Warhammer FB Mod

What race do you play in Warhammer FB? (you can select more than one)

• I don't play

Votes: 117 22.8%
  • I play Warhammer 40k

Votes: 115 22.4%
  • I play Lord of The Rings

Votes: 30 5.8%
  • The Empire

Votes: 87 16.9%
  • Brettonia

Votes: 53 10.3%
  • Orcs and Goblins

Votes: 64 12.5%
  • Dogs of War

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • High Elves

Votes: 71 13.8%
  • Dark Elves

Votes: 54 10.5%
  • Wood Elves

Votes: 46 8.9%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 74 14.4%
  • Chaos Dwarves

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Lizardmen

Votes: 49 9.5%
  • Beasts of Chaos

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Hordes of Chaos

Votes: 45 8.8%
  • Skaven

Votes: 62 12.1%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Tomb Kings

Votes: 44 8.6%
  • Vampire Counts

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
The basic idea was already posted see here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3834454&postcount=53

to specifie more:

the AI should check for available units related to the four chaosreligions the Mod will have. releasing a small bunch of demoncreatures(which are supposed to be religious units as far as I know) now and then on a random spot on the map(this should include player territory :evil:). Everytime spawn is released the AI should check for the religiontype(doesn't make sense to release demons of different religions at once). which religion's special units are released should be related to the strengh of the religion in the game. A religion should get a higher chance to create chaosspawn the more followers there are for it(of course zero chance if it wasn't founded yet). The unit's strengh should also be related to the era(for balancing issues).

How often spawn is created shouldn't only be related to the religions strengh but also to the amount of warpstone that's used in the game by all players.
Though it may be a good idea also to relate the spot where spawn pops up to where most warpstone is used (but I'm not sure about cause skaven use a lot of it in WH and are usually affected differently by it i.e., also players who don't use it at all shouldn't be totally safe but maybe safer than others, it's chaos after all).

As said before the spawn shouldn't be controlled by any player. Earlier I posted that chaosplayers should be safe from being attacked by chaosspawn. but this could be relativated also to the statereligion so that the spawn is hostile to any player who doesn't follow that specific type of chaosreligion.

At last: anyone who has more ideas about this subject is as allways invited to give further comments about it;) and sorry for my bad english

Ploeperpengel said:
At last: anyone who has more ideas about this subject is as allways invited to give further comments about it;) and sorry for my bad english

Also, not just Deamons, but Beastmen and monsters(to represent the mutations caused by the the influence of magic) Also, I think even Chaos civ's shouldn't be safe from these mauraders-I mean they're Chaos, they battle each other too.

But since none of those units (except a coupla monsters :D) are made yet, go for a more general approach. Have various factors (religion civic, Chaos religion spread, number of warpstone mines, I'll add a few buildings later as well, like Wizard's Lab or something) increase the chances of a spawning of a random unit or group of units inside of a civ's boundries.

Could you also try and make it modifiable through an ini file? (Look at Lopez's works) Just to make it easier to change, for example, the list of units who can be randomly spawned, some of the groups that might spawn, buildings and other influences.

The more I think about this, the cooler it gets...

J_Period said:
Also, I think even Chaos civ's shouldn't be safe from these mauraders-I mean they're Chaos, they battle each other too.

Yes exactly, just let those be safe who follow the same religion. and about demons I don't worry. We saw a troll today we'll see demons tomorrow;)
otherwise we could use placeholders like the Meshabber in FFH I suppose.

J_Period said:
Also, not just Deamons, but Beastmen and monsters(to represent the mutations caused by the the influence of magic) Also, I think even Chaos civ's shouldn't be safe from these mauraders-I mean they're Chaos, they battle each other too.

But since none of those units (except a coupla monsters :D) are made yet, go for a more general approach. Have various factors (religion civic, Chaos religion spread, number of warpstone mines, I'll add a few buildings later as well, like Wizard's Lab or something) increase the chances of a spawning of a random unit or group of units inside of a civ's boundries.

