• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What additional civilizations would you like to see in Civilization V

What additional civilizations would you like to see in Civilization V?

• Total voters
Actually its the other way around (I should have specified), And now that I think about it Argentina would be better with orange/gold symbol and border with sky blue as a background/main, you were right.

Nubia would be an inverse of Sweden.

Isn't Egypt the inverse of Sweden? I see where you're coming from though, Nubia needs yellow/gold as its main color. My list of civs would be
Argentina
Nubia
Kongo
Mughals
Hungary
Vietnam
Israel
Khazars
Cherokee (or a different NA civ)
I feel this list solidly represents most of the remaining civs that are important, representing a diverse group of regions/cultures, and there are plenty of good female leader choices. (Nzinga, Eva Peron, Trung Trac, etc.) Some people want Bulgaria, Gran Colombia, and Swahili, but I find that they all fall short a little.

True, and it would probably be a different shade of yellow anyway. That would be an appropriate color scheme for Nubia.
:)
To go into specifics you could have Queen Tiye as the leader and Meroe as the capital.
I think it could be a really fun civ to play as, being the forgotten stepchild in comparison to egypt.

Tibet :(

If they made another expansion, they could theoretically have more female leaders than male in it. Is Queen Tiye notable enough to be a leader? I'm a little behind on Nubian history.

Posted this in BNW section, but it deserves a mention here.

Notice a gaping hole?

It's the only truly major hole left.

We need a Kongo (or related civ) to represent this area. Let's make it happen!

Ah, and I see we already have 130 votes for Kongo as well. That's good

I think that if the devs do make a third expansion, and they also add in fan civs like they did with civs like Poland, Brazil, or Indonesia in BNW, then Kongo is definitely near the top if not the top of the civs that would get in.

I think that if the devs do make a third expansion, and they also add in fan civs like they did with civs like Poland, Brazil, or Indonesia in BNW, then Kongo is definitely near the top if not the top of the civs that would get in.

No doubt. Even if there's no expansion, a Kongo DLC would sell really well because you see them get mentioned elsewhere as well (in places like Reddit, 2K, Facebook, etc)

I wonder why they are so popular for such an out-of-market civ. Were they in a previous civ game? (I never played them so I don't know)

No doubt. Even if there's no expansion, a Kongo DLC would sell really well because you see them get mentioned elsewhere as well (in places like Reddit, 2K, Facebook, etc)

I wonder why they are so popular for such an out-of-market civ. Were they in a previous civ game? (I never played them so I don't know)

They've never been in a civ game before. I dunno why they're popular here, though. I guess it's just fans hopping on a bandwagon (for a good reason), particularly those who don't know as mcuh about Africa.

Surprised the Swahili culture doesn't get more discussion.

I would wager that they too would sell well

Not to mention that there's a decent chance the average person has heard of "Swahili" even though they don't even know what it means.

Not to mention the Lion King was full of Swahili references.

If they made another expansion, they could theoretically have more female leaders than male in it. Is Queen Tiye notable enough to be a leader? I'm a little behind on Nubian history.
Yes. She was pretty famous and the most likely candidate for a leader as far as I know, her husband was Amenhotep III just for reference.
I feel that the Kongo should be represented as well, they took up a big chunk of Africa and were a major empire.

With all of the talk of Kongo and Swahili, I'm a little surprised that the Ashanti Empire doesn't get more discussion. They were a major subsaharan power that won multiple battles with the British, which already propels them ahead of the Zulu's principle reason for existing.

With all of the talk of Kongo and Swahili, I'm a little surprised that the Ashanti Empire doesn't get more discussion. They were a major subsaharan power that won multiple battles with the British, which already propels them ahead of the Zulu's principle reason for existing.
I never did think of them. But you're right, they were pretty major.:)

Plus, the Ashanti were interesting for many other reasons besides going to war, which is an even more significant advantage over the Zulu to me. I've been loudly beating the Ashanti Talking Drum for a while now, but they don't have the name recognition of a Kongo, even if some of the people are thinking of the wrong [C]ongo. I hope Kumasi is a CS in BNW at least.

Plus, the Ashanti were interesting for many other reasons besides going to war, which is an even more significant advantage over the Zulu to me. I've been loudly beating the Ashanti Talking Drum for a while now, but they don't have the name recognition of a Kongo, even if some of the people are thinking of the wrong [C]ongo. I hope Kumasi is a CS in BNW at least.
Let's make some noise.:goodjob:

I would love Ashanti much more than Kongo, actually

Edit: But I don't know...Kongo is really sweet. I'd have to learn more about them. No doubt in the process I'd fall in love with something else as well

I think the Ashanti have more generally interesting leaders, including a great female choice in Yaa Asantewaa, and they have some stuff that is iconic for Africa and to a lot of people of the African Diaspora as well (Kente cloth, for instance, gets represented pretty frequently in Black American culture).

Kongo would be great too, and given their longevity, it's hard to deny their relevance, but they are somewhat less interesting to me - their culture became so syncretized via their contact with the Portuguese and their leaders took after their European counterparts in a way that prefigured Africa's future colonization. The Ashanti developed a unique tradition of spiritual nationalism that basically remains in place today, and the Asantehene is still a relevant leader of a distinct Ashanti state (within Ghana) who directly descends from the original founders of the empire.

That said, since this is just our own fantasy, it doesn't have be zero-sum. They'd both be great choices, among others.

Top Bottom