• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[We the People] Bug reporting

I also have the game crashing on end of turn problem in 1695, happens on both the old steam version and latest.

I tried replacing all large rivers including ferries and any units on/next to the river and it didn't fix it, and I've tried to worldbuilder out any bugged unit which did work once, but I had to delete the entirety of south america which isn't ideal! :lol:

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    10.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Ermak_Timofeyevich_AD-1695-January.ColonizationSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Small success, the old bug in Port Royal Trade Log is now fixed. :)
(Trade messages in Event log were also incosistent and now also fixed.)

upload_2022-1-11_21-10-22.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-11_21-10-37.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_21-10-37.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hey, everyone, long time listener, first-time poster, lol.

Been trying to play the We The People mod, ran into a crash to desktop. I've tried deleting units, couple of movements, even tried doing nothing. I've sacced my Pirate ship, tried declaring war on the Apache and killing the units in my borders, too. Doesn't make a difference so far, bit of a headscratcher for me.

Save game included, turn right before the crash.

Attachments

• Wilhelm AD-1706-PreCrash.ColonizationSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
@Reinaert
Thanks for the save. :thumbsup:

Savegames with reproducable bugs always help to improve the mod.
(Potentially it is already fixed internally - but we need to check of course.)

since the latest build 3.0.1 i have crash to desktop during turn after some time, sometimes i get around with it loading a prior save and do stuff differently, but it gives no clue so far how to prevent the issue.. its very annoying, hope the savefile will let you fix this

i had this issue often with this version 3.0.1, never experienced before since years, one thing i find out is that if it happens, loading a prior save and do some stuff differently may not lead to crash, while doing exact the things more or less prior ending turn will CTD without doubt, i have not find out yet what cause the CTD, as it is almost impossible to do or not do specific moves without knowing what could lead to CTD.. if you need more investigation on it with autosaves arround the crashing-save let me know, i will provide anything you need, ty

Attachments

• Marathon random 2.ColonizationSave
    942.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hi,

This bug has been reported before. The crash is caused by attempting to divide by 0 in CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded. Fortunately, there is nothing you have done wrong, this is a pure (il)logical bug :p. To continue the game, someone would have to provide you with a fixed DLL or I suppose the unit could be deleted as a band-aid for now.

Spoiler Code :

First this assert triggers:

Assert Failed
File: DLLSources\.\CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 8106
Func: CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded
Expression: iNumAIUnits >= 0
----------------------------------------------------------
> CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvUnitAI::AI_unloadWhereNeeded(int iMaxPath) Line 8106 C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvUnitAI::AI_scoutMove() Line 1955 C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvUnitAI::AI_update() Line 233 C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayerAI::AI_unitUpdate() Line 816 C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvGame::updateMoves() Line 5745 C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvGame::update() Line 1307 C++
Colonization.exe!00412d54() Unknown
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for Colonization.exe]
Colonization.exe!0068ca48() Unknown
Colonization.exe!004cf906() Unknown
Colonization.exe!008fc04f() Unknown
[External Code]

Then there the following causes the crash

iValue /= 1 + iNumAIUnits;

Apparently, this bug has been discussed previously and a fix (https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/commit/b32fb59452cfc208d03dbcc35ec6570e2722fd8e) has been in develop since last summer but no release has been made since then.

Last edited:
I also have the game crashing on end of turn problem in 1695, happens on both the old steam version and latest.

I tried replacing all large rivers including ferries and any units on/next to the river and it didn't fix it, and I've tried to worldbuilder out any bugged unit which did work once, but I had to delete the entirety of south america which isn't ideal! :lol:

What's the status on this. I could have a look if no one else has...

thx for quick response, but what is the solution here, could not see any helping suggestion,

cause you mentioned i have to delete a unit.. which unit? how to find out.. i want to continue, i startet over 3 times now, sometime ingame this bug occures and game is broken :(

What's the status on this. I could have a look if no one else has...
I do not think anybody analysed it yet.
Otherwise there would probably be a response to it in this thread.

Thus it would be great if you could have a look. :thumbsup:

Hello, I tried playing 3 times but ended up crashing on all of them, wanting to fix it I end up reading here that large rivers and AI units could be the culprit so I went to the world builder and started testing.
I discovered that only removing cities (and the units inside them) fixed the problem.

During my last game, it crashed on 2 separated ocasions. To fix the first one I had to remove these 2 cities:

After some turns it crashed again so I had to remove only this colony:

Version: We-The-People-3.0.1 - Release (from Github)
I was using the map: Colonial America v2.0_RaR
The saves will be attached here just in case it could help in some way. FIXED saves are the ones with those colonies deleted.
To replicate the crash on the saves, just pass turn.

Let me appreciate what incredible mod you have develop and it's mindblowing that still is in active development after so many years, 10/10 for you guys!

Attachments

• CTDSave AD-1728-September.ColonizationSave
    735.6 KB · Views: 20
  • CTDSave AD-1728-September-FIXED.ColonizationSave
    732.2 KB · Views: 16
  • CTDSave AD-1733-May.ColonizationSave
    758.3 KB · Views: 19
  • CTDSave AD-1733-May-FIXED.ColonizationSave
    755.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
How about a 3.0.2 built from the current develop (or the bugfixes branch which currently is just 1 commit ahead of develop) ?
I am perfectly fine if we publish a bugfix release. :thumbsup:

It is probably a bit of effort though to collect them all.
There were quite a lot of them also in "Plains".

Hello,
I have started to play with a friend via E-Mail. Makes a lot of fun - you think longer about every turn and enjoy every small step :)
And you just need a few minutes to play
Anyway, unfortunatelly we have after some turns a bug. I load the savegame from my mate and can make my turn. Passwort is "Netti". But it is impossible for me to save the game.
I got the error message "Die Spieldaten konnten nicht komprimiert werden". In english should be the error message something like "The game data couldnt be compressed"...
The game creates a savegame, but it is 69KB instead of 242KB, like the others. And it is impossible to load.
Any ideas, what we can do?

Thanks, BR
ColoFan

Attachments

• Daniel_Nettingsmeier's_Game_n._Chr.-1541_to_daniel.nettingsmeier (1).ColonizationSave
    244.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Daniel_Nettingsmeier's_Game_n._Chr.-1541_to_Hernán_Cortés.ColonizationSave
    68.5 KB · Views: 17
We started a new game, but after some rounds, we got the same error message :(
Unplayable :sad:
Here is the save game
It is possible to load the save file, but impossible to save ...

Attachments

• Daniel_Nettingsmeier's_Game_n._Chr.-1573_to_daniel.nettingsmeier.ColonizationSave
    295.1 KB · Views: 15
Almost all of these bugs are fixed already since months internally. :thumbsup:
(In some cases more than half a year.)

------

We could just not yet finish all the other new content (features) we have implemented so far and thus did not release ...
Also several of us are currently in the situation that private live keeps us from finishing all the new features.

------

However @Nightinggale started a branch to collect just all bugfixes and improvements. :)

So most likely we will just release the bugfixes and improvements without the new content (features) soon.
Maybe we will also start a "beta phase" for the "content release" that allows "test playing" while we still finish / test / fine tune it.

------

Summary:

We will try to publish a bugfix release within the next weeks.
The content release will simply have to wait until we find time to finish it.

Last edited:
Thats great news! Thank you.

And no need for hurry, private like is always more important :)
I am playing your mods since nearly 10 years, so I can wait some time for the next release :goodjob::love::hug:

Hey, all.

So this game went way better than the previous one. Had a decent start as the British, didn't antagonise the natives, but Russia started encroaching and declared war... after I'd purchased a few cannons. I'd say they lived to regret it, but they mostly only got the regretting part. I don't think I ran into any bugs on this run up to now, actually.

Anyway, declared independence, got a few turns in, and now the screen keeps going on 'Waiting for other players' when the turn ends. File is included, all you need to do is end the turn.

A little bummed about it, I think I'm getting the hang of the mod now, but I kinda wanna just finish a game eventually.

Further details of the bug: if I alt-tab out, the cursor becomes normal. I can select units, but cannot issue commands because it's waiting for other players. This also becomes possible after a little wait without alt-tabbing. I can open menus like the Colopedia, toggle yields, but I cannot open the main menu with Escape. Maybe it's because I'm playing a video in the background, but that hasn't been an issue so far. I'll try to throw some more stuff at the wall on this one, see what sticks.

Edit: turned off animations and combat zoom, so I'm guessing it was a time issue. So not so much a bug but a performance thing. To be expected with a lot of units. Consider the game file more of an example/threshold than a bug report then. I'm gonna go shoot some more royals now.

Attachments

• Ronald AD-1712-OctoberWar2.ColonizationSave
    582.9 KB · Views: 16
Anyway, declared independence, got a few turns in, and now the screen keeps going on 'Waiting for other players' when the turn ends. File is included, all you need to do is end the turn.
Sounds odd. Is this a one off or is it happening consistently for you?

It's the first time I hear of this bug. Also judging based on what is modded and what isn't, this might be a vanilla bug meaning we would have had it for more than a decade. The message is supposed to only be used in multiplayer, which makes it extra weird.

Having said that, I'm still pondering what I can do to investigate this and maybe fix it.

Top Bottom