Warlord: Alexander the Great bugfix

Qwan

Warlord
Warlords version 2.13
I looked for any info on this bug, but didn't find it, so I fixed it myself.
The Alexander the Great mod has a bug where, when Alexander is promoted to a new level the first time, you automatically switch civics and get a pop-up message. After that, you have to notice, and manually switch with a turn of anarchy.

The problem is in the file CvAlexanderEventManager.py (in Mods/Alexander the Great/Assests/Python). On line 113, it checks for self.getAlexanderLevel() > 8 and getAlexanderLevel() <13. The typo is that it should be self.getAlexanderLevel() both times.

Fixing this brings up another error, where the pop-up just displays TXT_KEY_ATG_POP_UP_TITLE_UPGRADE_BRAVE. The problem is in the file .../Assets/Text/AlexanderGameTextInfos.xml, where the TXT_KEY_ATG_POP_UP_TITLE_UPGRADE_GREAT identifier is used twice. The first one is really _BRAVE (read the text).

Warlords version 2.13

The problem is in the file CvAlexanderEventManager.py (in Mods/Alexander the Great/Assests/Python). On line 113, it checks for self.getAlexanderLevel() > 8 and getAlexanderLevel() <13. The typo is that it should be self.getAlexanderLevel() both times.

There is a further problem with this file (hit after playing on). Alexander the Brave works, but Alexander the Amazing doesn't quite work -- you get the message, but not the civic change. This is because the line after the check for self.getAlexanderLevel()>12 and self.getAlexanderLevel()<15 is missing the "not" after the "if". I don't know whether the next paragraph for Alexander the Great works as written (haven't played that far yet), but to be parallel with the rest, it is also missing the "not" after the same "if", and then the 2nd ATG_CIVIC_GREAT title setting seems redundant.

Top Bottom