Welcome New Members

Assalam Alaykom... (Peace be Upon You)

Im a Mass Communication Student in Misr Internation University in cairo, Egypt, im an Arab and roud of My Arabhood...

the Civilization era started with CIV II test of time, and gradually made it throught the game's Descendants... my First Language is Arabic, then its English, my French is pretty Ok too...

Im more interested in roleplaying in real life political Map, rather then Fictional maps..

and i hope i Enjoy it here...

Quick bit about me: age 40 (just turned), married 2 children 8 years and 10months. been plaing CIV since version 2. loved it from the first go.

chat soon

Cliff

just got my laptop and was wondering which game to buy first, looks like its going to be this is it worth it or are the better stratergy/sim games to this?

The Chief- I'll tell you this much. Civ IV is a game you will never stop playing. You may get tired of it after playing for 3 months straight, but after a break of about 1-2 wks, you'll be right back at it. There's always new combinations to play around with. I would say it's a must have for any serious strategy player, and even those who aren't serious players. Def. buy Civ IV, and also the Beyond the Sword expansion. You'll love it, and you're wife will hate it (if you have one).

Otherwise, I would also recomend Medival Total War II.

Yep, the only advice I can give you is to NOT by the Warlords expansion.:lol:

I should've joined this site ever since I owned Civ II !! I got so many questions needed answered for Civ IV that I had to join up.

I love this game. This series. I can't wait for Civ Revolutions.

The Chief: This IS the game you buy first, definitely.
Draknith is absolutely right - you never stop playing (ok, you may take a week off now and then..)
Having said that, are there any good strategy games that do not involve war? I'd be interested to have one (when I take a week away from Civ IV)..
Yes I know you can customise Civ IV so there are no wars.. but that seems kinda cheating :)

Thanks for the advise guys and gals just ordered civ4 with expantion pack, hope your right and yes my wife is going to hate it i can tell already! see below!!
:nono:

Hi Friends,
This is my very first post. Looking forwrd to many nice interactions.
NSurya

I got my first taste of Sid Meier with Colonization on my Dad's 386 work computer. I played Alpha Centauri and didn't care for it. I played Civ II, Civ II Call to Power, Civ III, and now Civ IV. I do not have either expansion, but plan to pick up BtS for myself for Christmas.
I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and found some very useful reads. Thanks to everyone who keeps this going.

I have just joined this forum. Pretty new to CIV IV, i.e. Fresh Meat.

Hope to see everyone online sometime.

Cheers!

Hi everybody! Been lurking around here for quite some time, and I love reading the succession games threads!

Keep up the good work!

is it really Nov 29th woah i got some work to do. been addicted since civ II gold. bought the bts two months ago and started multiplayer two nights ago. got my ass kicked first night (mostly because I was stupid) and last night had a really good game going til two guys went to bed and I found myself being trashed by sittin bull and two AI's.
oh and hi all

Just to ask you, how many of you have played Civ1?:confused:

Played it for years after it came out (1992 for me, I think) until the release
of Civ2. Played it on Amiga and Super Nintendo. Got my first PC (Pentium
P90 in 1995. Civ 2 was the first game I played on it. Still my favourite,
though I played Civ 3 when it came out. Comp.-wise the improvement has
been awesome. Pentium 90 mz. in 1995 to Athlon Dual Core 5500mz. now.
What's it going to be in another 12 years? I should live that long?:D

Just to ask you, how many of you have played Civ1?:confused:

Civ I hooked me back in High School. Used to play it on my friends Mac. Finally got my own PC just in time for Civ II. Now I'm into Civ IV. I play for a couple of months like crazy then usually take a break for a few weeks, (depending on what else is going on in my life.)

I'm new here. A friend told me about this site a while ago. I finally decided to join. I'm 35, married (to my wife and my computer):lol: , with two kids ages 7 & 11, and more animals than I need.

Civ I hooked me back in High School. Used to play it on my friends Mac. Finally got my own PC just in time for Civ II. Now I'm into Civ IV. I play for a couple of months like crazy then usually take a break for a few weeks, (depending on what else is going on in my life.)

I'm new here. A friend told me about this site a while ago. I finally decided to join. I'm 35, married (to my wife and my computer):lol: , with two kids ages 7 & 11, and more animals than I need.

Lots of us got hooked that way with Civ 1. I've been addicted since 1992.
BTW What's this about "more animals than you need"? I once swapped a
kitten for some ram memory. The barter system is alive and well.:lol:

Top Bottom