[We the People] Bug reporting

Does "everything" working fine include the continental guard unit?
Actually the Continental Guard was in fact not working properly anymore due to the design of the graphic.
(It was also not related just to the resolution although that can also cause issues.)

For some reason the graphic had gotten 6 single Unit graphics after RaR. <--- Was not aware of that.
(Originally it had only 3 single Unit graphics, like most others.)

I now reduced it to 3 single Unit graphics again and selection works much better again.
It is definitely possible to select all Units around the CG again.
  • For me it is looking better / cleaner again. (The 6 Units was really overloaded.)
  • Selection works again. (It was really broken and surrounding Units could not be selected.)
Cause analysis:
Too many single Unit graphics combined in one Unit.
(6 is simply too much. 3 is about the limit that should be used.)

Summary:

Continental Guard Issue solved. :)
(It should work on almost all resolutions again.)

Small tip:
The safest most reliable way to select a Unit is to click on its flag.

See below:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I am not able to select the northern unit hiding behind the flag even if I cut the units down to a single one on my laptop (not on the lower resolutions either - only if I rotate the camera angle). I reduced the bounding spheres in the bone lists down to about a 10th of its sizes in Nifscope to get it to work, and now it works even with the whole continental deluxe crowd. But do bounding spheres serve any other purpose than unit selection area that could have gotten messed up?

Reactions: nci
I am not able to select the northern unit hiding behind the flag ...
It is possible if you select the flag of the northern unit behind the CG.
Just do not try to select the center of it. Try a bit and it works.

see here:
Small tip:
The safest most reliable way to select a Unit is to click on its flag.

-----------------

I reduced the bounding spheres in the bone lists down to about a 10th of its sizes in Nifscope to get it to work, ...
Great, that is probalby even better than what I did. :thumbsup:
Could you please attach it as a zip to this thread here?

But do bounding spheres serve any other purpose than unit selection area that could have gotten messed up?
I do not know. :dunno:

@MightyToad
Could you maybe answer that question for us?
Thanks in advance.

It is possible if you select the flag of the northern unit behind the CG...
No sir, I can't select any part of the northern, northwestern or western units, including any part of the flags when cut down to 2 riflemen and 1 flagbearer on any resolution.

Some of the flagbearer units in the attached zip are 20%, 5% or 8% of the original bounding sphere (from experiments on, I believe, the Dutch, Portuguese and Russians). A bit time-consuming to change all these values.

At 10% of original bounding sphere I have to click above the waist of the northern unit for it to work.

Attachments

• Continental_guard.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
@Ramstormp
Checked
and commited your improved graphics to GIT. :thumbsup:
Selection now infact works better with your changes.

Thanks for figuring out the fix with bound sphere in the NIFs and implementing it. :hug:
Changing so many NIFs must have been quite some effort.

Last edited:
Did you already commit this to develop branch?
I currently commit all my changes to "Plains", since it gets me heavily confused to work with 2 branches.
I know that is not ideal, but working with just one branch is the most efficient way for me to implement and test.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is intentional. I can ship a treasure to Europe even though there is no access to the sea. It is only a freshwater lake. (see screenshot)
upload_2021-10-30_19-41-49.png

Could you maybe answer that question for us?

Bounding spheres are used to select the unit with the mouse in game (AFAIK). Usually they are 50-200 in size. If they are freakishly large (e.g. 1000-2000) the sphere will take up half the screen, and you won't be able to select anything other that that unit. When this happens I go through all the bones, and reduce the size to something reasonable like 10.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is intentional. I can ship a treasure to Europe even though there is no access to the sea. It is only a freshwater lake.
It is a bug. :)

Actually more of an oversight.
Simply had not considered that case.

I will fix it. :thumbsup:

Edit:

Actually this could have happened since Vanilla if the lake was big enough.
(Larger than "MIN_WATER_SIZE_FOR_OCEAN".)

Now it is just more obvious that it is in fact a Lake. Thus that old Vanilla bug gets more obvious.
Because the game now calculates "Lakes" differently and also calls the Terrain "Lake".

Last edited:
@Raubwuerger
The bug with Lakes above is now fixed. :)
Thanks again for reporting it. :thumbsup:

Now that we actually have a Terrain for Lakes, it was also quite easy to fix.
(Here is the commit in case anybody is interested to see the code of the bugfix.)

Hello, have some gibberish characters on most text (see screens), sorry if these been asked before... Using latest build.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 29
Do you have special characters like accents in your user name in Windows? Is your name French or Spanish?
Stuff like that is normally caused by special characters used in directory names which is always a bad idea.

If yes, do NOT install the mod in the "Users" directory.

Instead:
1. Go to the base installation directory of the game
2. Create a directory \Mods in there if it does not already exist
3. Move the complete mod root directory of WTP from "Users" to that new directory
4. Take a look inside and check if you e.g. find the folder "\Assets" (which contains the DLL)

It should look something like this:
(If you e.g. look where you find the DLL)

<installation_directory_of_Civ4Col>\Mods\WTP_3.0.1\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

Last edited:
Do you have special characters like accents in your user name in Windows? Is your name French or Spanish?
Stuff like that is normally caused by special characters used in directory names which is always a bad idea.

If yes, do NOT install the mod in the "Users" directory.

Instead:
1. Go to the base installation directory of the game
2. Create a directory \Mods in there and if it does not already exist
3. Move the complete mod root directory of WTP from "Users" to that new directory
4. Take a look inside and check if you e.g. find the folder "\Assets" (which contains the DLL)

It should look something like this:
(If you e.g. look where you find the DLL)

<installation_directory_of_Civ4Col>\Mods\WTP_3.0.1\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

Hello, and thanks for quick response; yes Im based in Sweden so have some "funky chars", did move the addon as you said and now it works :)", tyvm.

I've been having an issue with my games crashing at the same point relentlessly, despite different play throughs within the first few years of the 16th Century (Just as things are getting interesting and the player economy gets moving). I have steered clear of the automated transport as im aware this can/has caused issues for some when the map is busy, but even so the problem persists.
Its quite vexing as I never had this problem with R&R and im using the same rig (I had completely removed Civ 4 col to reinstall with We the people only to ensure no conflicts in my last game).

I created a Github account to chase this through there but it didnt like me uploading the save files in origional format. The Testing and Ender saves are from my first game, where i went back a few hours in save time to have the game crash at the same point. Additionally I had saved in one prior to sinking the ship (as sinking a nations last vessle is the only way I have managed to crash the game in R&R).

The Countdown save is from my last game. Any help working out what is causing the game to crash would be appreciated. To encounter the fault just end the turn and watch the game hang.

Attachments

• Final Countdown.ColonizationSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • Testing.ColonizationSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • Richard vel Ender.ColonizationSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
@Veltan:
Please check this post and follow the instructions. :thumbsup:
With high probability it fixes the bug you reported.

High probability wins. Thanks for the redirect, I hadnt seen this fix for the current mod state. This has fixed the problem accross all saves. It does cause a cosmetic issue with the unit headers, but I would bet you folks are all over that already. :thumbsup:

It does cause a cosmetic issue with the unit headers, ...
Please read the complete post here carefully. :)
It tells you that you are also supposed to edit a text XML and add a text entry.

I'm guessing this involves a bug. Sitting Bull wins by industrialization victory in 1524.

Attachments

• Sitting Bull.jpg
    Sitting Bull.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom