[We the People] Bug reporting

@Mr.ZorG and ArchdukeLiet
Yes, i am aware of this situation, I read about it in other topic. My wishing was of a kind of an indeterminate future.. I Very appreciate Your hard work and time You put into adjusting new maps for New Hope so we can enjoy playing with new features :goodjob:
@ArchdukeLiet
I was looking in xml files for this option but without succes, now I know why :crazyeye: I gave it a try but unfortunately it does not work, there is a note: "# Note: scenarios can ignore this setting and specify radius" so i think I must stay with 2 plots radius. Thank You for Your help! :)

@Mr. ZorG, I am confused. I thought I somewhat correctly merged the mapscripts, and there was just some balancing and decluttering (likely above my skill level) needed. Some of the feature balancing could perhaps be something you could successfully do since it is just a messing with the iAppearance tag in Civ4Features.xml.

Sorry for doing all of this in the bug report spot, but all of this is just so weird and confusing to me. Is it a perfect script? Nope. Is it better than nothing? uh...

@Jarke
Try this for a mapscript with less peaks for instance:

Attachments

• Faire_Flatland_and_Rivers.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
Some graphical issues, have no idea if it is caused by my side or no.

@Ramstormp
Thank You! I will check it and make some test tomorrow :thumbsup:

Attachments

• art1.jpg
    art1.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 51
  • art2.jpg
    art2.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 50
  • logs.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
@Mr.ZorG and ArchdukeLiet
Yes, i am aware of this situation, I read about it in other topic. My wishing was of a kind of an indeterminate future.. I Very appreciate Your hard work and time You put into adjusting new maps for New Hope so we can enjoy playing with new features :goodjob:
@ArchdukeLiet
I was looking in xml files for this option but without succes, now I know why :crazyeye: I gave it a try but unfortunately it does not work, there is a note: "# Note: scenarios can ignore this setting and specify radius" so i think I must stay with 2 plots radius. Thank You for Your help! :)
On the two plots, I at least did not force that on the following maps: Uncharted Lands Huge, Undiscovered World Gigantic and Unknown Continents Enormous.
Actually I think playing with a 1-tile radius should be possible for most of the maps.

Play some test games of New Hope and just realized that map scripts do not generate any single plot of plains, wetlands nor shrubland.
The MapScripts are not yet ready to be played because they have not been fully adjusted.
They simply do not generate the new Terrains properly.

Please do not report things as bugs if they are simply not yet done. ;)
(There are reasons why the branch that is officially not published as "full official release" yet.)

See here:
2) Adjusting MapScripts [In Work]

Declaring "New Hope" to still be a "alpha" / "beta" was done for one simple reason:
There are still open todos.

-----

The only map that was partially adjusted but is also not fully done to my knowledege:
FaireWeatherTweaEx.py (But even that map still needs improvements: e.g. for Large Rivers)

All the other Maps had not even been touched since the last official release.
(So no, they are absolutely not playable if you want to pay with all the new features.)

------

Thus I can just repeat:
Currently only play Maps.

Last edited:
May have found another bug playing New Hope, although it probably won't come up all that often. I was cruising around looking for a place to found a first settlement (taking my time) and had accumulated more than $2K and got the offer to buy the discounted galleon. When I accepted, the game crashed out to the desktop. I'm guessing because I didn't have a settlement to deliver the galleon, the game didn't know what to do?

May have found another bug playing New Hope, although it probably won't come up all that often. I was cruising around looking for a place to found a first settlement (taking my time) and had accumulated more than $2K and got the offer to buy the discounted galleon. When I accepted, the game crashed out to the desktop. I'm guessing because I didn't have a settlement to deliver the galleon, the game didn't know what to do?
Hm, normally it should spawn it then on the Starting Post, but maybe there really is a bug in there. :think:
This situation should be very easily reproducable by world builder to see if it crashes and check the code.

However there are 2 conditions to trigger:

1) 2000 Gold
2) 4 Treasures

Edit:
@Nightinggale
is going to analyze it. :thumbsup:

Edit 2:
It is fixed again. :)

1) Code for spawning Ships from Events is not going to have a CTD anymore.
2) The specific event will only trigger if the Player also has a City.

Last edited:
Good deal! Sometimes I like to explore on lower difficulty levels before I found my first city and that's how this particular set of conditions occurred.

There is a bug when attacking a city that has multiple defenders. If the first defender loses the battle, the other might be ejected from the the city and the city conquered by the attacker.
This bug is already fixed internally and will be released soon. Just thought I'd let the others (who don't read internal discord) know :)

I don't know what it is with me and the galleon offer, but I found another issue. This time, I had founded a city and got the offer, bought the galleon for $2K and instead of it showing up in my city, it randomly appeared where my original ship was at the beginning of the game. No problem, I started exploring with it on the way to my city, but when I got near my city, I tried to send it to my city and the city was not on the list of possible destinations - just Europe and Africa. Further, it would not let me enter my territory when I manually tried to enter my city. And no, I had no other ships in port, so that's not the issue.

I attached the save game file.

Attachments

• C hristophe AD-1547.ColonizationSave
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
it randomly appeared where my original ship was at the beginning of the game.
That is not a bug, but a feature to prevent ships from being spawned where they might be stuck. :)
Because maybe your City was surrounded by Shallow Coast which is not accessible to large Ships.

Summary:
No bug. It is actually preventing bugs.
We have new rules for spawning of Ships.

------

the city was not on the list of possible destinations
Maybe you are not aware of some of our new features like "Shallow Coast".
Large Ships like a Galleon cannot pass through them.

Also there is a "Harbour System" now, meaning that ships require Harbour Space.
So for larger Ships like a Galleon you may have to build more harbour buildings so they may enter.

Summary:
No bug. It is actually preventing bugs.
We have new rules for Movement of Ships.

------

Please do not expect the mod to still behave like 2 years ago - it has gotten a lot of new gameplay. :)
A lot of new systems have been added and many old systems have been overhauled.

------

If that does not answer your questions, then please simply attach Screenshots. :thumbsup:
(City on the Map and CityScreen inside the City.)

Last edited:
I've been playing New Hope for a couple of weeks and am aware of the new coastal features. But I had not yet found terrain that the galleon couldn't pass through that the Merchantman could, so it caught me off-guard and appeared to be a bug.

Definitely a fantastic overhaul of the game that's going to take weeks and months to re-learn.

Having some trouble unloading stone, tools, and clay from ships to my colonies. Is this likely to be a bug, or are there cargo/improvement limits that prevent me unloading those cargoes until I do something else? Do I need to build a wagon train?

Thanks!

Having some trouble unloading stone, tools, and clay from ships to my colonies. Is this likely to be a bug, or are there cargo/improvement limits that prevent me unloading those cargoes until I do something else? Do I need to build a wagon train?

Thanks!
Works for me. Please provide a savegame where you can't unload and I will examine it. You should be able to unload.

Actually if there is disorder in a colony, it will block a bunch of activities. I can't remember if unloading is one of them. That might be an explanation. Full warehouse shouldn't be an issue as it will just be overfilled, which will cause cargo to start delaying as in you lose some every turn until the colony is no longer overfilled. You may not want this through as it sucks to lose weapons or similar where losing one means you can't make a certain profession again.

Thanks. I'm not in a position in which I can provide the save file just now, but I will ask: does barracks overpopulation matter?

I have developed the same kind of unloading problem. Can´t unload any cargo or units (non-military) in my first city/capital when barracks is full.
That´s with version 4.0

Attachments

• mdr.ColonizationSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom