We want to hear from YOU

I get that but you are making a huge assumption when you say the game is 90% done. No offense but that seems like a number you pulled out of thin air. We know nothing about the game so we have no way of knowing how much progress has been made on it.
Well, if we assume that my assumption is assumed to be true, then we can also assume that the assumed release date of February 2016 is also true. I mean, let's think about this logically: Why would the game be 90% done and NOT be released soon? What would take them so long to finish the last 10%? It can't be the leader art, because they could just say: "Yeah, whatever." and release Civ 6 with... I don't know. 8 Leaders. (To name a totally random number :p) So the only logical conclusion would be that they are waiting for better hardware to become cheaper so more people can actually play the game.

Well, filled it out. I'm not too sure of what firaxis would think of what I think of as most important the ranking I did. Because it was too simple and doesn't explain what exactly firaxis was thinking of so I had to make my own guesses of what would be important to me without any kind of knowledge of what firaxis thought of storyline, hardware, etc.

Does the 2K website work for you.
Or, if not the 2K website, then the official Civilization website.

It's a lovely website with some decent articles (I quite liked the Civ:BE leader profiles and fiction bits). It also takes forever to load, even on fibre optic and across several OSes and browsers. What's up what that!? :sad:

Or, if not the 2K website, then the official Civilization website.

It's a lovely website with some decent articles (I quite liked the Civ:BE leader profiles and fiction bits). It also takes forever to load, even on fibre optic and across several OSes and browsers. What's up what that!? :sad:

Yup, that website is very dreadful I dont' know why Firaxis havent fixed it, something about scripts having problems. That make it have alot of problems. ><

So I try to avoid any links leading to it.

The only thing that really needs to be said is BRING BACK MUPT or a serious overhaul of how the game is structured (if we are talking about a potential Civ6, complete overhaul of BE, or a new TBS). Only then can you start fixing many of the underlying mechanical issues with BE, and with that balance issues can be fixed.

1UPT has proven to be a dismal failure and is a large reason why Civ5 lost many long-time fans, including myself. I know that I will NOT purchase another TBS that utilizes 1UPT, at least not without serious qualifications, which are unlikely to apply to a game like Civilization or BE.

Whoever keeps insisting 1UPT isn't broken needs to be overruled.

Didn't really feel the survey was about what we like/dislike in the games. More about social medias and where we get our games. There's very little in the survey asking about it and it's about the series in general rather than a specific title.
It seemed more like something asked by marketing than design/development so I'm not sure what is the point of discussing what we don't like about the last games in that thread.

But at least I could happily put "professional reviews" as my least important thing :p So for that I'm happy.

Didn't really feel the survey was about what we like/dislike in the games. More about social medias and where we get our games. There's very little in the survey asking about it and it's about the series in general rather than a specific title.
It seemed more like something asked by marketing than design/development so I'm not sure what is the point of discussing what we don't like about the last games in that thread.

Agreed. It seems 2K (the publisher) and Firaxis (the developer) are getting confused here.

"We want to hear from YOU" right, all You want to hear is how to more efficiently sell Your broken, unfinished game with pretty graphics.

But at least I could happily put "professional reviews" as my least important thing :p So for that I'm happy.

You mean the "professional reviews" that gave BE a 99% score and said it was perfectly balanced?

Yeah that is a paid shill. Firaxis should save their money.

Done!

As for the importance of system requirements... what are the system reqs for the 2K website??? CiV loads faster than that hog. Oo

They're asking the (marketing) questions they want to know the answers to. Not the things that you want to tell them but they have no interest in.

No kidding. But limited in scope marketing questions results in them not getting the full picture.. which in turn leads to tunnel vision and then lots of ignorance when the results don't match their expectations.

Not a bad survey.

One extra message to 2k: while I'm very likely to buy Civ 6, I think I might wait a few years after release. I gave both Civ 5 and BE a good year - in both cases it wasn't quite long enough. Compelling game mechanics are just that important :)

Not a bad survey.

One extra message to 2k: while I'm very likely to buy Civ 6, I think I might wait a few years after release. I gave both Civ 5 and BE a good year - in both cases it wasn't quite long enough. Compelling game mechanics are just that important :)

Exactly, I bought CivV about the time BE came out and was very happy with that decision (get all expansions+DLC included in the normal game purchase price), and If I buy BE it will be when CivVI comes out.
CivVI won't get bought until CivVII comes out, etc. (although I am "likely" to buy it, but no way when it is released.)

No kidding. But limited in scope marketing questions results in them not getting the full picture.. which in turn leads to tunnel vision and then lots of ignorance when the results don't match their expectations.
These questions are almost certainly being asked by the 2K marketing team, not the Firaxis development team. I think you're barking up the wrong division.

From what I understand, Firaxis has a particular company culture. They aren't active on social media, they don't talk about a game until they have to, they don't ask for people's opinions, and they don't do public testing. They're old school, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

I assume the "rank importance of these things to you" has to do with what angles they will use to market whatever future game is in store for the Civilization series. <cough> Civ 6 <cough>

These questions are almost certainly being asked by the 2K marketing team, not the Firaxis development team. I think you're barking up the wrong division.

From what I understand, Firaxis has a particular company culture. They aren't active on social media, they don't talk about a game until they have to, they don't ask for people's opinions, and they don't do public testing. They're old school, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

I'm not sure how much internal testing they do either...

There's a couple questions which seem to be a bit too specific IMO. Stuff like #9, where I've probably clicked on one by mistake but haven't clicked on one intentionally, and some of the ones about 'would you buy' where it's very difficult to say outright "Yes" or "No" without seeing info on the game. On the whole seems to be an interesting survey though

Top Bottom