F-15
F-111
B-1B
B-2
B-52
AC-130 gunship?

its ok if most of these units are not in the mod but if they are

WOO HOO

also for some reason ive always wanted to see a trooptruck that can carry infantry

well get back to me with a personal message about the units i have mentioned
i know that it be a lot of work

but this mod looks so amazing
that the units or at least some of them i have mentioned would make it the best one i have seen sence civ 3

US Units included:

WW1:
SPAD XIII (New)
M1917 (US copy Renault FT17)

WW2:
M8 Greyhound Armred Car
M3 Stuart Light Tank
M4 Sherman Medium Tank
M26 Pershing Heavy Tank
M3 Halftrack
M7B1 Priest Tracked Artillery
US Infantry
US AT-Infantry
US Marine
US Paratrooper
P51D Mustang
P47 Thunderbolt
B17 Flying Fortress
C47 Dakoda Transport
J2F Duck Seaplane

Cold War/Modern
UH1 Huey
AH64 Apache
CH47 Chinook
M60 Patton
M1A1 Abrams
M113 APC
M2A3 Braddley
Striker
HMMWV (Humvee)
US Modern Infantry
US Modern Paratrooper
F15C Eagle
F16 Fighting Falcon
F/A18E Super Hornet
F4 Phantom II
C130 Hercules
B52H Stratofortress
A10 Thunderbolt II
F22 Raptor

I don't think I missed anything. The US Military is DEFINITELY represented in BWM.

sweet

the huey would be a nice addition to the modern us arsenal

cause the marines still use it

as does teh army just not in vast number like durring the vietnam war

but great unit list

what ships are there or is that still being worked out?
also a nuclear standoff missile carried by the B52 would be cool
but then u would have to make 2 differant forms of the plane

one with a subs missile carry ability
and one with regular bomb capability

but awsome mod

cant wait till its done

and thank you

Hi somewhat new poster here. I just recently got BTS and wanted to extend its age a bit and snooping around in forums found that your mod looks like just what I was looking for. Second let me congratulate about release of your mod snafusmith and praise you about the effort you have invested in it.:)

I do have few questions and suggestions. First How far are you going with future weapons systems, mechs and hovercrafts? If your open for suggestions then id like to add few unit suggestions for that era. Some of ideas have already implemented game like Act of War: High Treason rather well and not making it to futuristic or overkill. Future Force Warrior project could unlock the Optical-Camo soldiers for example. I found them rather interesting armed with XM29 and using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage they make nice good infiltration troops for later eras. As for tanks maybe return of the classic mammoth tank or its advanced counterpart Akula stealth tank. Most of these techs could make nice stepping stone to walkers, exoskeletons and advanced drones. Hope this dosent sound like fanboyism and some of the info is actually usable.
Linkt to Act of War Wiki site for some detailed unit descriptions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_War:_Direct_Action.

Second different payloads for tactical missiles neutron, air-fuel & EMP warheads. EMP would cause city hit have anarchy for certain rounds. Neutron dosent destroy tile improvements, buildings and 0 pollution, but should cause other civs become more irritated with the civ who used it. Not sure about air-fuel one less pollutive then tac nuke?

I would like to know if you are going to add some different missile units with different warheads. For example, a bio-war missile should have warheads that destroy city population and warheads that destroy units. Guided missiles should have an explosive warhead(Standard), an air-burst(Anti-Infantry) warhead, a bunker-buster(Anti-building), a Ship-Killer(Anti-Ship), and a Armor-Pircing(Anti-Tank). Also, The Tac Nuke should come in large(Regular) and Tactical(Less powerful, but not pollutive. Another thing, can you plese NOT include ANY FUTURE units like mechs or that sort of thing. They will kill the mod. It is really good, but i do not think that it should have Next-War style units or anything of that type. If you want to include them, make a copy mod with them in it and a regular mod without them.

well the us military has been working on a active cammo of sorts for tanks
but i only herd it mentioned a few times

the land warrrior soldier for us military would be nice

but as for mechs

well a tank can own a mech in my book any day

they can move and fire faster than mechs and are not nuclear powered
so a tank or group of tanks could take out a mech by blowing its legs off

end of story

keep it real world

there are plenty of nasty things in real life to put in the mod

Well I was mostly thinking walkers, similar to one PAC T39 Bogatyr in Battlefield 2142 the one snafusmith showed. Crusader No Remorse/Regret had also few good concepts. Robocop had Ed-209(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kWgcIlWn0) you know this could make some funny random events, like due the buggy software the combat drones went brezerk. :D But I see what you mean about Mechs I agree on that.

@USPatriot07 -
I forgot the UH1 Huey on my list, it represents the Utility Helicopter class for the US.

As for the future era - It's really unplanned at this point, so all of your ideas really help. I have a basic tech tree scetched out, but that's about it.

Right now the time table for BMW release looks something like this:

0-2 Weeks: Initial release of BMW beta. Includes only new techs, unit classes and minor changes to bring the mod up to the level of MW1.20 w/o any unique unit art.

2-5 Weeks: Full release of BMW. Includes fixes from beta and unique unit/civ art.

5-12 Weeks: BMW with at least 1 additional future era. Era to include new techs, buildings, civics, improvements and units. Additional unique unit art and updates also included.

So as you can see, we have pleanty of time. If those of you are really interested in helping out with ideas and such, feel free to shoot me a PM, or just post them here. I'm always open to people joining the team if your willing to involve yourself enough.

