WH Mini-Mods

ive decided im not going to put Slaanesh spells into patch 'b'. i cant find suitable buttons and some of the spells are playing up. ill do some more civilopedia entries and upload the files. you can probably expect it by wednesday (australian time:p)

Did I do the right thing by exteracting in the BtS directory, thereby overwriting the WH dir?

YEP. reinstalled and worked. (some errors)
Spoiler :

tag: EFFECT_FROST_RING ... something

Tag: 0 in Info class was Incorrect (xml\Units\CIV4SpellInfos.xml) (3x)

I post this map here, but a "b" version will be needed after next patch. (To make Loren Magic a starting tech for Wood Elves.)

1. Fixed "Kingdoms of Nehekharas" missing starting city.
2. Fixed some unworkable resources workable.

This is Solwens map. I take no credit for it. Just put the map in your PublicMaps folder. :goodjob:

Attachments

• WarhammerWorld v1.03a.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 70
Thanks man, this will stop me having to enter world builder each game to sort Khemri out ;)

Also I know we arn't really in the balance stage at the moment but the Khemri seem very overpowered their capital can spam out setllers in 4 turns and worriors and workers in one, plus you have so much gold and research you seen leave everyone but the Skaven in the dust.

i think it must bee the floodplains and the gold resources. although this fits nicely with the Khemri full becuase Khemri was the first human empire, and they had a very LARGE empire. do they remain unbalanced the whole game? of do some civs catch up?

Other civs dont really catch up, I thought if cottages were not allowed on flood plains and more resources were given to khemri, then they would be rich at the beggining with very fast growth, but wouldn't have the same long term investment as civs in grassland.

If your rebalancing for the Rhye style part of the mod... dont bother XD

Im going to have to completely dig around to fix everything because of the staggared starts.

However if you want to get the normal map working better feel free ill just work of whatever is the map of best fit if you will...

How about a frequent floodplains flooding event?
destroys improvements.
If frequent enough, building villages in floodplains would be rather less profitable.

thats a brilliant idea... absolutely brilliant... the same could be applied to some civs building on terrain not favoured as a way of limiting expansion...

hmmm .... give me some time to think on this i have some ideas that might be abit more dynamic that just banning or preprogamming AI with regards to civ growth.

'Patch b' is up for download.

if you have already downloaded Version 1.1 and 'patch a' just DL 'patch b' it should work fine.

if you have not downloaded any of the spells mod before, please DL Version 1.1 and BOTH patches or it will not work:)

'patch b' changelog (will break Saved Games)
Spoiler :

Fixed Errors:
1. Fixed a python acception with the Caress of Laniph spell.
2. Fixed the Jade 1 spell "Father of Thorns" which always miscasted.
3. Fixed the Jade 2 spell "Master of the Wood" it actually creates a forest now.

Changes:
1. Changed the spell Mistress of the Marsh, to also change Marsh to grass.
2. Changed the Dwarf Promotion to add +25% attack and defence in hills and +1 defence as opposed to double movement.
3. Changed the Elf promotion to add 1 extra first strike, 5% chance to withdraw, and 1 attack and 1 movement.

New Additions:
1.Added the Asur Promotion (to become avaliable to HE units and replace the Elf Promotion via trait) add 2 extra first strike, and 1 attack and defence and 1 movement.
2.Added the Asrai Promotion (to become avaliable to WE units and replace the Elf Promotion via trait) add 1 extra first strike, +20% attack and defence in forests and double movement in forests and +1 defence and 1 movement.
3.Added the Druchii Promotion (to become avaliable to DE units and replace the Elf Promotion via trait) add 1 extra first strike, and +1 attack, and 25% chance of enslaving enemy units and 1 movement.

