Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

By the way the fix to make Warfare Expanded with Moar Units Core Only is really simple. Just add the EXISTS clause for the UNIT_TERCIO insert into Unit Replaces like this:
Code:
-- Unit Replaces
INSERT INTO UnitReplaces
        (CivUniqueUnitType,                ReplacesUnitType)
VALUES    ('UNIT_INDIAN_VARU',            'UNIT_ARMORED_HORSEMAN'),
        ('UNIT_AMERICAN_ROUGH_RIDER',    'UNIT_CUIRASSIER');

INSERT INTO UnitReplaces
SELECT    'UNIT_TERCIO',    'UNIT_PIKE_AND_SHOT'
WHERE   EXISTS (SELECT UnitType FROM Units WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_TERCIO');

By the way the fix to make Warfare Expanded with Moar Units Core Only is really simple. Just add the EXISTS clause for the UNIT_TERCIO insert into Unit Replaces like this:
Code:
-- Unit Replaces
INSERT INTO UnitReplaces
VALUES    ('UNIT_INDIAN_VARU',            'UNIT_ARMORED_HORSEMAN'),
        ('UNIT_AMERICAN_ROUGH_RIDER',    'UNIT_CUIRASSIER');

INSERT INTO UnitReplaces
SELECT    'UNIT_TERCIO',    'UNIT_PIKE_AND_SHOT'
WHERE   EXISTS (SELECT UnitType FROM Units WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_TERCIO');
Thanks, appreciate it. I never really got time to sit down and figure out where it was breaking. I will add it to the next update.

I remember you mentioning a new marine unit (which I think is really cool), and I had some questions... Is it going to be part of its own amphibious upgradable line (like an industrial marine->modern marine->atomic marine, etc.), or is it going to be a standalone unit in the atomic era like past games? Would it have its own promotion line as well, or the same as the melee line? And would you remove the amphibious promotion from the melee line? With the introduction of marines and their inherent amphibious promotion, I think the melee line's amphibious promotion would be redundant. It could be replaced with something that better suits the melee units' needs on the frontline. What are your thoughts?

If you please what is the newest version of CIV 6??
I have Sid Meiers Civilization VI Winter 2016"

If you please what is the newest version of CIV 6??
I have Sid Meiers Civilization VI Winter 2016"
Fall 2017 is the latest patch See here. Not sure where you get i t from if you don't use steam.
I remember you mentioning a new marine unit (which I think is really cool), and I had some questions... Is it going to be part of its own amphibious upgradable line (like an industrial marine->modern marine->atomic marine, etc.), or is it going to be a standalone unit in the atomic era like past games? Would it have its own promotion line as well, or the same as the melee line? And would you remove the amphibious promotion from the melee line? With the introduction of marines and their inherent amphibious promotion, I think the melee line's amphibious promotion would be redundant. It could be replaced with something that better suits the melee units' needs on the frontline. What are your thoughts?
Yes I would like to do as you say a marine for each of those eras. I have almost finished the atomic marine but progress is going to be very slow as I don't have much time for modding at the moment. I am in favor of removing the amphibious promotion but I can site plenty of examples in WW2 where Infantry (Army) units took part in amphibious operations even WW1 for that matter. So I am not sure, might have to take a general consensus on that. I think it should have it own promotion line but I am not sure exactly what yet. Do you have any you would like?

I like the idea of era-specific marines, maybe starting off at industrial and ending with a mechanized marine? Although there are instances of ancient marine units like vikings and greeks, it just seems like a lot of work to go that far back. In addition to their inherent amphibious promotion, I think all the marine units should have an extra embarked defense, as in previous civilizations, to better protect them at sea. As far as promotions go, you could always reuse some of the melee line's promotions, but I gave it some thought and here are my suggestions for the two marine promotion lines.

Promotion Line 1
Tier 1- River Patrol: +7 combat bonus on river tiles and marshes.
Tier 2- Expeditionary Force: +7 combat bonus in foreign or enemy territory (similar to the English Redcoat).
Tier 3- Combined Arms: Does not suffer combat penalties when damaged (Like the Japanese Samurai).

Promotion Line 2
Tier 1- Coast Guard: +7 combat bonus when adjacent to coastal tiles (similar to the Australian Diggers).
Tier 2- Reserve Forces: +7 combat bonus in friendly territory (similar to the French Garde Imperial).
Tier 3- Corpsmen: Unit heals every turn, regardless of action (like the March promotion in previous games).

