1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about Factional Forums

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by DaveShack, Apr 17, 2008.

?

How do you feel about the private faction forums?

1. They are a good idea

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Neither good nor bad

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. They are a bad idea

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I vehemently disagree with private forums.

It discourages newer players with added complexity.

2. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

The original plan of the philosophers was to create operational threads for each of the "ways", especially to facilitate the proposal to have some independent players as apprentices. I am very sad to have not seen this happen so far, even as a member of the party I am not always sure whether soe decisions are made or not. Our private forum is not all that active at all

3. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I think Shattered had a lot of personal things going on this last month, which has effected all of us. Luckily, Ballazic is getting things in order as he stated.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

If it were held in public, then there would be less chance that it could die off due to a key member being absent.

5. Bertie

Bertie Prince

Private forums may make some sense for political strategy (though I think it would be more interesting if everyone plotted out in the open; sounds unworkable, but it'd be an interesting experiment), but it's hurting gameplay IMO. Of course everyone can join the Prime Faction after each election and gain access to their clubhouse if they want to. Then in effect there'd be no more private forums . . . :cool:

6. rspeer

rspeer Spearman

As a new demogamer, I have tried and failed to use the Warlords faction's forum. It seems for some reason it's on a different server than all the other forums, and it's poorly organized and slow. Also, I would have to check messages there as well as here to keep abreast of what's going on, which would be more relevant if I could figure out which threads there were worth watching.

7. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Its quite accessible, since the posts that are highlighted, are the hot topics, the other topics are old. There is also a filter, so old posts are not shown. Since this game is in flux, stuff that were important 1 month ago or even 2 weeks ago, are not important anymore.

Most of the activity takes place in here.