1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

Missing Units, Land Units, Air Units, Naval Units

1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

I have had the same issue reported on Steam Workshop. I am looking into but I am not sure that there is much I can do about it as the base game code probably has not had anything put into it how to handle the aircraft during an upgrade as there no reason for it in the base game.

2. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

I deleted the upgrade..and no issu..surrry

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

When you say you deleted the upgrade do you mean deleted the supercarrier after upgrading it and building one from scratch and there was no issue?

4. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

No no.. just the line thats order it to been upgrade.. so now i have tow carrires .. one is old cheep and with 3 slots.. and 1 with 6 but expensive :) thats i do to alot of your code.. just for me

5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Cool. Do you do have any code that I don't have other than adding and another carrier?

6. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

No.. just that

7. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

@Wolfdog - one more odd thing : why when I put the stealth fighter on the supercarrier(or any other air force) it reduce its combat attack to 55 (for all air-force)
    is there any way to pass this and "fix" it to a is own regular attack?

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Ahhh great more bugs with the Supercarrier. I think I will have to pull it from the next build and wait till I have some time to troubleshoot it.

9. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

I wish you wont pull it out.. cus it is a master piece.. ther must be aline that is missing.. did you copy the same from the regular carrier ?

@Wolfdog -* an update: I noticed that the regular carrier does the same thing to all airforce
    I think the last update (fall/Autumn update) made the changes :/... I don't like it

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  10. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Interesting, that will explain it then. I guess I will leave it in and just let people know that there is a bug with it until I can track it down.

I am still in the process of making the unit models at the moment but I guess at some stage I will have to troll through the base game code to see if I missed anything.:cringe:

Golan v likes this.
  11. Magic90

Magic90 Chieftain

Just played through my first game, and the stealth aircraft and naval units play amazingly! I also enjoy the presence of UAVs in the late game, great idea. I did notice the lighting on the missile destroyer was a tad bit bright as well, a minor issue.

In reference to the carrier issue, is it possible that the reason they appear weaker is because they are embarked? I think embarked units have reduced combat stats, I'm not 100% though.

On another note, I really appreciate the different models for the different cultural regions. One thing though... Russia is technically listed as a Northern European faction and therefore uses western models of the air cavalry, modern armor, and missile cruisers. Is there any way to change that so that they go back to using their civ 6 models, since they were already based off of Russian units (T80 MBT, Hind gunship, and the Soviet Tarantul Class Missile Corvette). My suggestion would be to maybe list Russia as an Eastern faction, so that they use those models. Or idk maybe edit Russia into a unique region?

I'm loving the diversity on the units though, and am excited to see what you'll do with the marine units you mentioned earlier. Keep up the great work!

Golan v likes this.
  12. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Thanks. I have not had a chance to look into the Supercarrier issue yet but yes that is possible that embarked is causing the issue.

I am changing the Missile Destroyer models as I have not been happy with them and have got some better ones.

Russia is a hard one. It can be fixed but it will take a long time to fix it. Problem is Firaxis have changed civ 6 to not use sql anymore so there is no easy way to create new tables. It will involve lots of copying and pasting and renaming of tags in a ridiculously large xml file. I also have some other Russian units I want to add like the BMPT Terminator but I don't see an easy fix and I really don't have the time to create a Russian art style.:crazyeye:

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, I miss SQL a lot for the art defines in civ6, one step forward with the attachment system, two steps backward with copy/pasting large chunks of code and hell on earth for maintaining compatibility...

Wolfdog likes this.
  14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@Wolfdog Was playing around with the new units and the UAV kept freezing the game. It had to do with the Stackable column being set to "true". Once I set it to "false" everything ran fine.

15. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

IT didnt happend to me :/
    Worked perfact

16. Superszadko

Superszadko Chieftain

Hello
    I have a problem with this mod. I have installed all mods MOAR Units and Warfare Expanded v.5, but when I start a new game nothing happens (the game returns to main menu).
    When i turn off a Warfare Exp. the game start correctly.
    In database.log it is written many times sentences "Validating Foreign Key Constraints..." and "ERROR: Invalid Reference on UnitAiInfos.AiType - "UNITTYPE_AIR" does not exist in UnitAiTypes" but I don't know what that could mean and how can i fix it :(

17. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Yeah, I was experimenting with making it a air unit for a while and must have forgot to turn it off. Weird that its not affecting everyone but.
    Are you running MOAR Core? I know that this mod is not compatible with that.
    Also are you running the latest update for Civ 6? Sounds like you aren't. See post here

18. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

No worries then if I'm the only one. Most likely just something I inadvertently caused by mucking around. :think:

19. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

No you are correct it was set to true. I checked it last night and I have set to false now so thanks for the report.

20. Superszadko

Superszadko Chieftain

I played a little with More Units and Warfare (thx for your help :)) and I have some minor changes to make suggestions (of course if you want).
    1. In the case of Persia, replace the cataphracts unit with a armored horseman unit. For now, this nation has two heavy cavalry units available at the same time that have similar stats.
    2. Strengthen slightly cataphracts, while armored horseman reduce range of movement to 3.
    3. Improve some icons of units because they are quite blurred (especially their outlines). In addition to the various icons for pike & shot / tercio and cataphracts / armored horseman.

These are my observations, and I just wanted to show what it would be like to improve:)