1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with RB

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

It seems to me that any sensible division of land will greatly benefit Poly. This gives us opportunity for two diplomatic options. First, we can try to leverage this with our allies. In this scenario we'll let Poly to have the northern reaches and we also give CP more than their fair share of the land. We give the concessions in exchange for extended NAP and dibs in WPC and/or UCiv lands. So in short, we'll give up some short term gain but get much more land in the end. Only big drawback I see is that if we get majority of WPC & UCiv land, we may well face a 3 vs. 1 alliance, us being the solitary defender.

The other diplomatic option is to sow seeds of discord between CP and Poly. AFAIK, that shouldn't be too difficult. We aim to hold the peace until we can annex UCiv lands and at least some of WPC lands, but the ultimate plan is to orchestrate CP + CFC joined attack on Poly. Good thing with this plan would be that at worst we'll face 2 vs 2 war if Poly can talk CivFr on their side.

Anyway, I think that how this land division is handled will decide much of how the rest of the game will turn out. Though the land division itself is important, I think that how it will handled will be much more important. Thus, we should plan out our actions accordingly.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Possible land division v.CFC.0.1 :

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

3. 2metraninja

@ Aivo:

I see more us+Poly vs CivFR or CivFR+CP. Those guys are just getting along way too well for my liking and for my sensors to not sound the alarm. CivFR offered us peace when CP wanted, then they send 30 cuirs along with CP when CP wants and needs... I dont feel comfortable about those 2.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

We have known all along that CP was planning to join with CivFr in the end. This should be no surprise to us. I think it should be obvious that those two are allied secretly all along and we must accept that CP is not going to be best-buddies with us, they already have their partner.

Anyway, we can deal with the potential CivFr/CP alliance later can't we? For now we need to figure out how to take UCiv's land next, or has the plan changed?

5. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Then I think that the key question is whether we want to face 2 vs 2 war and then dish it out with Poly, or would we rather go along with CP, sic them on Poly and prepare for the 2 vs 1 war against CP & CivFr later. Which one is in your opinion more dangerous, strong late game Poly or CP & CivFr late game alliance?

6. 2metraninja

Uciv will be most probably way too big bite for us alone. With CP - maybe yes.

What we can do is gut WPC quick at t200

7. 2metraninja

So we received maps from our allies and as expected, Ot4e's map is like: "Screw CFC", MZ's is a bit more fair, but still not in our favor. Will post them tomorrow.

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Two thoughts:

1. As I said before, the correct play in this situation is to keep the discussion going and dont make any final agreements on anything. Meanwhile, we grab as many of the good sites as we can. Screw those tundra and ice cities, lets claim as many core cities as possible. Later on, we can claim that we had to do it for strategic blah, blah, blah... the point is, as 2metra already said possesion is 9/10ths of the law in this situation... Better to ask forgiveness than permission. Let them be the ones like WPC who are complaining how they were "cheated" as their neighbors move in for the kill.

2. We must also be careful not to make the mistake that RB made... Taking more than we can quickly develop and mobilize for the next War. IMO, if they had allowed WPC to have more of the German cities, they would have been more ready for us when the NAP ended. We should start focusing on taking only the cities that will be quickly developed and ready to contribute to the economy/War production. It seems more and more clear that the next War is coming immediately after this one ends, and this War will be the one that decides the winner of the game.

PS - We will need Rifling very soon and then MGs/Infantries to be ready for the next fight.

Finally... I also think that RB must be destroyed.

9. 2metraninja

So, this is how our negotiations evolved (or it is more appropriate to say "degraded"?)

Spoiler :

And here is the MZ's map:

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

10. 2metraninja

So, please, everyone vote if we accept this land division. If needed, lets have official vote posted.

11. 2metraninja

Any advices/opinions are also welcome, as I feel like starting to get out of patience and tolerance.

12. vranasm

vranasm Deity

well it shows why in history so many alliances broke and went nowhere...

I doubt I will be much of help except for some heads up and wishing gl.

another thing I find quite irony is how CP position changed from "they are our best allies" to "they want to screw us together with CivFR".

I think the civ that ends as 1st score after the RB war will have worst diplomacy position and since there is still so many competitors for win it's important to have still some allies.

So we really should be careful how much ham we want to go with this one... giving couple more cities to CP, so Poly has some angry on them... well played for our diplomacy imo...

there will be some dogpile after the war for sure... let's make sure we're not the target of such dogpile.

13. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

I am vey unpleased but what we can do as i suspect for a very long time Ote its behind our war with french and now what happening its outrageous.We lose far more then we wib from this war.Without this we would have been a very second power civ near top and now will be third and them would have been small and pitifull and they feel this is not right?

He gets more then 70 food, is that worth a shrine? oh yeah 30 merchants 90 gold.

14. vranasm

vranasm Deity

just remember that RB played even stronger game then us and now their land is parted by 3 teams...

btw they really want to give us that horrible desert site nearly undefendable? it's almost like insult.

15. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

we are realy insulted by this guy.Well we have to take care Mz remains our freind as i dont belive ote at all.He realy treats us with disrect and belives us stupid.This is my personal opinion and i belive that about Ote for a long time.

16. 2metraninja

We went to paying 1 turn of income each - CFC and Poly for Ot4e accepting the MZ map. But this is not the end:

17. 2metraninja

Yes, I think we wont have much problems with keeping MZ as our friend:

18. 2metraninja

:wow::dubious:

19. vranasm

vranasm Deity

^^ that kinda made my day...

20. 2metraninja

Yes, his exit was pure genius.