Welcome New Members

Hi

I'm 20 and new to Civ. Started playing Civ 4 a while ago, got hooked....

Back to essays.... grr....

Hi! I'm new here.

I'm still primarily interested in Civ II. I played Civ III but didn't like it as much and I haven't even bothered getting Civ IV yet.

Hi everybody, I've been lurking for years but never posted until now. I played CivI but preferred Colonization. CivII seemed an improvement, but I bought into it late and CivIII came along.
I was working on an "Ancient Middle East" mod for CivIII when I heard CivIV was announced, so downed tools. I'm a programmer (DBA) by profession and luckily was just getting into XML at the time I heard the announcement, and I spent the last year getting proficient in Python specifically for the release of CivIV. I'm just throwing ideas together again, reviewing old notes etc. I just don't have the time any more, if only PCs and CivIV were around when I was a nerdy bachelor with time on my hands...!
What I lack is graphical/artistic type skills, so I'll just reuse existing stuff, and if I ever "publish" my mod, and if anyone's interested, I'll look for volunteers to smarten that side up.

Hi there. I've been playing Civ IV on my laggy laptop now for a while, and I thought the time was right to join the forums of the site that has helped me to get into the game.

My name i Sebastian, I'm 18 years old and live in Sweden. :)

Hello!
I'm a Civ player in China. I'm 20 and have played civ series for 5 years.
I have joined a group to translate Civilization IV to Chinese and make mod for that.
You know, that China has a long long culture history over than 5000 years. I'd like to make friends all over the world, to communicate cultures of each other's country and nation.
My E-mail: xixipang@gmail.com
looking forward:)

Civ is my favorite game. Loved Civ 3 though it took some time to get use to. Civ 4 is almost too intense on the graphics. Runs slow on my computer. Love the new tech tree and the additon of religions in civ 4 but I'm still getting used to playing it.

hi.. just saying hi. been playing civ since the beginning...never got into the hardcore modding and stuff. just checking things out.

Hello Everyone,

I was almost going to read all of the posts up to mine when I realized there were 71 pages! :p

I'm a soon-to-graduate college student from Pennsylvania who happened to stumble upon Civ III after being addicted to real-time strategy games like Age of Empires II and Rise of Nations a few years ago. I love the new genre and complexity of the Civ series and also the overall "civilized" nature of the community!

BTW, even though I'm pretty new to the game, I hope to eventually add to the insane amount of information already on the strategy forum :).

Hi everyone!:)

Ive been wanting a civilization game ever scince my cousin showed my CIV3 now I've bought Civ 4 but i havent played yet because my graphics chip isnt good enough. My better graphics chip really messed up my computer last time i put it in so i'm going to get a professional to do it. Ive seen all of the great mods here and think this is probably one of the Civ fan sites ever! :D

Hi to the forum's members!

I first played the original Civ on my Amiga, many years ago.

I got CivII when I got my first Mac, a few years back, and I still love playing it, but I have recently got CivIII, as the CivIII Complete package.

I've only just starting playing it, and am beginning to get my head round the differences and how to use the new methods of growing and building.

I may well get CivIV, when it becomes available for the Mac, but I'm not impatient yet, having only just got to CivIII!!!

Hello everyone!

I have been the proud new owner of a Civ IV game for a week already, and I am really enjoying it!

Ok, this is short, but the forum logged me out while i was writing a full-story about how i discovered the Civilization genre. Being a lazy person, i decided i wouldn't spend 15 minutes rewriting it. So, there is a summary :

Civilization : Call to Power ==> Civilization II ==> Civilization IV

Anyway, I am looking forward to join the community and can't wait to share my experiences with you guys. :)

Oh, and greetings from Montréal! :)

Hello all,

I've been posting some right after I got Civ IV, but only (as can be imagined) in the tech support section. Now that the game has been running smoothly for a while (knock on wood) I've been able to start enjoying it.

Brief civ history o'mine: Civ (on Amiga, way back) => Civ II (We should build a marketplace, where citizens can barter for needed goods...) => Civ IV, finally a game I might actually play beyond the Middle Age! Of course, now I have a wife and a baby on the way, so no telling if/when I have time to play. :king:

Hello to everyone in the community. This is a great site, no? I guess I've played civilization since I was about 8/9, starting with Civ2. I played Call to Power for a bit, and have now been playing Civ3 for a couple of years. I'll get Civ4 soon, but I want to master 3 before starting it. My last exploit was a victory with England on the Conquests middle ages scenario on regent level. Currently I'm playing a game as the Zulus, on Deity, just to see how hard it really is. I've got to about 200AD, but I'm now way behind the rest and Persian hordes have entered my territory. I cannot hold them much longer. Anyway, it's my all time favourite game, and it's great to have finally joined this site.

I've been lurking here for a while and decided to join and now to post. I've played Civ 1, 2 , and 3 and AC, and now Civ 4 for quite some time. Civ 3 caused me to buy a new computer and I just spent $300 on mem and HD upgrades on my 2.4 gig P4 to (hopefully) upgrade the performace of the game. My next two purchases will be the exp for this game and Sid Meier's Railroad looking forward to discussing play of this great game with the people here.

Hi, I`ve been lurking here quite a lot since civIV came out, I played the versions 2-4 (really liked them, even though I`m not very good at either).

About myself: I`m female, turning eighteen tomorrow, I live near Berlin and am in twelfth grade of school.
I found really good civIV tips on this site, but what made me finally decide to join was the OT-thread :) Hope to see ya there!

It is funny how one can get addicted to these games. I thought I was happy with Civ III Conquests, but just had to try Civ IV. Going back just isn't the same. Only have two wishes: 1) Wish the playing area was bigger but understand why it is the way it is (graphics being different ....and quite attractive too) and 2) wish I could figure out how to make the mods work. I have downloaded and started the patch with ease, but the mods ware a different story.

I am 54 and a lab supervisor from Waukegan. My playing time is limited and so it probably isn't fair to ask someone to play on-line. Also, I'm not that good. Noble so far is what I am working with. And diplomatic or cultural the current modes.
I'm also not to keen on spending time on-line just to provide a smarter player with an easy civilization to get rid of on the way to the top. Allies would be nice, but then you really have to have the time.

We are lucky, though, that with all the mods being made some of us can wait till the add-ons are cheaper before we buy them--though we sure know that ultimately we will give into our addiction and get them too!

Happy gaming!

Nom.

Hi everybody

At last I got myself together to become a member. I've been browsing this site for a while now, actually since I first noticed C-IV was on the steps. Some of you might find my name a bit strange, but it was the first thing on my mind when I saw how many points some of you got in the GOTM. This is the only thing I still don't have an answer for. How is the victory points calculated when you win a game...?:confused:

Anyways... I'm looking foreward to using my new membership, and just wanted to say hello right away.:)

My first reply!
The story of how I got in to civ is a bit -- weird.
Once upon a time I was at a supermarket. Then I saw the path to enlightenment... A cardboard display chock full of games for 4.99. Then I saw it. CIVILIZATION II! I had heard of it somewhere. So I decided to get it. And that's how it came to be. And then I found this place!

Top Bottom