What are you watching on Youtube, right now? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she was arguing while black. Guilty.

You shouldn't have to "resist" a clearly false arrest at all. Should you?

That's not the point, the point is that if you don't cooperate with police, they might escalate. And if you are being handcuffed and you resist - it will always lead to them trying harder to handcuff you - meaning you might end up on the ground. That's just what always happens, whether the arrest is justified or not. The best thing you can do in the situation is stay calm and let them cuff you. You are not going to get out of it somehow.. If you resist it's just going to lead to more physical force from them and likely charges against you. It's not a smart thing to do, at that stage.

I conceded that the cops were likely being racially motivated in singling this woman out - but she wasn't cooperating in any way either. Stupidity all around.

The cops had no reason to handcuff her, she hadn't commited any crime which they admitted, and she had no legal reason to provide her name.

Do you have to reveal your identity to police in the US if asked? In Canada, regardless of whether or not you're suspected of a crime, that's the only information you have to reveal if they question you, as far as I know (name & address).

That's not the point, the point is that if you don't cooperate with police, they might escalate. And if you are being handcuffed and you resist - it will always lead to them trying harder to handcuff you - meaning you might end up on the ground. That's just what always happens, whether the arrest is justified or not. The best thing you can do in the situation is stay calm and let them cuff you. You are not going to get out of it somehow.. If you resist it's just going to lead to more physical force from them and likely charges against you. It's not a smart thing to do, at that stage.

I conceded that the cops were likely being racially motivated in singling this woman out - but she wasn't cooperating in any way either. Stupidity all around.
Well, yes, it is always stupid to resist arrest. But I can hardly blame the victim when she knew her rights and the cop clearly did not. Unfortunately, she apparently thought she lived in a world where a cop wouldn't physically assault a pregnant woman for no valid reason. That she could actually get him to stop after he decided to engage in criminal activity.

And, again, there was absolutely no reason for her to "cooperate" with the cop's demands when they are contrary to her rights. That is the reason why she was falsely arrested and led to her trying to resist.

So on an stupidity scale, I'd say she was a 2 and the cop was an 8. He belongs behind bars and she doesn't.

Do you have to reveal your identity to police in the US if asked? In Canada, regardless of whether or not you're suspected of a crime, that's the only information you have to reveal if they question you, as far as I know (name & address).
Not in that particular state. It is even mentioned in the video. She should have told the cop to contact his sergeant to confirm what she knew to be true, instead of trying to call someone.

But then she wouldn't have a likely successful civil lawsuit for false arrest.

You need to understand how to deal with cops, is all. Resisting is stupid, because it will never lead to anything good and will 99.999% of the time lead to an escalation on their part. The cops in this case are obviously in the wrong - but if you react in non-intelligent ways, things are not going to go well for you, even if you might be in the right. Walking away from a cop who is questioning you is also another really bad idea, especially if they are there to investigate something.

And now for something completely different

Link to video.

I'm not sure of what part of "well, yes, it is always stupid to resist arrest" still isn't clear. I completely understand how to deal with cops. But people occasionally get emotional in situations such as this.

Funny video, but why won't so many people turn their cell phones sideways?

I'm not sure of what part of "well, yes, it is always stupid to resist arrest" still isn't clear. I completely understand how to deal with cops.

That's what my initial point was, and there was continued disagreement, so I wanted to clarify my position.

^ Shadowplay:
Somehow, for what he's doing, I wish it were cleaner.

Yes, that's a personal favourite:

Spoiler :
Beam in on me baby,
and we’ll beam together

Mister Zoot Horn Rollo, hit that long lunar note,
and let it float.

Put ’em out in the sun, and when the night come
You don’t have to go out and get ’em
They’ll glow with you
They’ll go with you

Link to video.

Cause they’re on the right track
Cause they’re on the right track

Check these out, Big eyed beans from Venus
Oh, let a few out, let ’em pass in between us

Distant cousins, there’s a limited supply.
And we’re down to the dozens, and this is why…

Don’t let anything get in between us!
Big eyed beans from Venus
Big eyed beans from Venus.

Re-synch from album to concert may hurt or please your feelings.

Need a bit of help, can anyone identify the girl at the end of this video? (dont just skip it, watch the whole thing):

Link to video.

Great clip!

My guess is that she is appearing in the next Terminator flick.

warpus videos worth it videos

Wow. 34M hits. How much does that translate into real dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom