1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Stonewall435

Stonewall435 Chieftain

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been playing Civ since Civ II about ten years ago and started to read CivFanatics a few years back playing Civ III.

Recently bought a new system and Civ IV Gold Edition and now looking to get some more game time and perhaps try a few GOTMs and online games.

I usually play Noble level and eek out Cultural or Space Race victories. I'd like to play at higher difficulties and finally figure out just how to set up the economics to churn out Great People factories and domination victories.

2. southjoy

southjoy Chieftain

Hi

I fell in love with Civ and must say I've absolutely loved Civ3 but do not enjoy Civ4 at all.
    Anyway just recently got Conquests and enjoy the new changes and importantly the conquests that have been made available.
    This made me look at the GOTM as this sounds like the challenges that I would like to do. However being a newbie to the chat forum I am still learning all the jargon.
    Can someone help me out with these terms?

What is a CxxC or a CxxxC city?
    Is 20k the size of a city or a condition to winning?
    And was does Unit Suicide mean from the A1?

This might help me have a go at the SID level new GOTM.
    My theory is that what doesn't kill you only helps you learn more about the game.

Cheers Everyone.

3. 77alex77

77alex77 Chieftain

Hello there,

I've been playing Civ since Civ2.
    But that's a long time ago. I'm only playing Civ4 at the moment and I really love this forum for all the documentations of the undocumented features, the unofficial patches (thx Solver, Bhruic, ...) and the mods (love the BUG mod).
    I'm even more addicted to this game now.

4. daz34

daz34 Chieftain

Well Hitler is in Civ4 in a way. just a quote "The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one"

Attached Files:

5. Ouklos

Ouklos Chieftain

Hello,

I'm 39, I live in France.
    I played Civ II some 10 years ago, but I wasn't hooked like now.
    Two months ago I bought Civ IV : much better, especially with mods like TAM or RFC.
    I currently play TAM on Noble.

6. Gyuz

Gyuz Chieftain

Hey People!

I'm an ever civ playa from Hungary. I begged a VGA monitor instead of my CGA (4 colours :D) to be able to play CIV around '92. Most of my early English vocabulary is from CIV (like 'to demand' and 'to threaten'...lol). Played a lot with civ2 and much more with civ3.

Haven't tried civ4 for long but I've got the chronicles box from a friend of mine so played a little. :)

7. This Guy

This Guy Chieftain

Hello, I'm This Guy, not related to That Guy.
    I'm from Germany and addicted to Civ since I was 10 Years old, which was about three years after the first part has been published. I usually read and write in the German Civilization Webring Forum and now... I'm here. Looking for Scenarios, Mods and Graphics.:)

8. aldousdj

aldousdj Chieftain

Have been addicted to vanilla Civ 3 for 3 years -- lurked and enjoyed the strategy articles -- getting ready to post my own strategy article.

9. Bilgoin

Bilgoin Chieftain

Hello everyone. I am a real Civ fan. Played, read and chat much about Civ. But most importantly I love it. I cannot forget the day I have played Civ II for the first time. The pleasure I got, the happiness I took were really unimaginable. I do not know why, I liked it so much. May be I can find a topic about it: the reasons of being a Civ Fan. I do not want to say the word anyway, but at some point I have to end this text, or whatever you call it. Anyway, : ) I am glad to be one of you.

10. Bilgoin

Bilgoin Chieftain

I do not like to see 211 pages : ( I feel like am lost in the great masses of people. I feel like no one will know me, read me ... I might be obsessed about it. Any wayi this is not a rehabilitation center and noone wants to read what I feel. Sorry for the time you have spent, while reading, and I am stupid enough to post this, even I can guess the consecuences. As I said before, anyway ...

11. framserv

framserv Chieftain

Hi, Like most people in this thread I am only posting to get rid of the reminder message.

I've been playing since Civ1, it was a great game to start with and just keeps getting better. Generally play on prince and I would like to thank the contributors to the strategy section for helping to improve my game.

12. Queen Rebecca

Queen Rebecca Chieftain

Yah, so I'm new, am addicted to playing long hours of Civilization. Started on Civ3, and am now on Civ4. My husband and I play pretty much everyday and would play more if we had the time. And no we aren't the typical "computer" people. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm a waitress & he's a solider.

13. Wiki

Wiki Chieftain

Hello, I'm new (you never would have guessed...). Anyway, I've been playing civ for a while and also have loaded some of the mods here, I decided to join the forums and participate

14. BlueMadonna

BlueMadonna Chieftain

Well Hi everybody!:eek: I'm new too. Joined a few days ago, but I have been a bystander until now. Haven't had the chance yet to read much about y'all - but I hope I'm not the only 'fossil' around here...:king: I started with CIV2, many years ago, after I broke my back in an accident at work. When you go from totallyt 'Hyperactivity' to almost equallt rorally passivitè, that's not healthy. So one day I had my old co-workers on my door (the door to my hospital bedroom, then - with a new Laptop - and all that was on iy, was an e-mail-site, and Civ II. "If you have to leave this world for some other one, you might as well use your head in the process..." a message said on e-mail.
    And that was it. I left it for 10 minutes. Then I let it sink in - and decided this was MY game. Now I have had CIV4 for 2 years, and am looking forward to the new release like a "madwoman!" And also hope I get to know a few people in her in the process... That's all for now,- but I'll be back....

15. LilBoyBlu

LilBoyBlu Chieftain

Hey All !!

Well this site autopromts so I'll write a HI :) ... I used to play Civ 3 online, As DemolitionMan, or Demo. Been a LONG time. I've owned Civ4 for quite a while, but always played solo. One of the reasons I'm here is to figure out how to get it going online for some good multiplayer gaming.

Other than that - Hope to game against ya all soon !

16. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Hi! I just got CIV IV and reckon its pretty fly. I've been playing CIV since I nicked a copy of CIV 2 off of a cousin many years ago. Who says crime doesn't pay?!

17. civtigger

civtigger Chieftain

Hi all. I've been reading this site since civ4 came out, and thought I would put my 2 cents in every once in a while. Not much of a talker, but I"ll try my best.

18. Puff~N~Stuff

Puff~N~Stuff Chieftain

Salutations!

I was so hooked on Civ 2 when I had it for my old playstation my g/f at the time broke up with me.

I just purchased Civ 4 hope'n for more of the same, from my current g/f.

19. redrum

redrum Chieftain

As a new member to the forum, and I am sorry if I sound like such a noob. I have been playing CIV IV since it came out. I did not buy Warload. I do kick myself in the butt for not buying it, but I do have BTS. It's fantastic. That being said. What Mods would the members here recomend? Please also understand that I am a 46 year old male. (Alittle older then most players) I do not need the latest, or greatest mod. Just something that I can enjoy for hours on end. Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you for your time

Redrum

P.S. I did try Fall from Heaven II, never could get it to work, and yes I did try to install it right

20. Stressor

Stressor Chieftain

I am only about 14 years older than Redrum. I play the game to escape being the oldest predoctoral intern it the country. It is great fun, I know next to nothing about strategies or possibilities, and I mostly am just fooling around and learning. It beats drugs any day.