[We the People] Bug reporting

Having said that, I'm still pondering what I can do to investigate this and maybe fix it.
It was just a performance problem. Or a bit of lack of patience. :)
(Sometimes players get impatient to fast and terminate the process because they think the game does not respond anymore.)

He just had to wait a bit more for the turn to finish:
Edit: turned off animations and combat zoom, so I'm guessing it was a time issue.

So not so much a bug but a performance thing.

----

Edit:
Once @devolution finishes his work to improve performance stuff like this should happen less often. :thumbsup:

Maybe this had alrady been reportet:
when I try to have my Admiral to 'Lead Troops' - in this case a Ship Of The Line - both the Admiral as well as the ship is gone.

Attachments

• GigaPenn AdmiralBug.ColonizationSave
    2 MB · Views: 19
I checked your save (3.0.1).
On the first screen, the Great Admiral is highlighted and the cursor is positioned over the active Ship of the Line.

upload_2022-3-14_18-31-9.png

The second screenshot shows that the Great Admiral is in command of the active Ship of the Line.

upload_2022-3-14_18-29-2.png

You're right! Works (now) as expected.
Really strange. Next time I'll take a picture (if it should happen again).
Sorry and thanks for testing!

I encounter some bug by playing the plains branch

1 in multiplayer on the map Americas gigantic random the host starts on random start points but the second player every time in gulf of Mexico.
2 the funding father Herman alyaskinsky in the colopedia text is Herman but in the headline "German alyskinsky.
3 if you end the quest to build 5 abbey before all others one of the rewards is "i need ships for the people" get galleons but now you cant ship peoples with galleons so its a little weird.
4 if you build a city without food you get some text saying " the governor hat buy 0 food for 600 gold my city is in the desert .
5 the animal dens in the desert have no animals over it on the plot.
6 is not really a bug but some mountain plots on Americas gigantic random have marsh on the same plot . have seen it on Jamaica and Haiti.

"German Alyskinsky"
That is in fact how his name was originally written and pronounced in his mother language.
see here

In our mod the titel often gives the "orignal name in the mother language". --> For educational purposes.
The texts then however normally use the "common name" used in different languages.

Original name: "German Alyskinsky"
Common language name in English:
"Hermann of Alaska"

That is simply the exlanation.
We try to deliver also some education with these texts.

4 if you build a city without food you get some text saying " the governor hat buy 0 food for 600 gold my city is in the desert".
That is not a bug, it is a new feature, since you are now allowed to also found on hostile plots without food.
(But it comes with consequences if you do not have a settler getting food from a nearby plot.)

Last edited:
5 the animal dens in the desert have no animals over it on the plot.
They are not there when the game is started, they are spawned a few turns later (e.g. turn 4 or something like that).
It was done for balancign and preventing some issues for AI.

1 in multiplayer on the map Americas gigantic random the host starts on random start points but the second player every time in gulf of Mexico.
The maps have not been perfectly recreated yet - it was done by people that most likely do not yet know all details of "Random Map Creation" for RaR.
All maps still need to be properly created for the release ... which is enormous effort and explains why nobody is working on it.

So yes:
There are still minor bugs in them.

6 is not really a bug but some mountain plots on Americas gigantic random have marsh on the same plot.
That is not a bug. But if somebody wants to redo the maps, he may also think about that aspect.
(It does not influence gameplay at all however and we never cared about it.)

Last edited:
3 if you end the quest to build 5 abbey before all others one of the rewards is "i need ships for the people" get galleons but now you cant ship peoples with galleons so its a little weird.
Thanks for noticing. I will correct it. :thumbsup:
(The Quest will give other ships.)

Edit:
Corrected in "Plains".

Last edited:
to 4
well the event give me gold and no food
that is not would it should do
to 5 i have played 20 round on marathon and no animal

to 4
well the event give me gold and no food
that is not would it should do
I need a screenshot that shows the exact wording. :thumbsup:

@Arkona
Did you compile a new DLL yourself using the source code provided in "Plains"?
Because you have to do that. You cannot simply use the old DLL.

Because in my current development version the feature works perfectly fine.
(It is however not identical to "Plains".)

Case where the governor pays the money and City gets Food:

Case where the colonies do not have the money and City rebels:

Summay:

If you have an updated DLL compiled by proper sources, it should work. :dunno:
(Unless some bugfixes of mine did not make it to the "Plains" repository.)

@Mr. ZorG
Could you please test this also in Plains just to ensure that it behaves correctly there. :thumbsup:
(I am currently working and testing on a much newer version.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 185
1 city pic
2 after event
3 one round after 2 i have 600 more gold no food in the city
i have make the DLL thing nightingale wrote an github
but im only a player no modder so i dont no if i have done something wrong

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 20
Edit:
There is in fact a small bug. :)
(The gold seems to be not substracted but added.)

I will check the logic again and repair it. :thumbsup:

@Arkona
It seems as if also a merge from my internal development to "Plains" had gone wrong.
But now if you get "Plains" again everything should be correct. (Here is the commit.)

So yeah there was a bug. :thumbsup:
Just could not reproduce it properly locally.

But you also need to do a new compile to get a new DLL.

Please check if "Wild Animals" are available as a Player Faction.
(You can see it e.g. when opening Worldbuilder.)

As I said the maps are not properly working yet.
They need to be setup correctly or "Wild Animals" will not exist as Player Faction.

As comparison try to to play e.g. a MapScript.
Wild Animals should spawn correctly.

Edit:
Just tried "Americas Gigantic Random" and Wild Animals were spawned nicely on Lairs.
So the Map seems to work and has "Wild Animals" unless you mess with it by adding to many Players.
(The Map itself is unchanged compared to "Plains". But as I said, I am testing my current development version.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I have animals on the map as player and on the lairs but NOT on some the lair in the desert the rest of the map seems fine

Its turn 49 by the way.

i have find 3 lair in the desert 2 without animals on them
my idea is the problem is the vulture bonus resource right next to them

Last edited:
Top Bottom