Welcome New Members

Hello all! I'm a freedom loving patriot who's relatively new to the civ series. I love some good storyline/lore and really enjoy the "history sim" side of the game. Strategy comes second to creating a great story, but I'm not terrible at the game either (Emperor difficulty). Looking forward to spending time here!

Hello all! I'm a freedom loving patriot who's relatively new to the civ series. I love some good storyline/lore and really enjoy the "history sim" side of the game. Strategy comes second to creating a great story, but I'm not terrible at the game either (Emperor difficulty). Looking forward to spending time here!
Welcome, friend! We hope you enjoy your time here. :D

Greetings fellow gamers!

I've been using the threads of this amazing forums for a while but I never created an account before (shame on me!).

Civ 6 is by far my most played game on Steam and I can't get enough of it. I think you all do an amazing job and I want to be a part of it.

I'm happy to join you all and I'm looking forward to all the good discussions!

Ciao and don't put pineapple on pizza!
Topper

Last edited:
Greetings fellow gamers!

I've been using the threads of this amazing forums for a while but I never created an account before (shame on me!).

Civ 6 is by far my most played game on Steam and I can't get enough of it. I think you all do an amazing job and I want to be a part of it.

I'm happy to join you all and I'm looking forward to all the good discussions!

Ciao and don't put pinafore on pizza!
Topper
Welcome, Topper! We hope you enjoy your time here. :D

Last edited:
Hi friends, I'm new here, I just want to say that I'm very excited about so many mods and with the amount of passion this community of the game has! I'm looking for someone to help me if he can, I want to translate some mods I've met (I'm brazilian), but I don't know not even how to start, but I'm willing to learn. I appreciate any response!

Hi friends, I'm new here, I just want to say that I'm very excited about so many mods and with the amount of passion this community of the game has! I'm looking for someone to help me if he can, I want to translate some mods I've met (I'm brazilian), but I don't know not even how to start, but I'm willing to learn. I appreciate any response!
Welcome to the forums, friend! :D

Also, about your request: Since you're Brazilian, would someone who knows Portuguese be sufficient to help you translate? DM me if this would work, because I know someone who can help.

Welcome to the forums, friend! :D

Also, about your request: Since you're Brazilian, would someone who knows Portuguese be sufficient to help you translate? DM me if this would work, because I know someone who can help.
My problem is that I don't know about modification and how I would translate the texts of mods in English, for example, I installed a mod from a new Roman civilization (from Sukritact) but I would like to translate it, I found the text files and translated it to Portuguese all dialogues and texts, but I don't know how to proceed with them translated, I would love to learn how to do it, to be able to translate other mods as well and, if possible, make the translations available to the community. I know it's annoying to say that I don't know anything about modifications and I'm still asking for help, sorry about that, but any guidance you can give me to even start looking to learn for myself will be a great help.

My problem is that I don't know about modification and how I would translate the texts of mods in English, for example, I installed a mod from a new Roman civilization (from Sukritact) but I would like to translate it, I found the text files and translated it to Portuguese all dialogues and texts, but I don't know how to proceed with them translated, I would love to learn how to do it, to be able to translate other mods as well and, if possible, make the translations available to the community. I know it's annoying to say that I don't know anything about modifications and I'm still asking for help, sorry about that, but any guidance you can give me to even start looking to learn for myself will be a great help.
Ooohhh... Apologies, but I'm no modder and don't know anything about modding or computer programming, so I can't help you with that. :p However, try this person. @raen They might be able to help you.

Not precisely a new member, but I had an account here *ages* ago and the email it was tied to is long since dead, as is my memory of the password, so I'm starting fresh, having recently gotten back into Civ after picking up the two expansions for VI.
Welcome back to the fold, friend. :D

Hey everyone,

Lurked here for a few months before making an account. Relatively new civ player, only been into the series/pc gaming in general for a little over a year. Excited to formally be a part of the forums!
Welcome! :D

Hello everyone,

big fan of civ 6 here. I'm compelled to share with you all the alternative histories that I create with this game. I've had the game for a bit and I've been meaning to be a member for quite some time. I'm actually Native American and I think this ironically has lots to do with why I love this game so much and why I want to share my perspectives.

I'm quite aware people might be challenged by the idea someone of Native American ancestry enjoys such a game with themes of Western cultural/colonial hegemony. From my perspective, I ask myself: Why shouldn't Native Americans learn and benefit from ideas and people around the world? What if the mainstream critical view of colonialism is holding us back, the Native American people? This game has helped me envision many inspirational scenarios.

Without this game, I don't believe I would view society, the human race, and civilization, as such a grand work of art that one contributes to, that one contributes their verse to, to make it the most meaningful, worthwhile, and timeless.

I look forward to sharing my civilization 6 timeline accounts with you all!

An old mod I’ve been helping with, ‟We The People” based on Civilization IV Colonization, has recently seen a lot of posts about Native features in the game.

The mod started back in 2013 with TAC, The Authentic Colonization, which expanded to include unflattering features of colonization which, I’m sure you know, are many. It’s grown over the years and evolved, first into Religion and Revolution and now into We The People.

Playability has always been paramount but text, both dialogue and description, comes in for a lot of discussion. The way the original was coded make it an especially good game to mod.

Most of the modders and players are European. They’ve been discussing the Indigenous aspect in the forum and on Discord but it’s likely your opinion is more informed. Native leaders are caricatured, but no worse than the European ones. You might like it. You might not. I leave that decision up to you.

If you’re interested scroll down the Civ Fan Forum to Civ4 – Colonization and open Civ4Col - Creation & Customization. In Civ4Col - Project & Mod Development open Civ4Col - We The People. After that you can look at anything you like.

Top Bottom