[We the People] Bug reporting

@Kendon , @Fürstbischof:

I just checked and found out that 3 of our old maps did not have text references for the descriptions they show during map selection.
So I did edit the maps to create those text references (in the Map files) pointing to XML.

The commit is just in branch "Lakes" though.
The Maps would not be compatible with branch "develop" and instantly crash.

However, these XML texts themselves still need to be written:

Map West Indies
TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_WEST_INDIES_DESC

Map New England:
TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_NEW_ENGLAND_DESC

Map North America
TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_NORTH_AMERICA_DESC

---------

As comparison to create these XML texts please look at this here:
TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_SOUTH_AMERICA_DESC

---------

Could you guys please take care of it?
Thanks in advance for supporting. :hug:

Read the colopedia concept page on automated transports. You might be using the numbers incorrectly. I wrote that page because people seem to assume it's limits for imports and exports. It's a bit more complex than that.

I´m still using version 2.9.
I think I remember that the bug had been reported before but just in case: A newline command in the middle of the help text when hovering above Import.
I had set that small colony to import wood up to 100.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-6-5_16-36-17.png

And when hovering about Feeder I´m not sure as the text is a bit small but can it be that the text is about MAINTAIN and written is Maintail?
Spoiler :

upload_2021-6-5_16-38-48.png

What is the "bottom spinbutton"?

In another colony that produces a surplus of wood I set wood to export
Spoiler :

upload_2021-6-5_16-43-14.png

The help text of the export seems wrong - When I have set nothing on the "import" line, then why should the "export" line state that up to the number on the left it will import and export if above? I would make sense only that if I set no import and 100 to export that the autotransport does nothing if below 100 and exports if 100+, like "do nothing as long as inventory is below this level, export if above".. The wagon train is set to automatic, just as two other wagon trains in 2 different colonies. I have checked that by trying to manually load something into the wagon trains - they automatically, immediately unload it again.

So - I would expect the automated wagon train to pick up wood from the surplus colony and transport it to the import colony (and the other two wagon trains to do the same with hemp and cotton in the colonies where they are located.

Attachments

• Johan Risingh AD-1554-September.ColonizationSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
The help text of the export seems wrong - When I have set nothing on the "import" line, then why should the "export" line state that up to the number on the left it will import and export if above?
:deal:
Read the colopedia concept page on automated transports.
It's actually explained there. It's the maintain level. It imports if there is fewer in the colony and exports if there are more. This is vanilla behavior and vanilla came with a single spin button.

The import limit is an addon, which sets the max top be dropped off if import is active. It does nothing to determine if import is active or not. The feature itself works, but the GUI don't because apparently people get confused and fail to use it properly.

:deal:

It's actually explained there. It's the maintain level. It imports if there is fewer in the colony and exports if there are more. This is vanilla behavior and vanilla came with a single spin button.

The import limit is an addon, which sets the max top be dropped off if import is active. It does nothing to determine if import is active or not. The feature itself works, but the GUI don't because apparently people get confused and fail to use it properly.

But I still fail to see how I would have used it wrong. I may have misunderstood the "maintain" level of 100 (expecting to do nothing below 100 and start exporting at 100+) but as the colony IS at above 100 wood since several turns, shouldn´t it start exporting using the automated transports?

That was intentionally changed be me.
"Chop Down" didn't make any sense for gameplay since you get only 2-4? times the lumber your lumberjack would produce in 1 turn. Since even burning down does not entirely destroy all trees there is still a certain amount of usable lumber left. That it takes more time is perfectly ok, taking the size of the area involved and also time spent for other pioneer actions into account.

I don't mind. It's not that important...

I can see your point, but 'chopping' is already so accepted across the civ universe, that changing it will only cause confusion :confused:

Last edited:
And the Foundig Father George Fox (religion) the text says crosses for all market buildings but not for the end Building statue of Governor

Last edited:
And the Foundig Father George Fox (religion) the text says crosses for all market buildings but not for the end Building statue of Governor
Thanks, this is now take care of. :thumbsup:
The bonus was in fact missing.
(The Trait of the Founding Father was adjusted / corrected.)

@Nightinggale:
I commited the correction to "Plains", but it should also be merged to "develop".
Could you please merge it?

@Kendon , @Fürstbischof
Could you guys give me an updated on this?
(I lost overview of all the small todos the last weekend and do not know if it is already taken care of.)

@ConjurerDragon , everything works for me. try to enable only Feeder for Import and Auto for Export, specifying the necessary numbers. Import / Export will work as soon as there are enough resources.

hi nightingale,

as I wrote in Discord channel:

"hi there, every 2 -3 turns we get a desync. Is there a way to avoid this? 2 x win 10 Wtp v2.9 via hamachi thank for your help"

I attached two savegames.

Thanks in advance & greetings from Berlin

Attachments

• Internet n. Chr.-1680-Juli.ColonizationSave
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • Internet n. Chr.-1680-Januar.ColonizationSave
    2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
In my current game I built a fishing boat at a city on a lake. Automating it did nothing, presumably because the sole fish bonus was within the city limit of an indian village. To not have the effort fully wasted I sent the fishing boat to that village in the intention of gifting it to the tribe. At that moment I noticed that the $ icon was active.

Are fishing boats supposed to be able to initiate trading with natives´or is that a bug?

@Kendon , @Fürstbischof
Could you guys give me an updated on this?
(I lost overview of all the small todos the last weekend and do not know if it is already taken care of.)

I can do it but it will be in a day or two. Things are busy enough I need a priority list. Which document in the Text folder has TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_SOUTH_AMERICA_DESC?

It might be in PrivateMaps but so far I haven't found body text in either of the two South America map files.

Last edited:
I can do it but it will be in a day or two.
Perfectly fine. :)
Just needed to know the status.

Which document in the Text folder has TXT_KEY_WORLDBUILDER_SOUTH_AMERICA_DESC?
Just do a Text Search in the folder "\...XML\Texts". :thumbsup:
-- All texts are in that folder --
(Using e.g. Notepad++)

Last edited:
Are fishing boats supposed to be able to initiate trading with natives´or is that a bug?
It is simply a fact that the currently can. :dunno:
They have Cargo Slots and every Unit with Cargo Slots can initiate Trade with Natives.

Edit:
I am actually not sure if we should forbid that though ...
Considering immersion I see no problem with that.

It is simply a fact that the currently can. :dunno:
They have Cargo Slots and every Unit with Cargo Slots can initiate Trade with Natives.

Edit:
I am actually not sure if we should forbid that though ...
Considering immersion I see no problem with that.

If a fishing boat instead of being a boat just for fishing, can go to trade with natives, then I suggest that it can found a mission in that village too. After all "fisher´s of men thou shalt be"... :mischief:

Well ok, I do not really care actually. :dunno:

I myself never use it for "Trading with Natives" ...
AI also never will, because the UnitAI of Fishing Boats is not told to do so.

If community really wants me to forbid it in DLL, that is easily done. :)

Summary:
Ok, you guys want it, you get it. :thumbsup:
(Generally all "Gather Ships" will not be allowed to Trade in Native Villages anymore.)

Edit:
It is implemented now. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom