Warlord- Egyption succession Game

I would chose Japan then France then Russia in the order of the apperance of their UU.
However its for LayZMan to decide... he is King now.;) :D

Man, considering our city defenses war isn't an option. And if we're gonna be warmonger, stick to Despotism or Monarchy (I like Despotism myself). Anyway, until we build city defenses, war is out the question on my turn (a warrior, you guys wanna go to war w/ the best defensive unit in a city being a warrior? The Japanese got horses, those cities wouldn't have a prayer). Anyways, I'll do my turns tonight and post. I'll also probably switch from Monarchy to Currency or Construction (that way if we go to war we can use the foreigners to build temples).

imo we should wait until we have taken all the territory we want. Or at least until we get sun tzus. Free barracks in all cities. Even the ones we capture. :D Could help when we have units low on hp.

I tried to get at least 1 spearman in each city on my turn. I suggest we try to have at least 2 in every city. Preferably more in the border cities.

I don't think we need 2 spearmen in every city, we can just put 2 or 3 spearman on a hill or a mountain near the civ we are attacking and I do think we should wait a while too, just to get a bigger army. If we attack real fast they wouldn't even be able to attack back, unless if they get a militiray alliance against us, so that's why we need to upgrade our defenders.

But that is for the person who is playing to decide, :)

Hey, Sman. If you ever doubted a need for 2 spearmen in each city, read this timeline :lol: . Anyhow, overall just a ho-hum infrastructure turn, but 10 got robbed SEVERELY towards the end and 2) noticed some AI bullshucks going down.

The Line

10 AD
-Memphis' Library

70 AD
-El-Amarna's temple
-Abydos' temple

90 AD
-Iroquois beats us to the Great Library by 9 turns
-Bought Currency from Iroqouis for World Map + 130 gold
-Rushed Abydos Barrack

110 AD
-Changes Thebes to Market
-Rushed El-Amarna barrack
-Avaris founded

150 AD
-French complete Colosssus

170 AD
-Romans demand territory map and 38 gold. Considering the current state of our military, I wasn't going to risk Legions marching on our territory.
-Memphis' Barrack

190 AD
-Elephantine Library
-Hieraconpolis' temple

210 AD
-Heliopolis barrack
-Pi-Rameses barrack

230 AD
-Monarchy discovered
-Lisht founded

250 AD
-20+ barb horseman stack appears near planned city :eek: :eek: :eek:

260 AD
-Buto Founded
-Barbs raid Buto, treasury down to 125 gold
-Another 20+ horseman stack appears near Avaris :mad:

270 AD
-Avaris raided, treasury down to 47 gold

280 AD
-Traded Monarchy to Romans for 117 gold and World map
-Traded Monarchy to China for 107 gold
-Traded Monarchy to Aztecs for 95 gold + 3gold/turn
-Traded Monarchy, World Map, +20 gold to Persians for Monotheism
(Here's where AI bullshucks occurs, I trade Monarchy to Romans, then some of the other Civs that I was offering to initially all a sudden have Monarchy and less dough ON OUR TURN!!!!!:mad: !!!! WTF???)

Notes-There should be a spearman on goto to Buto. Not a whole lot going on, still build defense. You guys can have your revolution if you like, still prefer Despotism though since we get 4 unit support regardless of city size.

Are u sure the other civs didn't already have monarchy? Otherwise, did any of you use an autosave? If you did, the comp civ could be trading on OUR turn. :(

Pity we didn't get the gl, and seeing as we had no other wonder, we lose all those shields. :( :( :( :(

Note: I say we try for the great wall next. The bonus against barbs is going to help.

Good luck Sman! I think you're going to need it with those 20+ horseman stacks around.

Originally posted by Thrawn
Are u sure the other civs didn't already have monarchy? Otherwise, did any of you use an autosave? If you did, the comp civ could be trading on OUR turn. :(

I know for a fact the Americans didn't have it before because they had 188 gold before I dealt the Romans Monarchy. To my knowledge, we were the only civ w/ Monarchy before I dealt it to the Romans (the Russians had just under 300 gold at the time, think they're over now AND have Monarchy).

I know I didn't use the autosave - I hate it when the AI trades on my turn so I'm very careful never to use it!

20+ horseman :eek:, well I will be doing my best and I guess we do need more than one spearman per city, so I will try to do my best, but I have a concussion right now..lol... I'll be playing tommorow, maybe tonight if I'm feeling better.

:hammer: Hope your concussion gets better sman, and good luck again, I think we'll need all the help we can get to defeat those horseman.

i was reading the posts and heard of the 20+ horseman stack. hope u make it through. *tip* if u go to war with someone who has a tech u dont and u capture a city, u get that tech. cause i was playing warlord as the americans and the japs had enginerring, theology, feudalism and chivalry and i captured a city. when i did my advisor popped up 4 times and said i had discovered the 4 techs from the japs. so consider going to war a benefit sometimes.:D ;)

The horsemen are gone. When a barbarian successfully raids a city, they take a certain amount of gold, then disappear. However, the camps they came out of might still be around.