What I'm looking for is a rough breakout of the future era, including possible tech advances, unit classes (w/ abilities), civics, improvements, whatever. Don't worry about any art that would have to be created, I can handle that. The more detailed your ideas the better. Try and stay away from general comments like 'include XXX unit, it's cool.' For example, if you think XXX unit would be cool, explain why, how they should be used, and when they would become available.

Thanks again for all your support. With relatively few exceptions, MW/BMW is my pet project, and I've spent countless hours working on it and other CIV related work. It's always good to know all that time is appreciated.

-Smitty

I would like to know if you are going to add some different missile units with different warheads. For example, a bio-war missile should have warheads that destroy city population and warheads that destroy units. Guided missiles should have an explosive warhead(Standard), an air-burst(Anti-Infantry) warhead, a bunker-buster(Anti-building), a Ship-Killer(Anti-Ship), and a Armor-Pircing(Anti-Tank). Also, The Tac Nuke should come in large(Regular) and Tactical(Less powerful, but not pollutive. Another thing, can you plese NOT include ANY FUTURE units like mechs or that sort of thing. They will kill the mod. It is really good, but i do not think that it should have Next-War style units or anything of that type. If you want to include them, make a copy mod with them in it and a regular mod without them.

What about new/upgraded missile units? Add could you power up paratroopers?

Thanks. What about ABM/AGEIS upgrades for ships and land units? Maybe ABM Batteries as a build ing for cities? How about SSBM Subs that can hold ICBMs?

Also, will you please not include future units in the mod but add them in a seperate mod?

What about ABM/AGEIS upgrades for ships and land units? Maybe ABM Batteries as a build ing for cities? How about SSBM Subs that can hold ICBMs?

There will be missile cruisers (AEGIS), as well as SSBN subs just like their were in MW1.20. I'm working on a 'SAM site' unit that can be built to protect cities, but cannot be moved (stationary).

Also, will you please not include future units in the mod but add them in a seperate mod?

I definitely agree that there should be a way to limit the era you can play to - some games it's not fun to play all the way to the end. If there doesn't become a way to do that through the SDK/python, then the future addition will be a separate add-on for those that want it.

There will be missile cruisers (AEGIS), as well as SSBN subs just like their were in MW1.20. I'm working on a 'SAM site' unit that can be built to protect cities, but cannot be moved (stationary).

I definitely agree that there should be a way to limit the era you can play to - some games it's not fun to play all the way to the end. If there doesn't become a way to do that through the SDK/python, then the future addition will be a separate add-on for those that want it.

Thanks, I feel that era limiting is important and I am relived that you do to. I would also like to thank you for the listening to my SAM/AEGIS suggestions, but I have not gotten a straight answer to the different "flavors" of missile units.

By the way, can you add a WWII-era version of "Motorized Infantry" that uses the Willys Jeep Unit and similar units?

Hi,I'm guessing this is probably a dumb question but are there any modern scenarios for this mod with like Europe or a World map? I downloaded the mod fine, and it seems to work, but i can't find any scenarios and i'd like to jump right into the contemporary world without going via ancient times - especially so that all countries are where they are supposed to be...

Am i missing something here?

Hi,I'm guessing this is probably a dumb question but are there any modern scenarios for this mod with like Europe or a World map? I downloaded the mod fine, and it seems to work, but i can't find any scenarios and i'd like to jump right into the contemporary world without going via ancient times - especially so that all countries are where they are supposed to be...

Am i missing something here?

Nope, you're not missing anything. There are no scenarios for this mod yet. There will be a basic one with the release of Beyond Modern Warfare, but that won't be for a while longer. Halo 3 is far more important than Civ4 right now.

Are theswe just skins or does units have new abilitys?

Thanks, I feel that era limiting is important and I am relived that you do to. I would also like to thank you for the listening to my SAM/AEGIS suggestions, but I have not gotten a straight answer to the different "flavors" of missile units.

By the way, can you add a WWII-era version of "Motorized Infantry" that uses the Willys Jeep Unit and similar units?

Any answer on the Jeep or My missile concept?

Also, if you have released a beta version of BMW, where can I download it?

One thing I love to do in all my games is role play the Carrier Task Force. And every task force needs its compliment of marines. Unfortunately all we've had to use is the generic transport.

What I'd like to see is an Amphibious Assault Ship. Basically a well armored transport that can defend itself but only carry about 2 units. The San Antonio Class Amphibious transport dock is a great example.

I'd love for there to be a way to implement the Wasp Class ship which carries a squadron of harriers or the new F-35 variant as well as a full compliment of helicopters, landing craft, armor, and marines. However, as far as I know there is no way to allow a unit to carry both air and land units. As a substitute, it would make a good larger, stronger transport.

While I'm at it, I'll also propose an upgraded Marine unit, the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. Its a new amphibious APC slated to begin duty in 2015.

Hey guys,

been playing this mod a lot and am really enjoying it. But i'm getting a bug that's coming up farily regularly and i wanted to see if anyone else had heard of it.

Sometimes late in the game when i go to end turn it tells me "waiting for other civilizations" and then simply hangs. I can move the screen around (unlike normally when you're waiting for other civs) but i can't enter any cities or click on anything. And the game freezes at this point until i either ctrl-alt-dlt or reboot. When ever i reload my last save it crashes on the same year. Once, however, i reloaded several years back and the troublesome year went by fine before the crash happened again many years later. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips?

Thanks!

Top Bottom