Could you also try and make it modifiable through an ini file? (Look at Lopez's works) Just to make it easier to change, for example, the list of units who can be randomly spawned, some of the groups that might spawn, buildings and other influences.

The more I think about this, the cooler it gets...

Well i will do Beastman and Chaos Marauders i think! and perhaps some other chaos things, they are fun and not soo hard to do (and i can attach many details to their skins!) but well, i will have to see what looks good with actuall models, perhaps i will wait with the rest for new stuff to be produced by those nice guys out there. So we will have some chaos stuff in the next release for sure! ok shouldnt forget about the empire ;)
But i like this Idea with the chaos spawns, but for real demons we need real models...
And well, i dont like that dragon mode, you wrote in your PM.l

Oh i noticed that Rabbit did a californio for SoCialan, i will grap the head and make your freelancing knighs soon.
Will do a unit here and there, dont have time for such a "session" like i did with these units i produced here. Btw, i dont have any info about the other civs, i mean estalia, ind, nippon, cathay and so on, dont know how their units should look like. (i mean, like the light knight, it is easy to do slitely different versions for all the civs.)

Ploeperpengel said:
Thanks to Notarzt for the beard! It's so beautiful!

poste den zum download!!!

well now we got a real dwarf, well here we go!!!!!!
Ploeper, now you could try around and add the axe to the Dwarf, so we got a slayer ;)

k np.
The reason thos civs are the generic civs is because we don't really have much info on them either ;) They are really just mentioned in passing and put on the map.

If you cant to do some rekins for them, basically base them the on corresponding real civilizations that they are based on. (how many bases did I use in that sentance? all of your bases are belinging to us! oh man I'm tired)

Araby: Arabia
Estalia: Spain
Ind: India
Nippon: Japan
Cathay: China/Korea/Thailand/Vietnam (it encorperates parts of all of them)
Norse: Norway, Sweden, etc...
Kislev: Russia/Poland

But, I have come up with some units that they could use. (This isn't a list of things I want you to do, just a list to fuel your imagination. If you think you want to do something, do it)

Araby: Camel Rider, Djinn (aka genie)
Nippon: Ninja! Samurai on horseback
Cathay: All sorts of awesome stuff actually, there's an article on a converted Brettonian to Chathaneese force here
(pretty pictures...)
Sky rockets, Warrior Monks (kung fu guys in orange robes!)

Norse: Were-Bears
Kislev: Polar bear-rider!
Kossars, The Griffon Legion

Still We musn't neglect the fantasy races too! After Tilea, I want to do the Elves! (High, Wood, and Dark) Maybe Orcs and Goblins soon too. So keep an eye out for bolt throwers! But like I've said before, anything that is made, but can't be used right away becomes a mercenary. So, skeletons, chaos, etc.. are all good too.

seZereth said:
poste den zum download!!!

well now we got a real dwarf, well here we go!!!!!!
Ploeper, now you could try around and add the axe to the Dwarf, so we got a slayer ;)

It's in your mailbox! about the axe I'm not sure. Last time I tried that it looked quite weird. the beard was easier.

J_Period said:
oh wow sweet a dwarf! I hate to be critical, but is it possible to make the beard larger and more encompassing? As large as their whole body, see?

Not for me but maybe for seZereth. Also Notarzt said he will make other(longer) beards as soon he gets to missionaries for TAM. Hope this will be soon!

Ok I have the Basic Outline and Mountains/Hills done for both a complete World Map and one of basically the Old World with Ulthuan, Araby and some Darklands. Keep in mind these have no terrain features like forest, plains or rivers but those are easily added. I need advice and/or someone who's knows about those things to either add them or tell me where.

I have several reference maps for the forest and rivers but nothing that tell me of plains and resources. Anyways with out further ado.......

Full World is 180x130 (is that Huge enough JP?)

And Old World is 125x95

Let me know what yall think and weather or not i need to resize them.... I can basically make any size we want so just let me Know. Once I have an Idea on the size I will start placing Rivers and forests. Hopefully someone can clue me in on plains and resources.