I have some bad news. I'm moving so I'm loosing my internet for a while, I guess I can't play any more. Good luck guys.

Sucks man. Good luck to ya whereever you're headed.

Thrawn, you're up.

Before I started my turn, I bumped sci up to 80%, now running at -1 deficit, Feudalism due in 13 turns. I note the HUGE mountain range,(the big grey bit on the map), and decide to ignore the 3 civs down there for now. It'd take them a while to get a decent sized force thru those mountains anyway. :)

300AD
- The russians want our world map + 100 gold for their world map, I change the deal, and sell our world map for 20 gold.
-1 barb horseman appears near buto.
-Note there is lots of roads, but most of them don't have anything else on them. ?? Decide to rememdy this. Then I note we don't have enough workers. WE NEED MORE WORKERS!!!!!!! ;)
-Switch cities building barracks to courthouses. I plan on getting sun tzus, so those barracks won't be needed. :D
-The hanging gardens in thebes I consider a placeholder for sun tzus. It'll give us a headstart on the wonder, and thebes needs cathedrals, etc, to help its unhappiness. Or, when we get sun tzus there, start pumping out workers. :D

310AD
-Buto ransacked, lose 24 gold.
-Worker Movement

320AD
-Another barb horse near buto.
-Sell everyone our world map. Apart from 2 gpt from France, and 1gpt from the Chinese, we didn't get much. The odd territory map, and some gold.
-Worker Movement

330AD
-The americans demand our territory map and 43 gold. I accept, as we are NO position for a war.
-Buto ransacked again, 31 gold.
-Most civs are now building the hanging gardens, 2 or 3 are building the great wall.
-More worker movement.

340AD
-Wake the swordsman at Byblos, send it on goto towards Butos. Then I note the barb camp has been disbanded by a zulu swordsman.

I decide to end my turns here, as its taking a couple of mins between turns. I may pull out later, this celeron 433 only just handles my standard map games. :( Don't know how it will do on a huge map.

We are first on the histograph by 6 points! :king:

Note to charlihoke, and the players after him. GET LOTS MORE WORKERS!!!!!!!!!!! ;) We don't have nearly enough. :( Imo we should use Thebes to pump them out once it finishes whatever wonder it finishes. I suggest switch to sun tzus once research on feudalism is finished. With this being a pangaea map, I rate it a higher 'get' ;) rate than the hanging gardens.

Also, use a city with a decent production rate, and a barracks to pump out military. Spearman for now. It would be nice to have at least 2 in every city. Thats about all I can think of right now.

I will post later today - Sorry about the delay - for some reason the auto email wasn't working:mad:

I have to apologize - I was only able to take 10 turns. Even though we are ahead in the histograph, we've got our work cut out for us.

A quick note about the seeming lack of workers - I noticed that many workers are involved improving around cities that don't need it - several cities had way more than 12 improved squares around them, so using our workers on those cities is completely wasted effort until much later in the game when hospitals become available. So, we were doing ok on workers if we just move them to where they are needed.

We must go to war, and soon. All the other civs are still in heavy expansion mode, and based on what our cities were building when I got the game I took it that we weren't. We must attack, or we are going to get swallowed up. I started building some horsemen, and we will get Sun Tzu's and Chivalry soon, as soon as we do I think we should attack. My vote is Japan.
:die!:

Anyway, here it is:

330 AD - Preturn: I don't understand why were are still in Despotism. It doesn't look like we have been whipping, and we are religious. I immediately order a revolution! The advisors refer to me as "Revolutionary"! Cool... :cool:

340 AD: The Indians want us to give them 150 gold for their world map - while I would like to see it, I decline for obvious reasons. Some disorder under Anarchy..

350 AD: Monarchy! We are making a lot more money and food now! All hail the King! :king:

360 AD: The people expand the palace... LOL we are going Oriental! :D I guess the people like monarchy!

370 AD: Trade route completed with Japan. They have no iron!! We should seriously attack these guys! Unfortunately, they also have nothing to trade us.

380 AD: The AI's are still in expand mode. No less than 7 settlers of various nationalities running around. Starting to build a few horses that we can upgrade to knights soon.

390 AD: Using workers to bring irrigation to our outlying cities.

400 AD: More workers are attempting to build roads to our luxuries in the south.

410 AD: France DEMANDS Monarchy. I capitulate since they are the only ones who don't have it so far and we can't go to war. YET. :rocket2:

420 AD: The damned French plop down a city right in the middle of our territory! They may have just earned top spot on the list of civs to kill! Feudalism discovered, and we switch to Sun Tzu's, and begin research on Chivalry. Try not o give Feudalism to anyone. If you decide to, make sure to sell it to Iroquois first since they have the GL.

430 AD: They Japanese want Feudalism - we decline but give them a gift of ivory to keep them happy.

440 AD: Big happenings! :eek: It seems EVERYONE wants Feudalism, and the Zulu's declare WAR when we don't give it to them! They are far away so it shouldn't matter... but still annoying.

Good luck to whoever's next. Remember upgrade horses and attack once we get chivalry!

Top Bottom