• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What are you going to do after dollar's collapse?

If you are just waiting, then you are already dead.

Well, by waiting, I mean "do interesting stuff but otherwise wait until you become 100 and the plot kills you".

Wait two years. The Democrats get a very similar similar map to the one the Republicans had in 2014. They have little chance to get the House, but the Senate is doable. Interestingly, Harry Reid may be the most vulnerable Senate Democrat.

Of course, there is also a race for the Big White House.

Of course, the immenent collapse of the dollar may change that.

J

My state still doesn't have a viable contender to Harry Reid yet. Last election we had a tea partier. That worked out well.

^^I thought Harry Reid had a 5 point deficit to beat in the days coming up to the election, yet he beat it. How did that happen?

Reid wasn't up for election last year. I just checked and it looks like he's up in 2016, assuming he runs again.

Reid wasn't up for election last year. I just checked and it looks like he's up in 2016, assuming he runs again.

I was talking about the 2010 election. Sorry I was not clear.

Both Reid in Nevada and Bennett in Colorado seriously outperformed the polls in 2010.

There has been some talk of recruiting Governor Sandoval (R) to run against Reid in 2016, not sure if that's going to happen or not.

@Harv

This is when that tangent started.

The problem is that undending technological advance can be easily countered by "social progress". We should be colonizing Mars already and yet we are discussing which T-shirts should a scientist wear to placate follower of progressivist cult.

Damn, that's one hell of a tangent. 200 posts, and the last thing we're discussing is the collapse of dollar.

If only you reached Mars. They'd give you the entire Earth, plus all the available females, all for marriage!

Well obviously the lack of the collapse of the dollar led to our great moral and political degeneracy.

The dollar would have collapsed as predicted if it wasn't for those feisty feminists.
How dare you! The dollar is clearly a tool of the patriarchy! Check your fedora privilege!

Which is reminding me: The sanctions against Russia are going to aid it in the long run. The sanctioners practically have solved Russia's concern for the Dutch disease, and now Russia is on its way of diversifying the economy away from reliance on oil.

Which is reminding me: The sanctions against Russia are going to aid it in the long run. The sanctioners practically have solved Russia's concern for the Dutch disease, and now Russia is on its way of diversifying the economy away from reliance on oil.
The only thing I am not sure about if our leader and his guys are up to this challenge. But well, time will tell.

Not precisely. What's currently causing the most significant impact on Russia's economy is oil prices. And moderately low oil prices will indeed help to diversify Russian economy and solve Dutch disease in the long run. But sanctions will still hurt economies of Russia as well as the countries who imposed them.

Top Bottom