War with RB

Yes, I know it is still not our achievement, but the resound and recoil of our allies victories we can enjoy even as only side spectators for now. :D

You are now my favourite poster.

So, we declare war next turn.

As we discussed, we would like to trick RB in thinking that Starfall is our main goal and not Eastern Dealers. My initial idea was to park our whole army on the desert hill and have nearby 6 workers to road under our stack and if needed the flat desert tile so we can get and kill those 5-6 muskets from Starfall if they decide to start walking and reinforce Eastern Dealers in this turn (t174). Remember we must play before RB in this turn so we can join our allies by declaring war to RB in t175 in the first half of the timer.

Spoiler :

My guess is that we move whatever we can on D1 this turn - canons, muskets, knights, whatever. If RB moves their all 5 (6 with draft from this turn) muskets in the second half of the turn trying to reinforce Eastern Dealers, they can only end on D3. But of course this will mean Starfall is empty, so we can take it in t 175 with 1-2 knights and then the Stone tile will be out of RB culture, so we can hit this moving group on tile D3 with canons and then finish them with muskets, so they never will reach Eastern Dealers. If they stay in Starfall, even better, we move towards the city with canons and muskets to take it with force.

As for our knights which have the task to take Eastern Dealers, I think it will be best if we move them along with couple muskets and canons on p3, being it in the shrinked culture after we take Starfall in t 175 if they empty it this turn, or we can build a road for our armies with our 2 workers on p1.

With moving knights and other units on p1, we are in position to strike at Eastern Dealers in the beginning of t176 and we dont fully give away our intentions. Or we can even move knights closer to Forbidden Fruit.

What you guys think?

What you guys think?

That sounds awesome. I love seeing the strategy that goes into an attack like this. Very impressive. :thumbsup:

I don't know how RB can let our NAP lapse without protecting their city that is about to spawn a GP. Has that scouting chariot spotted anything at all that could move in from the fog to reinforce Eastern Dealers? Are they really playing this sloppy? I guess it's hard to keep tabs on absolutely everything when you're being attacked from three sides :p

Pictures!

Our Army:

Spoiler :

Our Tech:

Spoiler :

Our Espionage:

Spoiler :

RB's Sneakiness:

Spoiler :

RB's Demise:
Spoiler :

sorry to say, but what you wrote metra doesn't make much sense for me

for first you can't attack from p1 eastern dealers unless we move the cultural borders at t176 beginning (are we close on this? like 50:50 culture?)

we need to have knights on either of p2 or p3.

Another problem is that Starfall is on wrong part of fork to Eastern dealers.

Much better fork is forbidden fruit x Eastern dealers.

I would move all cannons, muskets (aka 1 move units) to p3, move there cca 6 knights (not sure about the odds of muskets with knights etc, but it shouldn't be big stack of knights, it should be viewed as counterattack stack if enemy tries to wipe our knights) and the rest of knights move 1NW from p3 (aka they endanger Forbidden fruit directly, but can't strike Eastern dealers).
This way it can be viewed as our main target is Forbidden fruit (the knights can take it at beginning of T176 and cannons+muskets are on direct path towards forbidden fruits).

the tile 1NW of p3 has an advantage of being behind river, but not sure if knights get the river bonus (I think they don't get defensive bonuses at all), if they will come for the stack of knights they will end on wrong part of river, we have there cannons etc, if they don't reinforce forbidden fruit we can take it with knights next turn to make big blow into their cultural borders (hopefully) and hopefully we trick them and take eastern dealers with 6 knights

Starfall is so close to our borders, that I would aim there our reinforcement units

Not looking ideally. RB are sending reinforcements in Eastern Dealers. Ot4e said it is quite possible that we face the following group in the beginning of t 176 sitting in Eastern Dealers:
4 muskets, 1 slaved pike, 1 drafted rifle, 1 general rifle, 1 knight, 2 axe and 1 chariot

If they indeed manage to get those, I am almost 100% sure we wont be able to take the city, or if we are at all able to take it, wont be worth the sacrifices.

BTW, RB cancelled the supplies of resources last turn. This is slight violation of our agreement. Because having those resources count at end of the turn, so basically they deprived us from those 1 turn earlier.

BTW, RB cancelled the supplies of resources last turn. This is slight violation of our agreement. Because having those resources count at end of the turn, so basically they deprived us from those 1 turn earlier.

The scoundrels. This means war! :lol:

Are we still going 100% espionage this turn to try to revolt the city on t176, or do we needed to pretty much abort the attack to kill the gp and just focus on Starfall instead?

I would love to make simulation. And wait for Ot4e for intelligence info. Last he said that there might be the case that they cant draft a rifle there. But they for sure can upgrade 1 musket to rifle. And if they are not obliged to start repaying with 100% of their money, they can upgrade 3-4 muskets to rifles more. Which will pretty much remove all our chances of taking the city without canons.

*sigh* A few spies to revolt the city and delay the GP would have been killer right now... Oh well

We should send them a letter telling them what dirty dealbreakers they are :)

Now you see what I was saying about breaking the terms right at the end of a NAP where War is certain. We should have been pumping espy on them early as they obviously don't care about respecting deals all the way to the end.

I guess we know for the next ISDG :lol:

Yes, it was certainly s surprise to see them breaking the deal. Yes, it is small thing, but still a deal break.

The big question stays: Do we spend 750+ gold for 1 turn of 100% espionage and hope that we can bring down the Eastern Dealers defense down and if we have a chance even then with 3-4 muskets and 2-3 rifles in there - one of them being CG3 or even scarier. We have 18 knights which can get in time and most of them have 2 strength promotions and some of them have only 1 str promotion.

If we decide we go for Dealers, then it is OK, but if we decide we dont go there? Is it worth we make a maneuver and try to get the SE part of RB? It is settled soon with small cities most probably unable to draft. Or we keep our knights for another case?

Whether we are going for Eastern Dealers or not we should still pump espy on them. This situation we are in now shows that it is always better to already have the espionage prepared to use when the strategic opportunity arises. Plus, there is a chance that they will see the espy boost and anticipate the Eastern Dealers attack, and this will make it easier to attack somewhere else as they scramble to save their GP city.

However, I am not in favor of risking a large number of knights for a low odds suicide mission. We should only attempt to take Eastern Dealers if we can take it easily with few casualties. Otherwise save our knights for a more decisive battle.

Top Bottom