1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with RB

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Aug 23, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, it is in their interest for sure. But not only for the money. I think they expected RB to put way fierce fight and to not really fall down, so Uciv can tech and develop in peace while we 4 kill each-other in endless war.

Now, they see that maybe it was not such a great idea to change their word and instead of helping us help our enemies. As we will want to pay them a visit once we are done with RB for sure.

2. 2metraninja

RB took back the empty Starfall. Lets see how they played their units there.

3. 2metraninja

Your ninja-general have to apology to the team. I played our last turn in about 2AM deadly tired and I have sent a group of 3 workers dont-know-where so this turn we were not able to use the great opportunity we were hoping to get to destroy RB's main stack - an opportunity we with Bistrita were hoping and waiting and expecting to have. We were to build a road on one desert tile, but it turned out we have only 2 workers on the front after I sent the other 3 somewhere elsewhere :(

Rb got 17 rifles stack on our front and the only possible move we see now is to re-take Starfall and raze it to not deal with their huge culture there again and keep our maneuverability options. Then we will try to re-settle that spot and hope we will have the same opportunity to destroy their main stack in 3 turns.

Sorry again folks, I must had played in more normal time and not fall asleep on the keyboard few times during the turn :(

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

It happens... :(. All the more reason to come up with some even better strategy next time. ;)

5. 2metraninja

Here is a map of our sector of the front:
    Spoiler :

My idea is we move on D2 tile and wait what RB do.

Attached Files:

6. 2metraninja

Working already on that :please:

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Be careful about splitting our stack, we don't want to give them the chance to put a hurting on us with those rifles. Any danger of culture shifts with those border tiles?

D2 (w/ a road from our fast workers) seems fine to camp at for a turn or two. We want to draw their stack out to where we can decisively hit it. After we consolidate around D2 we can see what RB does. If they stay passive in their territory we can threaten towards Forbidden Fruit by moving to the tile NW of p3 (guarded by river). Based on the culture I think attacking on this Northern axis is safer than the central axis towards the 3-way fork.

8. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I agree with cav scout that we should keep all our troops together in one big SOD. That 3-way fork tile seems pretty devastating, but RB only needs a couple rifles in each city to prevent us from sending our knights with any success. So we probably want to stick with the "wrecking ball" approach of just keeping everything together and relying on cannons + superior numbers to take out RBs cities.

Where are our grens? Just having a few in our stack would make it much harder to do any damage against it.

9. 2metraninja

Yes, we are trying to consolidate our armies in one big and supposedly unstoppable stack, but our empire is big and just in 2 turns we will get our slow-moving units from the French front!

We are secretly hoping RB will make a mistake or we will have the stars align to our favor. I am already awaiting impatiently the next turn to come so we can see if something is in our nets - is it tasty fish or nasty shark to tear our nets and bite off one hand off us :D

Our grens were just being whipped in this turn. About 20 of them. This lone costed us like 50 gpt decrease :( But we must keep on the pressure on RB! They are like wounded beast now - hit, but still deadly dangerous.

10. 2metraninja

So, another disappointing news. Hopefully this wont become a trend :)

RB attacked Eastern Dealers and took it from us. According to APTmod site, it was about fair exchange of units - we killed 3 RB units and we lost 4, but this puts us back to first grade in school. We cant tell for sure before entering the game at the new turn, but our trap most probably wont work now and we will have to spend another 2 turns getting ED back or outright retreat to regroup and wait for reinforcements. :(

This was not planned at all. Keeping with the net and fishes metaphor, this was the shark biting us at the ar$e from behind while we are looking concentrated at the net in our hands.

11. 2metraninja

Guys! I think we got them!

We got a screenshot from our allies (I am still in the office). RB stack is staying on a tile, which we can reach if we remove the culture from ED, which will be removed if we get the city back. Which we can do creating and using one Commando knight. We have the workers in range, we have the GG in range and initial estimations are that we will have like 70-75% chance to kill the lonely musket defending Eastern Dealers. Once the culture is removed, it will be massacre. Our cannons will do the job we created them for making of what was the mighty Eastern RB army to become a minced and mashed meat, ready to be mopped-up by our knights and muskets.

So it is like the fate of the war is hanging on a single string and dice roll. If we succeed, we will simply crush RB and we start advancing and taking cities from their core.

LOL, we were joking with Bistrita last night and said that if the RNG Gods put everything we need to destroy the RB stack, we will make a human sacrifice by killing one of the captured Zulu workers :D So, I am quite optimistic about the outcome.

Attached Files:

12. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

Well i used sareln comabat calculator and going comand0(that means comabat 4) we have 69,02 odds if we with morale knight combat 2 and pinch we have 71,48 %.But we can as wel get a combat 3 morale which will have 64 odds or luckily we can go a comabt 3 pinch morale which will gave odds:75.70 .betre then this its not posible.

13. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

We realy need to win a 75% pleaseeeeeeeeee.

14. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

victoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

15. 2metraninja

:) Very well, Bist, your luck is turning around! :woohoo:

So, the massacre begins. :ar15:

16. 2metraninja

Our victory is full and unconditional. RB's defeat is totally utter. Will post pics later, going to the gym now, have some energy to burn :D

17. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

There are not enough smileys to express my joy.

Accordingly, :spear:.

18. 2metraninja

Yes, it feel sweet :)

So, here are the screenshots from our allies so we can look, count and evaluate our chances and next moves:

Attached Files:

19. 2metraninja

Here is what we had done to RB. There are still like 7-8 units for us to kill, mind you. We wanted to think a bit how is best to proceed with them.

Our map looks like this (1600x1200 screenshot) :
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

20. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

kill Kill KILL. We need to destroy their ability to field a meaningful stack again. Don't let any of their units slip away if we can prevent it. We can always replace our losses.

EDIT: to be more specific- finish off the remainder of their stack and kill the two cats 1N with chars/knights while staying out of range of their maces/cats mini-stack on top of the gold. I'm not worried about any subsequent hits we take if they sally the Forbidden Fruit garrison, just makes them easier to kill. That lone knight is slightly annoying but I would be fine trading a char/knight to get those two cats.