjoy the vanilla VP experience enhanced by a multiplayer-friendly start, but we face challenges in assembling our own modpacks.

If this request is too demanding, I completely understand. I thought it was worth asking, nonetheless.

Warm regards,
Zwohannes
No problem, I will try to build one with Supersettler but without 3/4 UC and Even more ressources.

Hello @Agiwan,

Warm regards,
Zwohannes
Hi, I'm not at home so I couldn't test it but here the requested Modpack ! https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FFXpoGisfRHP7uEX62OkTO5HZIFPLlq/view?usp=sharing

Hi, I'm not at home so I couldn't test it but here the requested Modpack ! https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FFXpoGisfRHP7uEX62OkTO5HZIFPLlq/view?usp=sharing
You are a wild man agiwan. Every time I come back to this game im amazed at how much work everyone does.

Speaking of which. I plan to start playing mp with my buddie in about a month. Is there a current modpack that you would recomend as more stable? Or should I wait a bit until future updates are released?

You are a wild man agiwan. Every time I come back to this game im amazed at how much work everyone does.

Speaking of which. I plan to start playing mp with my buddie in about a month. Is there a current modpack that you would recomend as more stable? Or should I wait a bit until future updates are released?
Hi, maybe in 1 month the MP stability will be improved so the best is to look again when you will start to play if it is the case :)
For now I think version 3.10.14 is the best experience overall because there isn't the bug that hit the city states. If you don't care about this bug you can use the version 4.2.7. Have fun 😊

Hi, maybe in 1 month the MP stability will be improved so the best is to look again when you will start to play if it is the case :)
For now I think version 3.10.14 is the best experience overall because there isn't the bug that hit the city states. If you don't care about this bug you can use the version 4.2.7. Have fun 😊
Thanks for the reply. That city state issue is certainly a major problem. There also seems to be issues with the ai not expanding in the recent update? But does the 4.2.7 update have less mp issues like desyncs and crashes? Because i think stability is more of a priority and maybe we can just make an agreement to not attack the city states.

Thanks for the reply. That city state issue is certainly a major problem. There also seems to be issues with the ai not expanding in the recent update? But does the 4.2.7 update have less mp issues like desyncs and crashes? Because i think stability is more of a priority and maybe we can just make an agreement to not attack the city states.
4.x.x versions have more multiplayer fixes but also some things have been changed without multiplayer in mind, until someone can review these changes and find them multiplayer compatible I think version 3.10.14 is safer. But there is a good chance that 4.2.7 ends up better, I haven't tested it... It's up to you ;)

Interesting. Probably a dumb question, but that hasnt stopped me before, could i launch a multiplayer game with me as the only player to tesr to see if it works? Or do the issues lie with the two multiplayer players causing the problem?

Nope you need at least 2 players on 2 PCs (or on the same Pc but with a Virtual machine) to test multiplayer stability.

Top Bottom