1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with RB

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Aug 23, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Here is the situation on the front:

Spoiler :

I say we take The Covenant and Forbidden Fruit first this turn and then move towards Mansa's Muse and hope we can use our Commando next turn.

Attached Files:

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Can we reach Forbidden Fruit with enough stuff to take it this turn?

3. 2metraninja

Yes, sure. Our main stack is SE from it. We have like 5-6 knights and 1 morale grenadier there.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Obviously we must have Mansa's Muse... It already has our name on it.;)

5. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Even though we now have an agreement to divide the spoils we should still capture every city we can, even if it will eventually go to another team.

6. 2metraninja

City gifting is forbidden in this game. Conquest, culture flip and resolutions are only way to change possession.

7. 2metraninja

We took The Covenant and Forbidden Fruit. With The Covenant it was easy, where at FF we even lost our Morale Super Healer Grenadier at 93+% :(

8. Sommerswerd

Careful, we were in 4th place, now we are in 2nd place. We don'twant to be the target of the next dogpile. Let's not make the same mistake RB did and make ourselves look like runaway score leaders. We want to gain a gradual lead through development so that we have time to build a powerful offensive and defensive position with the most advanced units. We are not there yet, and so we are not ready to be score leader yet.

9. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I see from the apt emails that we took Catherine, then they re-took it, and we had to capture it again. I know we're trying to race ahead to take as many cities as possible with minimal troops, but that has to be setting us behind. Are RB focusing all their troops against us now? It seems like CP continues taking new cities at a much faster rate than us.

10. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

well yes they are focusing alitle on us,but its fine next turn will get 4 cities and will keep those.

11. Sommerswerd

12. 2metraninja

Catherine was tactical mistake. We also lost our Morale GG knight there.

It is also true that RB empty their cities in front of the advancing CP and CivFR multitude of cuirrasiers and send units at our front. In French Riviera they left 2 units or something, while sending our way 8-9 from the city.

RB are also slaved a galley in Winter Wastelands. They will either try to reinforce their island city near our south shores prolonging the conflict, or they will try to embark on our side of Thunder bay.

13. 2metraninja

So, we landed the crushing blow to RB this turn. It felt almost like stabbing a dead dog, but still, it is sweet that we got our cities at last.

Great news is that ALL money multiplying buildings survived in Mansa's Muse! So in 3 turns the Shrine there will start to net us 80 gpt :woohoo:

Another nice touch up is we had founded A1 city on the isthmus. We are late, but we are not forgot about it ;)

We are first in score, first in production, first in food, first in land, first in power and we have the most money accumulated right now (this will change this turn as we will give the regular 150 gold from the loan to CP - sixth time this turn - and we will give CP their 400 gold they extorted from us for agreeing to leave the Shrine to us).

We are however in the pity fifth place in GNP. We hope this will change soon for better too :)

14. vranasm

vranasm Deity

this part of your report really really worries me... and you can use this as an answer to your question in Apolyton thread...

we kinda need not be next target of dogpile...

15. Sommerswerd

I agree that being first in score makes us a target.

16. 2metraninja

hohohohoho
    our glorious trireme killed all the 2 RB triremes :D
    our fleet is invincible !!! hohohoho

We had a trireme to cover our galley which unloaded the last 2 units needed to kill off RB and then I was already mourned our trireme, having to fight against 2 enemy triremes, but wow! She sank BOTH RB triremes hahah

MH must be pulling his hairs :(

17. Sommerswerd

Fortuna favours the bold...

And she is quite beautiful too, so I have heard ;)

18. 2metraninja

Next turn we finish off RB :)

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Nice :thumbsup:

What about our concerns that with RB gone, CP can try for the religious victory?

20. 2metraninja

I asked ot4e to not call or vote for religious win vote and I promised him not to use CMS and RSM to him.

It is the best value we could had got I think. I know, I did it without asking the team, but all the other options were too much costly or outright impossible.