BTW this as of right now is using Vanilla CIV but don't worry as I will use the Mod once I start placing CIVs and Resources.

Great Job! Seems I won't be able to go to bed tonight. New units every five minutes and now a map. If it continues like this the Mod will be ready before sunrise:lol:
I think it's a cool idea to have various map sizes for any kind of system to play the Mod.

Ploeperpengel said:
Great Job! Seems I won't be able to go to bed tonight. New units every five minutes and now a map. If it continues like this the Mod will be ready before sunrise:lol:

I feel the same way. This has been the Golden Unit day. Now all we need are some better elven models, unless some get finished while I'm typing this. ;)

Wow, this has really really been a great day for the mod. We got a Griffon, a Manticore, a Unicorn and Pegusus (so they were yesterday, call it a great 24 hours), leaderheads, banners, a map, a Troll, dwarves, War Hounds, Chaos Knights, Orc Spearman...anything else I'm forgetting??? :eek:

Now it's time to spend the next few hours putting them all in the mod! I think I might put together a stable release just to include all these guys and the Tileans, but leave out spells and psychology (cuz they aren't quite done yet) to release for the testers this weekend.

@Nightravn- those maps look great! Certainly big enough for me...I'm not sure about the actual geography, but I know someone who I think has a map with all of the terrain features (I just remembered) let me ask him and I'll post it if it's so.

Aight time to mod!

J_Period said:
Wow, this has really really been a great day for the mod. We got a Griffon, a Manticore, a Unicorn and Pegusus (so they were yesterday, call it a great 24 hours), leaderheads, banners, a map, a Troll, dwarves, War Hounds, Chaos Knights, Orc Spearman...anything else I'm forgetting??? :eek:

Aight time to mod!

You forgot the other cavalry by SZ and two norse barbs(there's a vikingberserker also posted);)

Time to make the rest of the flags for me then. You don't wan't to release without the tilean flag don't you?

Dang I thought I was doing so well... yeah them too!! (I'm so hyped...)

Heh, little amusing story that probably only native English speakers will understand. (sorry to, well most of you guys)

So, I save my PM's to my desktop every coupla days before I delete them (70 messages just isn't enough! I use it a lot...) Any my desktop is getting way full- I'm not very organized with it, see:
(I save everything to desktop and then forget to organize)

So I decide to do a little organizing and put all of my PM's into their own folder...well I also have a habit of capitalizing folder names and forgetting punctiuation...

Then my girlfriend comes to use my computer for a bit. She asks me "Why do you have a folder named PMS?" :lol: I've renamed the folder PM's, but it isn't much better...

well, like I said only for the English natives... (as a side note, there's a school around here called Powell Middle School. First day of school every day "Welcome to PMS, I hope you enjoy your first period" :lol: I couldn't make this up if I tried...)

For non english speakers here's the joke: PMS is short for Pre Menstral Syndrome, the *****y mood girls get into each month before their period... (edit: oops, damn ****ing censor :D) (edit2: you can say damn but not *****y?? damn damn damn)

:lol: :lol: that's to Funny.... "Welcome to PMS, I hope you enjoy your first period"

Anywho that reference map would be great and BTW it is a very bad idea to save anything to the desktop other than shortcuts.

Oh yeah I forgot Ploe, I found this:
as the tilean flag from an old white dwarf.

Think you can do something with it? I want some blue in there 'cuz that's their color in the mod (maybe some red and blue stripes w/the lady's head and the swords- the X-bow is there just because it's a crossbow unit)

and seZ- I know you've done a lot of Empire units, but I just came across this:
in my old Empire book. Some soldiers in their Provincial Uniforms. If you're still working on Imperials, I thought it might help...except don't do the archer in the baker's outfit! Well, maybe for the Bretonnians :lol:

edit: @Ploe ROFL, I just read what you named the Stegadon Button...
edit2: YEAH 100 posts on this thread!!! I got #100!!

Top Bottom