Welcome New Members

Greetings, everyone!

I've been a fan of 4X games since the time Empire was released for MS-DOS, hopped onto Colonization and Civ I and haven't looked back since. SMAC still remains my favourite simply for its flavour.

Greetings
Actually registered a few weeks ago but have barely posted so I guess I can also present myself

I started with Civ one when I was at high school (civ ii was already out but my pc was not strong enough to run it), and played quite a bit and Civ I/II and other 4X games (Master of Orion and Master of Magic in particular) before getting more addicted to paradox games.
Played only a little bit of III and IV and didn't played V at all, and actually stopped playing 4X games for a long while, but last year started again, this time in my iPad, and since January started playing quite a bit of VI (also some of Revolutions II)

Hi !
i'm Aryan ; a Telecommunication Engineer from Iran . back in school my friend introduced me to Civ 4 (it was just released at the time) and i got addicted to it ever since . after civ 6 came out , i didn't like it so i continued to playing civ5 brave new world till i found out about all the new features in "Rise & Fall" which changed my mind and now i play it all the time . i only play Earth maps , i have played so many Random maps before but i didn't like any of them . lately i've been making more accurate earth maps through World builder and i'm here to share those with others . i've played so many earth maps that i can detect where on earth i am at the very beginning of my games without moving any one of my units in any map size (LOL)

Hello, I'm:
  • playing since Civ1, in the early 90ies on my 80286.
  • visiting this site since Civ4.
  • subscribed now at Civ6.
  • curious what the future of Civ will bring ...
Warm Regards to all you Civ Fanatics out there !

G'day everyone.
Long time Civ player who has been viewing/reading the civfanatic forum for a few years, but never thought I was fanatical enough.
I have been playing the game since the days of Civ1 in the early 1990's and have religiously purchased every update since, although I no longer have Civ1 or Civ2.
I'm really interested to see how Civ6 is going to develop with the new expansion coming out in February. The idea of dams and canals is quite exciting.
I really hope New Zealand is added, because then I can start an antipodean war and finally wipe out the All Blacks.:lol:

hi Ive been playing civ II I'm an experienced player but not a particularly good one,I'm trying to raise my game so I hope people dont mind dumb/newbie type questions.Currently playing Civ 5 until I have a computer fit for Civ 6

Well hey.

Name's Carl, I've been a functional Civ addict since 2008 but played bits since Civ II. I've been lurking on this site for years (it's an incredible strategy resource) so I figured I'd finally make it official and create an account. Baba yetu, etc etc.

Hi everyone.I am from India.I just finished my school.Coming from a Country with very interesting history hooked me with these type of Games.I started recently playing Civ 6 then I played Rise and Fall.I liked this game because I like to imagine human history as a movie and Civ make it possible.I aspire to be a diplomat/Civil servant so that I can play civ in real world.I really like civfanatics as apart from game I get to know what common people around world think about different nations.

Hi, I'm a new member and I've just started playing Civ 6 heavily, I'm not yet any good and will be asking newbie questions as I make the transition from Civ 5, I'll try to search the forum for answers before asking them,I'm particularly struggling with city management at the moment

hello! a player since 2017(civ v) here, and a civ 6 player since 2018 and im really in love with the series to the point where i convinced 6 of my firends to buy it and bought the game for another 2.

really proud to be part of this community!

Hey all!

Thought I’d introduce myself here too!

I’ve lurked the forums for a few years and really enjoyed reading the opinions of other people. It’s amazing to see the intelligence and passion of the Civ playerbase and it seems much nicer than your average “fan base”

I started with Civ V but really got hooked on Civ VI. Play Multiplayer mostly, and usually witb friends but do enjoy some AI games too (usually on Emporer or Immortal if I’m feeling adventurous).

Nice to meet you all, and thanks for giving me stuff to read on the bus to work.

Edit: As a fun introductory fact, I’m Scottish and live in Edinburgh but I’ve yet to play Robert the Bruce. Guilt!

Welcome aboard.

FYI, my daughter graduated from the Univ. of Edinburgh a few years ago. Nice excuse to spend way too much time visiting her over 4 years.

Welcome aboard.

FYI, my daughter graduated from the Univ. of Edinburgh a few years ago. Nice excuse to spend way too much time visiting her over 4 years.

Ah thanks!

That’s a fantastic uni and a lovely part of Edinburgh too.

I’m gonna get a game in as Robert today. Endure those bagpipes haha. (My dad plays them so I have some pretty irate memories of his practices in the room next to mine!!!)

Ah thanks!

That’s a fantastic uni and a lovely part of Edinburgh too.

I’m gonna get a game in as Robert today. Endure those bagpipes haha. (My dad plays them so I have some pretty irate memories of his practices in the room next to mine!!!)

Shame on you.
I used to live in North Berwick (not so far away) and have never managed to play a full game as Robert either, yet at least.

Shame on you.
I used to live in North Berwick (not so far away) and have never managed to play a full game as Robert either, yet at least.
I live about 30 minutes from North Berwick, it’s a really lovely town!!!

Also an area that makes you appreciate golf course spam. 1 per city. Hah, I want 4 or 5 golf courses per city.

Greetings! :) I am from Greece. Civ 6 is the only civ game i have and have ever played. My experience with the game goes back to just slightly more than 1 month and i am loving it so far!

Edit: As a fun introductory fact, I’m Scottish and live in Edinburgh but I’ve yet to play Robert the Bruce. Guilt!
Well, i've yet to play either of the 2 greek leaders! XD

Hello all, just joined the forums today. I've tried Civ many times over the years but for some reason Civ 6 is the first one that's got its hooks in me. I think there's something about the boost system that gave me enough focus at the start to have something to optimise rather than feel like I had absolutely no clue and overwhelmed all the time!

Or maybe I just put a bit more effort in this time to learning the basics. it's not the easiest game to get over the initial learning curve.

Anyway, I'm finally well and truly hooked. Look forward to asking many questions here.

Hello there. I've been playing Civilization since Civ I (lots of years ago). I have joined these forums because I am having some problems playing Civ 6 Anno Domini.

I'm from Spain and I am 44 years old. Nice to meet you all.

Update: I have begun to dwell into the depths of ModBuddy. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom