1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by Rhye, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Barbarians and Stability should be big problems for the mega empires. So I guess basically survival and trying to hold on/complete UHV's.

2. King Coltrane

King Coltrane King

for me the interesting part will be the Bronze Age. IMO this era NEVER receives the attention it deserves, whether in real life, computer games, or Civ. I think you could have a tremendously dynamic game if you include the Mycenaeans, Minoans, Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites, Sumerian city states, Elam, and many many others. There would be trade, diplomacy, embargoes, huge tech advances, massive battles, many wonders, etc. If you include invasions like the Hurrians, Hyksos, Aramaeans, Phrygians, etc. as well as the SEA PEOPLES you get a cataclysmic era to prepare for and weather if possible... (sorry, this is my area of expertise), but I think a fun part of this mod could be rebuilding after the "dark age" of 1200-800 or so (these dates are never set and some scholars dont believe there actually was a dark age at all) With the established Philistines, Neo-Hittites, and others, certain civs could make this into a scenario akin to Plotinus's Rood and the Dragon for Civ3, about the establishment of Anglo-Saxon culture on a Romanized island.

ANYWAY! I'm ranting... I would love to help in any way i can (which is mostly information, suggestions, and playtesting). this seems fantastic Rhye. I applaud your decision!

3. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

Similar to the 500 year period between Turkey and America in RFC? It's an expansion era, when the strong civs are actively colonising or conquering to increase the sizes of their empires, while the weak civs stagnate and collapse. In Greek World, though, there will be fewer hegemons (Rome, Persia, Carthage, perhaps one of the Greek states). But it's a big map and these guys have a lot to do.

4. ZachScape

ZachScape King

You convinced me. Thank you!

BTW, is my avatar a bit of a downer. I don't like its frown... I can always add OP or IH as a new avatar.

5. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

It's a bit dour as a symbol for the protagonists, isn't it? I imagine anyone who knows what Transformers is won't be put off.

6. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

All hail the Benevolent Dictator For Life

7. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

How about adding a playable barbarian civ to the mix, Goths for instance?

EDIT: nevermind, Q&A in the Civs discussion thread...

8. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I'm a bit confused, if there isen't any specific concentration on the Greeks why is it called Rhye's and fall of the Greek World when this game out lasts them shoulden't it be called "Rhye's and Fall of the Ancient Mediteranean"?

9. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Well I suppose the most obvious feature at first glance is the map, which, being based on Hecateus', very much shows a Hellenocentric "Greek World". Besides, RFTAM is a bit too similar to TAM :p

10. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

If I had to suggest a name, it would be RFC: Classical Antiquity

11. The Turk

The Turk Deity

YES! that's a perfect name!:)

12. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

13. Firehazurd

Firehazurd Chieftain

Is this project still in progress? I'd like to help if you need any. I can provide art assets if you need them.

14. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

Art is one of the areas we got stuck on. What kinds of things are you thinking about?

15. Firehazurd

Firehazurd Chieftain

It's been a while since I worked on Civ4. I was working on a custom leaderhead project... but I hit a dead end where I couldn't figure out basically the last problem standing in the way of animating it.

The trade may have progressed far enough to allow me to break through the barrier. It has been some time though, so I would probably be kind of slow starting.

I've also wanted to explore custom unit art. Of course static art like resources and buildings is all cake

Why don't you let me know of a couple of simple things you are looking for and I'll get my feet wet.

16. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

17. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Does it mean that work is really in progress?

18. Firehazurd

Firehazurd Chieftain

I will take a look and see what I can do.

19. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

corovan, unless someone is doing something in secret, what you see is what you get. If you'd like to help, there are lots of places to jump in.

Thanks, Firehazurd.