Welcome New Members

I first discovered Civ when I was beggining my graduate studies, in the early 90s, and shared a house for some time with a bunch of geeks (until then, I had used a computer only once; for me then, it wasn't much more than a sofisticated typewriter). I played the original Civ (DOS) quite a lot. I skipped Civ II and returned to the series with Civ III, which I played (still play) a lot. I just bought Civ IV, but I'm having some technical problems with my aging computer, so... well, I guess I'll have plenty of time to read the manual and the strategy tips here in the forum before starting to play...
I have been sneaking around this forum for at least a year, but I joined only after the launch of Civ IV. Since then, I've become a regular reader of the strategy sections.

Hi,

I discovered Civ III sometimes ago (maybo two or three yars back) and did not like it (I think I did not understand the thing at this time). About a year ago I dig my copy out and told to me "why not have another try", and I did it and bacame adicted. Locking for some ressources on the internet I discovered this site which proved to be invaluable to me. I learned much from here. When CIV came out, I bought it and I think it has gratly improved from the Civ III version.

About me, not much to be said, i am french, I am working in the microelectronics industry and I am 37 years.

Thank you for the great work made by all the fanatics here, it helped me understand beter this great game.

I decided to check out Civ IV after reading an interesting review online. This is the first Civ I'm playing (and I'm not normally a gamer to begin with), so I hope to learn from the fanatics here :)

Hi to everyone at CF. I have been visiting for some time and wish to post some views on CIV4. Compared to 3 it sucks! I loaded the 1.09 update and by error found a way to cheat, if anyone is interested. Use the worldbuilder. CNTRL W.
You may have to save and reload a couple of times and you may also need at least 4 cities. Try starting WB a couple of times until U get a green box. U can then Add anything. Will experiment some more.

Hello. I'm old, too, being 42, retired and three grown children. I've also played Civ right from th first editon. Probably, because I'm old, I'm having a hard time getting the hang of Civ IV. So I decided to join the forum.
P.S. My favorite Civ is Call to Power.

Hello,

I discovered the original Civ in the cold desert in a land far, far away, ten years ago. Since that time my son has also followed my Civ footsteps. It brings a tear to your eye when a son follows his dad's in such an honorable endevor.
Huntr

["With Rights Comes Responsibility". 9th Grade Civics]

Hello

I am new to the forum but not new to the world of Civilization. I played Sid Meier's Pirates for Nintendo and Civilization I back in the old days. In fact when I was in my third year of university I spent so much time playing the original Civ that I feel Sid Meier owes me a grade point! During those difficult times in the late 80's early 90's it was refreshing to have a game that wasn't just mindless street fighting or being a plumber jumping around chasing mushroooms and coins. Civ II was awesome. I must admit Civ III failed to captivate me for long, I never even finished a game, as I got into the industrial age it seemed like work instead of play. I bought Civ 4 and enjoyed it immensely, I like that they have removed corruption and you don't have to micro manage as many small cities. I started having technical issues, with XML and CD-ROM errors and that is why I came here. I found the solution I needed and am now free to rule the world again, thanks to this site.

Greetings, everyone:). Hope you enjoy Civfanatics. Also, make sure to check out the OT forum (off-topic) for the limited time posting bonus (ends at the end of the year) all the new members receive:). It will get you up to the thirty posts you need to get a custom avatar in no time:) (also you have to be a member of the site for thirty days).

Hello to u all !!

First I must apologize for my terrible english... Guess it must be better than your portuguese so... :)

I played civ series games right from the old civ I. I always liked strategy turn based games. I bought a copy of civ 4 last week and I´m still trying to know the game...But i must confess I´m spending a lot more time here, than actually playing. It was nice to see the involvment of the members in all the discussions, the work ppl put in their mods, and the way everyone shares it´s views, it really is one of the best communities I ever saw!! I´m glad to be a part of it now :)

I guess there are a lot of things that surprised me in Civ 4, some very welcome surprises some things not so much, religion for instance, I really don´t think it was the right time to bring something as sensitive as that to the game right now, and especially the way it works in the game disapointed me a bit... But well it´s still probably the best Civ ever...And the standards were already very high.

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum here, but I've been playing since civ1. Hope to see some of y'all around. Civ4 has been great so far, just so hard to get myself away from it.

Hello all, this is my first post.
I started playing civ3 about 3 years ago, often till dawn in the warmer months.
I play C3C now (more moderately). I just uploaded my first GOTM (COTM19),
and am looking forward to improving my game by comparing how others deal with the same starting map.
I have been reading the civ4 forums keenly, but alas will not be upgrading my PC to run civ4 for a long time yet.
I am 43 years old but refuse to stop playing Civ until I master it (or die trying).

Hi,

This is my first post (finally). Still 18 bud i did get a taste of Civ I, i really started playing when i got my CivIII and did horribly on both (never could go higher than warlord). I hope i can find something here so i can improve.

Oh, and btw, how do you change your avatar, i can't seem to get it to work.

You go into the avatar selection page and click on the avatar you want (of the preselected ones of course). You can't have a custom avatar (like mine) until you have 30 posts and have been a member of the site for thirty days. Also, you might want to head on down to the Civ4 strategies to get some tips on how to get good if you feel like it.

I had an Amiga 500 and got a PC to play Civ. Then I discovered the amiga version had just been released and that was all any shop had. Aaaaagh!.
Got CivII but never finished a game. Never played CivIII.
My PIII/733(ME) copes amazingly well, especially post patch.
Limits me to small maps so I'll probably upgrade.

Other games - RFTS, Warlords, MoM, Warlords BattleCry1-3.

hello,
I did know CivIV was in the works, but didn't know it was so close. I came by for snoopy's terrain after a fresh install of CivIII and noticed that CivIV was close. Now I'm excited about that in addition to playing a bunch of CivIII recently. CivIV is looking mighty nice, and looks to take the things that I, as a fairly casual (but serious casual) player don't care for about Civ3...for example, I get bored to death in the late game cleaning up pollution and all and don't bother managing things well any more, or I would rather not do things militarily but it seems you almost have to most of the time, and so on.

And I have to say, being a mod at another forum elsewhere on the net, the crowd here at CF is so very pleasant. Nice work, folks.

Have just updated my pc with new mother board and graphiks to be able to play CIV IV, was up and running yesterday, looking forward to get home from work today!

Hi! My Civ history:
Civ I: never played
Civ II: used copy years ago and enjoyed it
Civ III: tried for a bit, but didn't really like this one
Civ IV: waiting for Christmas to start playing

I saw Sulllas Civ IV walkthrough and then read the RB1 - Cuban Isolationists, and after that my christmas present was obvious CIV IV.

i've been using this site for a little while now, so i suppose i should post something...
would you believe i first played civ on the amiga *many* moons ago?
p.s. how do you get the nice pics below names?

ignore the p.s - i just read condors post...

Top Bottom