[We the People] Bug reporting

Sitting Bull wins by industrialization victory in 1524.
It is theoretically possible that a Nation produces 1000 yields per turn early on, because I think that is the number.
But it is extremely unlikely that a Native Nation ahieves to do so. (It would need e.g. 50 cities producing 20 yields per turn.)

Summary:
Most likely a bug. :dunno:
Without a save it is not reproducable.

I have problem running game on Linux, Ubuntu 20.04. I have not tried anything, because ... I don't understand error. Normally I have some clues to work with.

I tried base game and other mods and game is working.

Ah - I almost forgot most important thing - game works only after I changed from newest proton to .. some random proton (4.11, because I remember using it back in time and... it's just random version that I tried out).

On newest proton no map will ever start. Game crashes after loading map.

I.. might change all proton versions.. It isn't that hard and might do something.

Here's data from console in which I run steam. What I do is - start game, gamestarts, i go to load mod, WtP game restarts, loads (assets[uncached]) and .. it just turns off w/o error or anything.

Longlog: https://pastebin.com/4HdfdxMk

Last edited:
Thanks, I've not noticed Proton specific thread.
Apparently I just needed to install :
oleaut32.dll
Which I found readily readily available to download from some Microsoft source.
In case someone has same problem download oleut32.dll from TRUSTED source.
and put it in ~/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Civilization IV Colonization/
Or at lesat this worked for me. Probably debian-installation is to be replaced with adequate distribution.

Edit : game crashed after ~10 turns. I will update when I find solution.
Second game just ... didn't crashed. And it's wonderful mod :) I feel like it's next advancement step after TAC. Only thing I had to tweak was to decrease min. city distance. I don't mind overlapping cities.

Last edited:
I've got division by zero error. It happens during AI's turn, when they attack my unit (Edit : I actually don't know if it happens when they attack my unit, but it happens during their turn aand them attacking my unit is most "unique" thing I can tell about what I see happening)

savefile : https://www.sendspace.com/file/ng1bfh
error log : https://pastebin.com/dKpkttyB

Is it reproducible for others? It might be because of linux and steam-proton magic happening, but I don't know if it's because of that, so I don't want to put it in proton thread.

To add more info it wasn't my first fight, it wasn't my first defensive fight too aand it wasn't my first unit lost or anything like that. I don't know what made difference this time, but every time I load this save game will crash after end turn.

Last edited:
Probably I have 3.0.1, as I remember using github and I see 3.0.1 Is older then few days ( I downloaded game few days ago).
But just to be sure I will look for file where it clearly states Mod Version : xxx

I can't find it, but all files are "last modified : 21.06 18:55:53" so older version couldn't be like that - according to github release dates.

Last edited:
@Buffalo Solider
Normally if you got the link to the last public release it is 3.0.1 (at the moment - several months old already).
(Some people still use old releases though and some also grab internal unpublished development branches.)

Iroquois raided my city. They (supposedly) burned my base camp.
When I loaded up save and stopped building village hall, they just sole my gold instead.
It's not really that much of a bug, but it's strange behavior that I wanted to just note.
But 1561 save has log and in this log - it clearly states that they burned down "base camp" somehow.

Ah, next turn they destroyed pier in city with dock.
I don't understand what's happening behind scenes, but it almost don't affect game. Well except, that raids are doing nothing.

Last edited:
In hotseat, visiting Ship Wrecks often yields nothing. It doesn't seem to provide Indentured Servants, as it does in single-player games.
Will the fix for this be present in next release?

Will the fix for this be present in next release?
It is already fixed internally (since months).
We just did not manage to release because too many people still have open todos.

Reactions: nci
There's another hotseat bug - Camp Fires yield Native Slaves exclusively.

There's another hotseat bug ...
Oh, you are talking about hotseat specifically ... no idea about that. :dunno:
Never tested nor specifically fixed anything for it.

I do not play MP-games and have no idea what could cause bugs in it.
I do not even know how I could really analyse hotseat bugs.

Summary:

Maybe one of the other team members can tell you more about hotseat. :dunno:

Oh, you are talking about hotseat specifically ... no idea about that. :dunno:
Never tested nor specifically fixed anything for it.

I do not play MP-games and have no idea what could cause bugs in it.
I do not even know how I could really analyse hotseat bugs.

Summary:

Maybe one of the other team members can tell you more about hotseat. :dunno:
There is a 'if isGameMultiplayer() return false' check inside canReceiveGoody() which should probably be changed to isNetworkMultiplayer()... but I am not sure.

There is a 'if isGameMultiplayer() return false' check inside canReceiveGoody() which should probably be changed to isNetworkMultiplayer()... but I am not sure.
Possible, but it would be "try and error" without a reliable way to test it and I do not want to mess with the code on that base.
So unless somebody with more knowledge about MP games says anything about it, I wil not touch it.

Maybe @Nightinggale knows though. He informed himself about MP games much more than myself.

Possible, but it would be "try and error" without a reliable way to test it and I do not want to mess with the code on that base.
I'd be happy to try and fix it myself. However, I have little knowledge of Civ4/Col, and even less time for modding. Please, kindly point me in the right direction so I can actually use that time productively, instead of lurking aimlessly among tons of XMLs. Particularly, linking the code that fixed hotseat ship wrecks would immensely help me understand the situation.

Last edited:
Particularly, linking the code that fixed hotseat ...
I had misunderstood / misread your post.

I have never ever fixed anything specifically for hotseat.
Simply because I have no way to analyse such bugs or to test any fixes I would have tried.

In single player there was a bug related to ship wrecks, which is now fixed though. (by @Nightinggale and myself)
However I have no idea if that bug is also fixed for hotseat. :dunno:

Summary:
Multiplayer stuff is beyond my knowledge.
Other people need to help here.

Reactions: nci
Top Bottom