What influences the education cost?

Roller123

Prince
I cant quite figure out the logic here. Apparently the cost is affected by how much time the teacher was present during the education time. However the cost still differs from town to town, even if placing both the teacher and the student at the same time.

As an experiment i took a bunch of fresh free colonists and tried them in some cities. Same guys, different cities. Cost for an Elder Statesman were 705, 750 in another, and 1150 in yet another. Same guys. Screens attached.

PS. ops, wrong forum

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 131
Cant be that since

93% rebel = 705 gold
62% = 1150
60% = 750

Also in one city the blacksmith costs a whopping 937 gold, more than a Statesman, and in another only around 375.

Ok i think im getting a clue here. It may depend from a presence of the teacher, but not during the education, but his total presence time in the town. This would explain high statesman and blacksmith cost, as IIRC they only recently relocated there in my example screens. I wonder if the amount of teachers matters...

Ok i think im getting a clue here. It may depend from a presence of the teacher, but not during the education, but his total presence time in the town. This would explain high statesman and blacksmith cost, as IIRC they only recently relocated there in my example screens. I wonder if the amount of teachers matters...

That's my experience. I've moved carpenters out of my town soon after the school/college was built, and then when the students graduate, I still see 'carpenter' offered as an expensive option.

I've had some unexpected experiences. I had two natives in a school, and according to the game one would graduate in 4 turns, the other in five turns. The turn after the first one graduated nothing happened, so I went to look and it said the second still had five turns to go!

Just as every subsequent time you put a free colonist into the same native village, the training time goes up, I suspect every time you graduate someone from a teaching instititution, the time for the next student increases. I don't care for this aspect of the game-- especially added on to the 'tuitution' I'm forced to pay for my more highly skilled graduates. If someone could point out where this is coded, and point out how to turn both aspects off, I'd be abliged!

Top Bottom