Tier 4- Elite Raider: +10 combat bonus when attacking. Can move after attacking.

I tried to come up with promotions that would benefit their line (as amphibious and/or invading forces), with the Tier 1 promotions giving some kind of buff to their inherent amphibious promotion. I also made Line 1 to be better suited at spearheading attacks after a naval invasion, while Line 2 would be better suited at defending or support.

Let me know what you think, after all I'm not a modder and these are just ideas.

I like the idea of era-specific marines, maybe starting off at industrial and ending with a mechanized marine? Although there are instances of ancient marine units like vikings and greeks, it just seems like a lot of work to go that far back. In addition to their inherent amphibious promotion, I think all the marine units should have an extra embarked defense, as in previous civilizations, to better protect them at sea. As far as promotions go, you could always reuse some of the melee line's promotions, but I gave it some thought and here are my suggestions for the two marine promotion lines.

Promotion Line 1
Tier 1- River Patrol: +7 combat bonus on river tiles and marshes.
Tier 2- Expeditionary Force: +7 combat bonus in foreign or enemy territory (similar to the English Redcoat).
Tier 3- Combined Arms: Does not suffer combat penalties when damaged (Like the Japanese Samurai).

Promotion Line 2
Tier 1- Coast Guard: +7 combat bonus when adjacent to coastal tiles (similar to the Australian Diggers).
Tier 2- Reserve Forces: +7 combat bonus in friendly territory (similar to the French Garde Imperial).
Tier 3- Corpsmen: Unit heals every turn, regardless of action (like the March promotion in previous games).

Tier 4- Elite Raider: +10 combat bonus when attacking. Can move after attacking.

I tried to come up with promotions that would benefit their line (as amphibious and/or invading forces), with the Tier 1 promotions giving some kind of buff to their inherent amphibious promotion. I also made Line 1 to be better suited at spearheading attacks after a naval invasion, while Line 2 would be better suited at defending or support.

Let me know what you think, after all I'm not a modder and these are just ideas.
Wow, that's great. I don't think I would change anything.They are all do-able as well.

Fall 2017 is the latest patch See here. Not sure where you get i t from if you don't use steam

Yes I would like to do as you say a marine for each of those eras. I have almost finished the atomic marine but progress is going to be very slow as I don't have much time for modding at the moment. I am in favor of removing the amphibious promotion but I can site plenty of examples in WW2 where Infantry (Army) units took part in amphibious operations even WW1 for that matter. So I am not sure, might have to take a general consensus on that. I think it should have it own promotion line but I am not sure exactly what yet. Do you have any you would like?

Good, I installed it, AND ALL MODS APPEAR IN THE ADDITIONAL CPNTENT, BUT NO WAY, THE GAME COULDN'T START :(
MODS that I installed:
CurrentTimeofDay
District Cost Mod
Dynamic Diplomacy
Germany WH
Military Doctrines
PassableMountains
Real Eurekas
Strategic Industry
TCS Improved Forts and Engineers
TCS Improved Water Yields
Test of Time
Urban Development
Free Camera
brothel_building
BuilderMod
Wondrous Wonders...
I deleted some and kept: PassableMountains, CurrentTimeofDay, brothel_building, BuilderMod, and Wondrous Wonders, the game goes on but the mods didn't work!!!
It is soooooooooooo boring.

Last edited:
Wow, that's great. I don't think I would change anything.They are all do-able as well.
Thanks, they would work well for their role I think. A few things I forgot to mention... I think the marines should be just slightly weaker than their melee counterparts. That way they won't feel like they're replacing melee units, but rather offering advantages in their special roles. Maybe make them like 3 points weaker than their era-specific melee units?
And as for the mechanized marines, I was thinking you could just use the LAV from the current mechanized infantry, and just return the Stryker back to the mechanized infantry. They're practically the same vehicle, but in the U.S. military, the Marines use LAVs and the Army uses Strykers. It fits historically, and you wouldn't have to search for or create a new skin.

This just occurred to me. I think that if you do decide to make the marines slightly weaker than melee units then those tier 1 promotions should offer +10 combat bonuses instead of +7. If you choose to keep them at the same strength as melee units, than the +7 would work fine. My aim is that they should have a distinct advantage over melee units in or adjacent to rivers, marshes, and coastal tiles, but perform slightly weaker if caught in the open.

