WangKon (EC)

Civil Service in (semi-)isolation is very strong as well as the science/wealth build abilities.

Personally, when I was testing the game, I kept Louis alive just long enough to trade for Monarchy and then I killed him with Catapults. He was usually nice enough to develop his cities a bit and some of the jungle for me as well as target a religion (Confucianism most of the time). EPs even allowed a tech (Calendar) steal at one point.

The other approach I took was peace and I was able to get him up to Friendly with the religion he founded for tech trading. Once a tech lead was established, he wasn't hard to kill with his few cities.

Can't wait to see how the next round unfolds with the other AIs!

I'll do the voting post now and if other saves arrive they can be added to the voting.

Okay we will go ahead and vote up to Monday 6pm GMT. Its not about voting for the best save but the most interesting save going forward.

Remember you cant vote for your own save. Please vote for 3 saves. 1st = 3pt. 2nd = 2pts. 3rd= 1pts.

Here are the saves.

Gumbolt

TMD171

Ambro - Shadow

Norvin green

CBPE

PNP Dredd

Theboboni

Dulamaster - as Shadow.

Lymond

Glansmannen

Overall quite a few saves. It wll be an interesting next round. As stated above we will close voting 6pm GMT Monday or when we have a clear winner.

Civil Service in (semi-)isolation is very strong as well as the science/wealth build abilities.

Personally, when I was testing the game, I kept Louis alive just long enough to trade for Monarchy and then I killed him with Catapults. He was usually nice enough to develop his cities a bit and some of the jungle for me as well as target a religion (Confucianism most of the time). EPs even allowed a tech (Calendar) steal at one point.

The other approach I took was peace and I was able to get him up to Friendly with the religion he founded for tech trading. Once a tech lead was established, he wasn't hard to kill with his few cities.

Can't wait to see how the next round unfolds with the other AIs!

This should be an interesting game now as we are not all powerful at this stage.

I think this round is closed really.

If I'm not wrong Dualmaster played this round as shadow, didn't he?

my votes:

Gumbolt - Lit/Great Library in. Not sure if I wouldn't focus on Optics though. Paris needs some love. Pusan needs more cottages. Pretty good stuff.

TMD171 - 8 cities not bad. Decent tech with CS almost in. Not sure why building courthouse in cap - i'd build more settlers/workers or wealth research. Actually I don't think courthouses are a priority at this point. Need more workers. This is a good round though. (2nd Place)

Norvin green - Hmmm...Bureau already is good. Only 7 cities. Settler on the way. Could use a few more workers.

CBPE - I would be building settlers now as opposed to markets - or wealth/ research. Nampo should be bigger and have stronger cottages by now. Decent teching though with Optics in the works. Other than a couple of cities, most are kinda small. Not a bad save though. (3rd place)

PNP Dredd - 9 cities and calendar. Good tech/gold rate. Cities have grown nicely. I like the Optics route. Could go for Colossus here, which would be nice. Some nicely developed cottages. This is a pretty good round. (1st Place)

Theboboni - Light on cities at this point. Decent tech rate and has Calendar in so happiness will increase soon.

Lymond - Really just an awesome Civ player. Maybe the best I've seen. Should get some kind of reward.

Glansmannen - Working a lot of cottages is good. Question the razing of Orleans and location Nampo. Settled on a flood plain which I generally avoid as it takes out a good tile. Teching is a little behind.

Lymond - Really just an awesome Civ player. Maybe the best I've seen. Should get some kind of reward.

The most bias save review of the year goes to Lymond :goodjob::goodjob:

1st place - pnp_dredd - good tech rate, will be at optics soon, bonus discovery
2nd - CBPE - same as above less the bonus, might have settled last cities for extra health
3rd - tmd171 - tech rate is good, almost to CS
3a -lymond - any chance you sell used cars?

1. CBPE - Optics path FTW

2. Norvin: CS pathway. CS just finished.

3. tmd171 - CS pathway. Calendar/CS in 1 turn

Gumbolt: going for GLib was, I think, sub-optimal on this map.

The Bonobi: behind in tech compared to others on a similar pathway

Lymond: Should have gone Calendar first. Tech rate is slow even while building research. I would have razed Lyons.

Glans: Calendar, not monarchy, for this map.

Gumbolt: going for GLib was, I think, sub-optimal on this map.

Perhaps this is why I do less well on isolated starts!!! What does civil service do to greatly enhance the economy? The added 50% hammers and commerce to capital with the right civic? On the flip side i did get out the NE and had a 2nd gr Pr in cap to use. Guess chose wrong direction but at least we have a save showing what it might of acheived. Oh for a few more workers!!! :)

@ Glans I was a bit suprised to see monarchy tech so early on with all those calender happiness and commerce resources!!!

Optics blitz is not always the best choice in isolated starts. Denying wonders is important too, Sistine being one of the most important.

1st - PNP_DREDD
2nd - Lymond: 11 cities is huge. The island is about colonized, so with Calendar coming we can focus on developement.
3rd - Norvin Green

I have already said my thought about PNP and Norving' saves.

4 votes including mine to get lets wrap this up!!!

My votes.

1st) pnpdredd, 9 well developed cities, good techrate and path. Island to the south explored aswell.

2nd) CBPE, 8 cities soon to be 9, good amount of workers, Compass soon in.

3rd) Gumbolt, 8 cities with one settler on the way. Interesting with Glib and NE done. A different save, like mine, but this one in a good way. ;)

@Gumbolt
Monarchy, well, I don't know really. Since the slaughter of the French there was guite a lot of soldiers around. So, I was aiming for happines, what I learned, or really realized today is that luxuryresources is a damn good commerceboost aswell.

3 votes left (including moi). PNPdred has 2 point lead. If we get another vote tonight I will probably make a deciding vote and end voting. :)

If you've reached the cut-off in your part of the world, I say call it. PNP FTW

Okay we'll wait to 6pm GMT tomorrow and if TMD171 or Theboboni have not voted we'll prolly go with PNP save. Give the rest time to vote I guess.

1. pnp_dredd - well developed cities lots of 8/9 pop and good tech rate, optics soon

2. CBPE - cities not as big but still very good economy and tech, optics seems good

3. Norvin_Green - pretty good tech rate even though no calendar yet, monarchy =\

lymond - lots of cities but it probably slowed tech down, no calendar yet =(

Theboboni - little excessive on the troops it looks like heh, calendar just got in so things will improve soon

Glansmannen - definitely need alpha or currency because now you have to build troops in the meantime even if you dont need them =(

gumbolt - different path with aes/lit. good that you have GL and calendar but I dont think techrate is as strong as people up top. lots of workers =D

Top Bottom