Welcome to Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World (Revived again)

A small issue: Suppiluliuma's diplo text is a placeholder
upload_2022-4-23_11-30-21.png

upload_2022-4-23_11-38-51.png

There's a random tile 1 south of the copper in the Indus Valley that isn't part of any province. Excited to settle there and see if it flips to Persia lol

In the 900 BC scenario, does the Zoroastrian holy city automatically move when the Persians spawn? I founded Zoroastrianism as Athens (thanks to the Oracle) but realized I don't have the holy city anymore now that Persia has spawned...

Disregarding my additional two months of inactivity... I have resumed development on the merge, so here's a status report:
I've managed to import all the RFGW XML files, and the main screen loads. Civilization selection works as well, but looks like I still messed up something XML-wise as starting a new game results in a CtD. I'll have to investigate.

Hey great to hear from you @bluepotato!
I'm also pretty busy, but I do want to get those darn UHVs finished. Once they are done I can consider RFGW to be relatively complete, at least compared to most of the other main Rhyse and Fall mods like Asia, Classical World, Europe, etc. However until they are complete they will forever be mocking me for failing to help this mod take those last few steps to the finish line!
Though I will likely have more time in the summer, I could start working on them sooner or later depending on when you may be semi-active on the site. As much as I would like to back my coding skill, there is a 99.99% probability I will run into coding issue I can't resolve when trying to complete the UHVs!
For now it looks like I too will have time this summer, so I'd be glad to help anytime from now on :)

A small issue: Suppiluliuma's diplo text is a placeholder
I remember going through these diplo text placeholders at one point, but I think I got tired halfway through and then I just left them like that. Onto the todo list it goes.

There's a random tile 1 south of the copper in the Indus Valley that isn't part of any province. Excited to settle there and see if it flips to Persia lol
Oops, not sure how I overlooked that.

In the 900 BC scenario, does the Zoroastrian holy city automatically move when the Persians spawn? I founded Zoroastrianism as Athens (thanks to the Oracle) but realized I don't have the holy city anymore now that Persia has spawned...
That's most likely a bug as well. Do you still have a savefile?

Here are two saves. In the first, Thebes is the Zoroastrian holy city. In the second, Persepolis now has the holy city. I worked hard for that religion damnit! XD

Attachments

• ThebesZoroHoly.CivBeyondSwordSave
    186.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PersiaSpawn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    187.4 KB · Views: 23
Here are two saves. In the first, Thebes is the Zoroastrian holy city. In the second, Persepolis now has the holy city. I worked hard for that religion damnit! XD
I've taken a look at it and it seems to be a bug in holy city relocation. Originally I think I wanted to make it so holy cities could only be moved to cities that have a matching state religion. However, the way I implemented it also means the holy city is automatically moved whenever it is located in a city whose owner doesn't have the same state religion, which doesn't make that much sense (and looking back on my previous posts, I never mentioned it either.) So I assume it's a bug; fixed, thanks for reporting.

I'm going to try start working on the UHVs tomorrow. Hopefully I can remember how to code, its been so long!

Have started working on Etruscan UHVs.

@bluepotato noticed a minor error. Assyria is founding 2 Nineveh's because of different spellings of the name.

upload_2022-7-2_1-17-54.png

Also: TXT_KEY_RELIGION_BAALITE

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-2_1-17-58.png
    upload_2022-7-2_1-17-58.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • upload_2022-7-2_1-18-1.png
    upload_2022-7-2_1-18-1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Why didn't the Hellenistic holy city get moved to Sparta when Thebes got razed?

Attachments

• Pericles BC-0440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    257.5 KB · Views: 19
RFGW 2.1 released! It's basically @EdmundIronside's new UHVs and the (very) few changes (mostly bugfixes) I've made in the... *checks date* uh, last two years. Well, it's more progress than no progress :p
It can be downloaded here.
Spoiler Changelog :
Additions:
Etruscan UHV
Persian UHV
Nubian UHV

General changes:
Holy cities are no longer moved to cities owned by civilizations without the appropriate state religion
Improved Nubian city name map
Some changes to Nubian terrain
Removed Troy from the 900 BC scenario

Fixes:
Various minor text display fixes
Removed useless Ambush promotion
Fixed a C++ bug in the Mycenaean UHV

Pressed "Examine City" as the Sassanids and got this error. Couldn't clear it by pressing "ok" repeatedly

Attachments

• ExamineCitySassanids.docx
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Top Bottom