[Warlords] Modern Warfare Mod

Hey guys,

been playing this mod a lot and am really enjoying it. But i'm getting a bug that's coming up farily regularly and i wanted to see if anyone else had heard of it.

Sometimes late in the game when i go to end turn it tells me "waiting for other civilizations" and then simply hangs. I can move the screen around (unlike normally when you're waiting for other civs) but i can't enter any cities or click on anything. And the game freezes at this point until i either ctrl-alt-dlt or reboot. When ever i reload my last save it crashes on the same year. Once, however, i reloaded several years back and the troublesome year went by fine before the crash happened again many years later. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips?

Thanks!

I've heard of this happening, but I've never encountered it with Modern Warfare. The game does slow down towards the end, and I ususally just rebot to help clear the cache to keep things moving quickly. Luckilly, Beyond Modern Warfare is showing to run smoother - so once that's out (if you have BtS) you'll likely not see this problem.

On the subject of BMW, here are some unit previews to help the wait ;)

You might think that's a lot, but there's more. I'm in the process of revising nearly all of my earlier modern units. I've finished completely re-doing the HUMVEE, and I've started re-modeling/skinning/animating the Leopard 1, BMP-2, BRDM, M113. I've also started work on the Swedish CV9040 and German Marder 1A3. All of them will be to my new (higher) standard.

-Smitty

They are all beautiful - it's amazing amount of great units.
You're legend amongst civ4 artists :king:
Thank you for your work for community

hey guys i have some ideas about some new units that you might be interested in...
i noticed that theres a blind spot between the wwII units and the modern units so...
armored tank-M48A5
recon vehicle-VBL-PANHARD
modile artillery-PzH2000[panzer2000]
mobile artillery-M109A6 PALLADIN
multiple rocket launcher-M270 MLRS
multiple rocket launcher-RM70
short range defence system[A/A]- Osa-ak[sa8]
short range defence system[A/A]-TOR-M1
long range defence system[A/A]-Patriot pac3
long range defence system[A/A]-S300
combat aircraft-F4phantom
short range defence system[A/A]-ADATS
short range defence system[A/A]-Crotale NG
short range defence system[A/A]-Javelin
aircraft-A7
combat aircraft-F104 starfighter
transport aircraft-C27J spartan
Submarine-type214[from germany]
DDG-CHARLES F. ADAMS
Landing craft[air-cushion]-Zubr
short range defence system[A/A]-Rapier
FFG-OLIVER HAZARD PERRY
FF-MEKO 200
transport aircraft-CN235
light tanks-M551 SHERIDAN
armored personel carrier-STRYKER
SSN-LOS ANGELES
CG-TICONDEROGA
DDG-ARLEIGH BURKE
DD-SPRUANCE
aircraft-A6 INTRUDER
aircraft-F14 TOMCAT
helicopters-SA342 GAZELLE
aircraft-MIRAGE F1
DD-GEORGES LEYGUES
FF-LA FAYETTE
aircraft-JAGUAR
armored personel carrier-WARRIOR
armored tank-C-2 ARIETE
attack helicopter-MANGUSTA
finaly what i never liked was the idea that my cities were unprotected[in case my ships were far away]from my enemy's navy...so i think it would be quite usefful if coastal cities could built a coast defence system [like mm40 exocet-Penguin-Harpoon...or something like that]

I've heard of this happening, but I've never encountered it with Modern Warfare. The game does slow down towards the end, and I ususally just rebot to help clear the cache to keep things moving quickly. Luckilly, Beyond Modern Warfare is showing to run smoother - so once that's out (if you have BtS) you'll likely not see this problem.

On the subject of BMW, here are some unit previews to help the wait ;)

You might think that's a lot, but there's more. I'm in the process of revising nearly all of my earlier modern units. I've finished completely re-doing the HUMVEE, and I've started re-modeling/skinning/animating the Leopard 1, BMP-2, BRDM, M113. I've also started work on the Swedish CV9040 and German Marder 1A3. All of them will be to my new (higher) standard.

-Smitty

Nice units

The release was only days away, until BtS 3.13 came out -- now it'll take a while. I'm also thinking about dropping the mod, units have always been my thing more than modding. We'll see.

The release was only days away, until BtS 3.13 came out -- now it'll take a while. I'm also thinking about dropping the mod, units have always been my thing more than modding. We'll see.

I guess we'll all be more than happy if you release your units (independent of whether you make a mod or not!)
Can't wait!!! :goodjob:

Wow... just Wow Snafu... I hope you do consider releasing those great new/revised units independantly of the BMW mod... especially if it's going to be a while before we see BMW.

Those units would be great for a lot of folks to be able to use!

Great unit work Snafu... hope to see them soon (has anyone even released French Modern tanks prior to this?).

Wow... just Wow Snafu... I hope you do consider releasing those great new/revised units independantly of the BMW mod... especially if it's going to be a while before we see BMW.

Those units would be great for a lot of folks to be able to use!

Great unit work Snafu... hope to see them soon (has anyone even released French Modern tanks prior to this?).

If it comes to the point where BMW is to far out, I will release all of the units that were created for it and Modern Warfare.

If it comes to the point where BMW is to far out, I will release all of the units that were created for it and Modern Warfare.
I think it's come to the point! (hehe... :crazyeye: )

Most of them will end up together in at least one mod in any case, irrespective of whether there will be a new BMW ;) (or even all of them Wolfshanze ?)

I second the release of the units separately from the next BMW release :D

Most of them will end up together in at least one mod in any case, irrespective of whether there will be a new BMW ;) (or even all of them Wolfshanze ?)

I second the release of the units separately from the next BMW release :D

Well I VETO that thought!! Because I'm a noob and don't know how to put those unit into a game myself :D

:spear:

Noobs have no veto rights, apart from that the fact that they do get released will result in them being included in other mods, so even noobs will benefit :)

You're all assuming I have time to work on the mod or posting units right now. I do have time to keep making units though ;) . I know the difference is small, but ...

You're all assuming I have time to work on the mod or posting units right now. I do have time to keep making units though ;) . I know the difference is small, but ...

Well then KEEP MAKING THEM:goodjob:

And we all can but pray that you'll find some time to upload them too;) :D

Sorry to dissapoint, but I wanted to make sure this was clear so people didn't feel like they were being strung along... Modern Warfare (and it's BtS sequel) are dead.

There are a lot of new mods that cover a lot of the same areas as MW and BMW, while I don't have time to support 2 mods. I do encourage someone to pick this project up if they want to, and they would have my full support with new graphics and anything I had already worked on before it ended.

I will eventually post all of the new units that were never released, when I get the chance.

RIP Modern Warfare

Sorry to dissapoint, but I wanted to make sure this was clear so people didn't feel like they were being strung along... Modern Warfare (and it's BtS sequel) are dead.

There are a lot of new mods that cover a lot of the same areas as MW and BMW, while I don't have time to support 2 mods. I do encourage someone to pick this project up if they want to, and they would have my full support with new graphics and anything I had already worked on before it ended.

I will eventually post all of the new units that were never released, when I get the chance.

RIP Modern Warfare

Sad news indeed :(

I've got more than a little inspiration from this mod when making a similar one.
If you're serious about your offer, I'd be more than happy to include any and all units you've done for it (the mod's this one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253499) - and of course give you the proper credit for all the hard work you've done.

avain

So instead of finishing on a sad news, how about some details about your new mod? Since it is supposed to include most / all of your new units, what is it like, is it more of an expanded MW or is it something different entirely ? ;)

I guess I now will also start focusing more on expanding the late game (it was bound to happen eventually, this just speeds it up) :)

Top Bottom