1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about graphics of the game? (poll)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Makavcio, May 28, 2016.

?

On a scale 1-10, I think graphics of Civ6 is...

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. 1 - beyond redemption and I'm not buying the game because of it

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 2

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. 3 - so ugly they must have done it on purpose

21 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. 5 - as ugly as all 2K games recently, but thankfully, I don't play them for graphics

20 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. 6

32 vote(s)
    10.9%
  7. 7 - not going to the Louvre but I like it

83 vote(s)
    28.3%
  8. 8

64 vote(s)
    21.8%
  9. 9 - really fantastic and I'm positively surprised

51 vote(s)
    17.4%
  10. 10 - the new standard for quality of graphics in modern games

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. IkM

IkM King

Voted 8. Tbh, I like new graphics. I hope the new game doesn't require a new PC :/ Cartoonish graphics kinda gave me hope that maybe my PC can run Civ VI.

Btw, anyone has any idea about system requirements?

2. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

I seem to be in the minority here, but voted a 3. Still not impressed by the overly-Civ Rev style they're going for, and the gameplay video did basically nothing to change my mind (especially because of the moronic combat animations...)

3. Monado

Monado King

I went with a 3, and was being generous.

The world graphics I would have went with a 5 or 6, but the limited amount of leader screens (Roosevelt screen and Qin leader icon) so far have me incredibly worried. I seriously am at a level 1 when it comes to that aesthetic area.

The Civ 5 leaders, with their well done, animated backgrounds was a huge immersion factor to me. I was never a fan of some of the major gameplay features of 5 (global happiness as an ex.) but the leader images was an area the devs did perfectly to me. Most of the leader's in game personality was very well portrayed with help from the backgrounds.

6 looks like it is reverting badly. I am really hoping the static background on Teddy in the video was only there because the real one is still unfinished. The Civ Rev/Civ world caricature design of characters just kind of makes me feel let down. (I'm still kind of in disbelief and shock of how bad Roosevelt looks). Really, I would debate on buying it or not. I don't want to play something, in which a very important artistic area, I find absolutely repulsive.

4. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

Why isn't 5 an "average" option? What is this, Metacritic?

5. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Ar first glance it looks like the average must be around 7,7 something like that .

Good :)

6. mjs0

mjs0 The 4th X

I am delighted with the new look of the game.
    Information is king in strategy games and the level of thought that has gone into how the graphics can best be used to convey information is outstanding.

7. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I also wasn't really convinced of the art direction with the first screens, but in-game footage actually looks really good, not great, it can still use a lot of work, but it's going in a good direction.

Cities still need improving for example, but we're still 5 months away, so, we'll see.

8. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

I'm not sure I understand option 5. I've heard a lot of complaints about Civ V and more about BE, but they haven't been about the graphics. I think both these games are visually gorgeous.

As for my vote, I went with a 6. While I'm still not convinced its better than Civ V, the gameplay video dramatically improved my opinion. The initial screenshots had made me think it would be not just disappointing but actively distracting, but with the UI in place and a more reasonable zoom level this doesn't seem to be the case. The paper map fog of war also works surprisingly well. I'd still like to see the map under more conditions, especially late game, but at the point I'm cautiously optimistic.

9. Syon

Syon Chieftain

I really like the new art style, it looks clean and the UI looks modern, I also was shocked for a moment when I first saw the screenshots but after a while and especially after the gameplay video it convinced me. And they maybe even decided to take this art style because many people liked Civilization IV and it looks a lot like Civilization IV. There is however something I don't like, the improvements, they have the size of a whole city (such as a small wonder like the oracle, or what about the broadway or the sydney opera house, are they also going to take one tile or will they be regular buildings which you can only build once? But maybe the cities will be very big in the later eras and thats why the improvements now looked odd. But I love the fact that there will be cliffs, thats going to change a lot when it comes to wars. However I hope they do improve the design of the rivers, since they looked very simplified.

10. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

To be fair, people have been up in arms about the way Civ V's roads and rivers look since before that games release.

11. gunnerxtr

gunnerxtr King

I voted a 7... the rivers popped out at me as something that could be improved upon... looks more like a paved road than a natural waterway.

I was shocked by the screenshots, but held out hope that it would look better at a more zoomed out, game level distance. Looks great to me

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think you mean art style because graphics are technical things not aesthetic things. And we already had this dicussion for the past two weeks. I don't know about everyone else but I'very made my peace with it.

13. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

If we are talking about art style, I'd say it looks like a miniature golf course or theme park.

I like that every tree and blade of grass moves... but it still looks like a golf course.

14. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Voted a 7. The gameplay video (which should have been out from Day 1) pushed up my opinion a few notches.

15. nunor

nunor King

Well, I like this visual style a lot, it's clean, bright and sharp. Too much graphic realism is harmful to grand strategy gameplay, IMO.

That said, I find Roosevelt a tad too caricaturized for my taste.

16. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

voted 9 and stand by that. Glad to see that the median is much higher from what you would have suspected from going through the different threads here... silent majority? ;)

P.S.: I know - this is far from being statistically or scientifically important - Don't drop it on me, pls.

17. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

A cursory search of T.R. caricatures seem to reveal people play up his cheeks.
    We all have to be thankful they didn't go with this caricature.

Spoiler :

18. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

No, the gameplay videos with the great UI and beautiful fog effects as well as the apparently somewhat toned down terrain in it just have changed the minds of many.

The original screenshots are still very ugly. :D

19. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Was genuinely dismayed when I saw the first screenshots...then saw gameplay video and realized how much better the graphics actually are, how nice the UI is and how awesome that fog of war looks. Would just like to see a little texture to the terrain and have things more "full"; also would like to see things slightly less vibrant.

Overall though, I am pleaseed at this point and glad that my knee-jerk reaction has been upended. :)

20. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

I'd play that! :D:D:D:lol::goodjob: