1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

Missing Units, Land Units, Air Units, Naval Units

1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Thanks for the feedback.
    1. I will get that changed. I did not really look to much into the UU for each Civ and there are probably a couple of others that need fixing.
    2. Yes the Cataphract should be better than a standard Armored Horseman so I will fix that too.
    3. I am not a 2D artist and this is about as good as it gets from me. If there are any 2D artist who want to fix/make icons and portraits for me I would be extremely grateful.

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Wolfdog updated Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

More Naval Units

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain

and again you rock!
    no words man!

4. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Cheers man. I did not get around to the Marine this time but I will add it next update along with an AAV-7A1.

Golan v likes this.
  5. Magic90

Magic90 Chieftain

Slow clap
    So many boats, can't wait to try them out!

6. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

What would you think about some Cold War era units ... like Cold War jet fighter ... and such ... what other units are you planing ? I saw something about a marine and AAV unit ?

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

The new update looks brilliant, Wolfdog! :thumbsup:

Although I haven't had a chance to play yet, I'm curious how the AI handles a second Naval Ranged unit line. Do they build both (e.g. Battlecruisers & Battleships)?

I'm unsure what, if any, difference is there in a Naval Ranged unit using Range Attack vs. Bombard? I know there's a difference for land units when attacking units vs cities.

I also didn't see any changes to MOAR's Yamato. Does it need to be moved to the Heavy Naval Ranged line?

8. Magic90

Magic90 Chieftain

From what I've gathered, there's another naval line called "heavy naval ranged" which has the naval bombard units (ship of the line, pre-dreadnoughts, etc.) and the cruisers go under the normal naval ranged line. I think the difference between the naval ranged and bombard attacks are the same as the land units, if I'm not mistaken. So the "heavy" naval units will be better at bombarding cities than other units, and vice versa with the "regular" naval ranged unit. I also noticed they both share the same promotion line too

9. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

Yes, I know that. My question is how the AI handles two unit lines that are both Naval Ranged. Does it differentiate between the two (One having Siege AIType and the other not.)? Or, does it prioritize one over the other?
    You're partly correct. The "COMBAT_RANGED_VS_DISTRICT_STRENGTH_MODIFIER" only seems to work with Land Ranged units. In my testing all "CLASS_NAVAL_RANGED" units attack cities and units at full strength (There is no modifier shown in the combat preview.), which wouldn't be the case if the first modifier applied. However, the "COMBAT_BOMBARD_VS_UNIT_STRENGTH_MODIFIER", which affects Land Siege units, also seems to affect Naval units with a Bombard Attack. When trying to bomb land units I received the -17 penalty that Siege units have.
    They do share the same promotion class.

10. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

I have not had much chance to do any testing so I am not sure how well the heavy naval ranged will perform. I do think I will need to add a promotion class for them though in the next update. Looks like some modifiers may be an issue as well.
    Yes I would like to at some point re-visit the aircraft and add some cultural variation. I may even get USA out of the Northern Europe cultural group (I have no idea why USA and Russia were in there to begin with) and into a North American cultural group.

11. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Chieftain

Naval update, rad!

Wolfdog likes this.
  12. Stlyker

Stlyker Chieftain

I update the Chinese text with the new Naval unit for this great mod,would you like to update it next time?:)

Attached Files:

13. Metaton

Metaton Chieftain

Hi Wolfdog,

I tried to use your mod, but once the scenario is set it I get to the loading screen for approx. 3 seconds and it is throwing me back to the main screen again.
    I am not sure which version is required from moar units mod, should I use this? https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/moar-units-mod.25391/
    What do you mean by moar units core is not compatible?
    Is the above link is the core version? A different version would be needed?
    I tried to pinpoint what could be wrong, I tried to download the previous versions of your mod and the moar units mod as well, but it seems they are not working together for me, even if I try to match the versions. If I disable Warfare Expanded then it loads fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

14. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain

@Metaton - what game version are you using???

15. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Thank you, I will add this to the next update.

@Metaton as @Golan v was saying you need to be patched to the latest version of Civ 6. The link you posted is the correct version of MOAR.

On another note I think I will need to will bring out a minor update to address the Yamato and bombard penalty.

16. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

17. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

If you don't use MOAR DLC please download this file and replace the modinfo file in the mods folder.

18. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain

new "bug" after last update (today) - promotion to ground attack does not work - I am not sure yet if its to all aircrafs....

19. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Thanks, I will check it out.

EDIT: I just looked on steam and some users are reporting that they cannot upgrade aircraft either if you have any promotions pending. If they promote the unit then they can upgrade Is this the same as what you are experiencing?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  20. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain

Yep..exacly