This just occurred to me. I think that if you do decide to make the marines slightly weaker than melee units then those tier 1 promotions should offer +10 combat bonuses instead of +7. If you choose to keep them at the same strength as melee units, than the +7 would work fine. My aim is that they should have a distinct advantage over melee units in or adjacent to rivers, marshes, and coastal tiles, but perform slightly weaker if caught in the open.
That seems fair as we don't wan't to make them too OP. As for the atomic era marines I have an AAV-7A1 ready to go for the vehicle. The LAV could be used as some sort or armored recon vehicle for the marines. I would eventually like to make the M2 Bradley as the mech inf vehicle for US and use the stryker as generic.

Good, I installed it, AND ALL MODS APPEAR IN THE ADDITIONAL CPNTENT, BUT NO WAY, THE GAME COULDN'T START :(
MODS that I installed:
CurrentTimeofDay
District Cost Mod
Dynamic Diplomacy
Germany WH
Military Doctrines
PassableMountains
Real Eurekas
Strategic Industry
TCS Improved Forts and Engineers
TCS Improved Water Yields
Test of Time
Urban Development
Free Camera
brothel_building
BuilderMod
Wondrous Wonders...
I deleted some and kept: PassableMountains, CurrentTimeofDay, brothel_building, BuilderMod, and Wondrous Wonders, the game goes on but the mods didn't work!!!
It is soooooooooooo boring.
I am not sure I have not tested this mod with any these mods. Make sure you are not using MOAR core (thanks to Delivertor I have a fix for this on the next update). Does it work without any off these mods? You may need to disable them all and add one or two at a time till you find the culprit.

The Amtracks and Bradleys sound like a good idea! The only spot I can think of for the LAV is maybe use it as a tank Destroyer for the US? The current model is Russian, but it still would not technically be an anti tank vehicle. Idk I like the model, I'd hate to see it go :/

If you make it a recon unit, it would conflict with the upcoming Special Forces unit in the next patch. When you say "armored recon vehicle for the marines" do you mean to use it as an alternative recon unit to the Special Forces? I think that could work, maybe slap on an amphibious promotion and call it Marine Recon

Not really as a alternative to the Special Forces but more of a light cavalry vehicle. I am not too sure how LAV's fit into the Marine's organisational structure but I know in Australia we use then in the armored reconnaissance role and a secondary role as support for Infantry. I know the Marines have dismounted Recon troops as well which sort off doubles as the SF role so yeah I would not use the LAV to replace them.

Any progress on RED support?
Wouldnt it be easier to add that natively as you add new units, to avoid double-work later on of having to re-update for each new unit afterwards?
Surely some sort of pre-req check could be added, so "IF R.E.D. Modpack THEN" use the r.e.d. unit files, rather than vanilla unit files (size).
Absolutely love how this mod is panning out, so many essential new unit types, but without RED support i just cant play it.

Any progress on RED support?
Wouldnt it be easier to add that natively as you add new units, to avoid double-work later on of having to re-update for each new unit afterwards?
Surely some sort of pre-req check could be added, so "IF R.E.D. Modpack THEN" use the r.e.d. unit files, rather than vanilla unit files (size).
Absolutely love how this mod is panning out, so many essential new unit types, but without RED support i just cant play it.
IMO that the weak spot of civ6 modding framework ATM, compatibility between mods changing existing units visual representation is not easy.

I am close to finishing the next update but as I am moving at the moment I don't have much time to spend on it or good access to the internet.

I originally posted this on The MOAR Forum but that was a gaffe by mistake, this was meant for you.
I notice you have added WW1 tank units but not WW1 infantry units, have you thought adding any Great War units not included in Vanilla Civilization VI, should be easy to import the models over, oooh how about The Giant Death Robot, that would be soo awesome, you could even launch ICBM's from it....... if that's okay with you of course.

I originally posted this on The MOAR Forum but that was a gaffe by mistake, this was meant for you.
I notice you have added WW1 tank units but not WW1 infantry units, have you thought adding any Great War units not included in Vanilla Civilization VI, should be easy to import the models over, oooh how about The Giant Death Robot, that would be soo awesome, you could even launch ICBM's from it....... if that's okay with you of course.
For WW1 I would like to add a generic WW1 Infantry and maybe eventually some cultural ones. I have already done WW1 planes. My plan is eventually to have a foot infantry line and a mounted infantry line so the WW1 Infantry would fit in the foot line and bump the WW2 Infantry up to the Atomic era. Not sure about the GDR but who knows.

What are your plans with the recon line after the expansion comes out, given the upcoming Spec Ops and Drone units?

Top Bottom