4. Added WE specific tech "Loren Magic" (Thanks Locust! (sorry about the mix up :p))

5. Added (10) Tzeentch Spells:
-Blue Fire of Tzeentch
-The Bolt of Change
-Boon of Tzeentch
-Touch of Tzeentch
-Glean Magic
-Incandescent Assassin
-Sheild of Fire
-Gift of Chaos
-Tzeentch's Firestorm
-Pink Fire of Tzeentch
6. Added Promotion 'Blue Fire of Tzeentch'
7. Added 'Immolated' promotion
8. Added 'Magic Enhancement' Promotion
9. Added 'Pink Fire of Tzeentch' Promotion
10. Added 'Boon of Tzeentch' Promotion
11. Added 'Touch of Tzeentch' Promotion
12. Added 'Incandescent Assassin' Unit

13. Added Nurgle Spells:
-Cloud of Flies
-Plague Wind
-Stentch of Nurgle
-Stream of Corruption
-Rancid Visitation
-Miasma of Pestilence
-Pillar of Putrification
-The Shriveling Pox
14. Added 'Cloud of Flies' Promotion
15. Added 'Nauseated' Promotion
16. Added 'Decaying' Promotion

17. Added Loren Spell casters:
-Asrai prophetess
-Spellsinger
-Spellweaver

18. Added placeholder buttons for all the spell casters.

19. added High Magic spells and Dark Magic spells pedia entries.

Thank you for your great work!
I also decided to dedicate myself to help.
Now I learned a bit about creating wbs from bmp with python (really easy with that converter), also I installed the Blender and tried it, not so bad... Now it's time to decide what do I want to start from.
I think making missing icons is the first nice and not-so-hard step (in comparison with python programming, I learned python just a bit when I modded the Mount&Blade game).
Now I'll search for the info in tutorial forums, but if you can answer me faster than I find - which file type and format these troop/wonders/spells icons should be?
Also if you need some help, you're free to ask!
[EDIT] Nwm. DDS 64x64 pixels at 200 pixels/inch, that's just nice, I'm going to find an editor to make these .dds (or to convert). So, which kind of unit buttons do you need first? It will be a pity to make the same buttons with someone else.

Standard map. To use with standard Warhammer Mod.

Magic version. To use with Magic MiniMod.

1. Tuned down Settras starting city a bit.
2. Added Loren Magic to Woodelves.

Still, this is Solwens map. :goodjob: Unzip them to BTS PublicMaps folder.

Attachments

• Maps.zip
    108 KB · Views: 160
Great! thanks for the offer Deon!

if you like you can start making buttons of all the units in the game that have their own art. make a screenshot of the units and put them in a button so the buttons are the same as the units. only do this for units that look unique, like the Woodelf units, or the Estalian units etc, but not lizardmen of skaven as they dont have unique art yet :) and of corse, all the buttons that have the black placeholders need to go :p.

a good tutorial for buttons and the like is THIS ONE by Charcole. scroll down untill you see the buttons section. its fairly strait forward :)

Thanks for the map update Locust! can you please link it to the maps thread so all maps are together? thanks ;)

im not sure what you did, but your overwrites seem to have scrubbed the models and civilopedia entry for the basic Militia Swordsmen Regiment. when i built it i got a number of pink globes. and yea i -did- follow the extraction directions one after the other after the other.

im not sure if this has effected the civ specific militia regimentary models, like the asur.

first off, Welcome to Civ Fanatics Haerzog :wavey:

thanks for the bug report, but i just checked the militia swordsman regiment, and they all appear fine, as is the spearmen and archers. which civ were you playing as?

Great! thanks for the offer Deon!

if you like you can start making buttons of all the units in the game that have their own art. make a screenshot of the units and put them in a button so the buttons are the same as the units. only do this for units that look unique, like the Woodelf units, or the Estalian units etc, but not lizardmen of skaven as they dont have unique art yet :) and of corse, all the buttons that have the black placeholders need to go :p.

a good tutorial for buttons and the like is THIS ONE by Charcole. scroll down untill you see the buttons section. its fairly strait forward :)

Thanks for the map update Locust! can you please link it to the maps thread so all maps are together? thanks ;)
Before I start making buttons - is your offer a great idea? To use in-game graphics? Because I looked at the goblin clans' units, like wolf chariot or wolf riders, and they have very nice art, ART, not the capture of their 3d model. Maybe it's better to keep this style and make all the units have artistic icons in the WH style, don't U think so? I already found some for goblin worker, death knights, goblin spearmen and a nice picture of a hobgoblin khan/leader (maybe UU?).

Top Bottom