What Instrument do You Play?

What Instrument(s) do you play?

• Total voters

trumpeteer

Player of Trumpet
Since the last poll only had four options (and all brass), I decided to make my own poll with more options.

There are still some options I left off, like Acoustic Guitar and Electric Guitar, but there was no more room for them.

The Alto and Tenor Saxophone.

Keyboard and some acuistic guitar.

Electric Guitar, Keyboard, Flute, Drums, Trumpet, Violin and Bass Guitar.
My user title ain't 'musically inclined' for nothing..

Guitar. Am I the only one who sings in the shower? (BTW, no need to put electric and acoustic as separate instruments.)

Drum Set, Pitched Percussion (Steel Drums Baby), Panio, and Harmonica. Shazam

Keyboard, Trumpet, and Vocalist.

MattBrown said:
Harmonica.

Nice, I've been trying to teach myself harmonica for a few weeks now. Nothing serious, just spending a little time each day playing it (which is actually very very fun).

Any tips?

I love to sing. I play trumpet, a lil bit of acoustic, and some piano. I want to learn the saxophone though.

cgannon64 said:
Nice, I've been trying to teach myself harmonica for a few weeks now. Nothing serious, just spending a little time each day playing it (which is actually very very fun).

Any tips?

I play the chromatic harmoinica. It is a type of harmonica that has the full chromatic scale and is generally used by player who want to play classical and jazz music. The harmonica you are probobly using is one that is called a diatonic. If you're serious about learning the harmonica as a musical instrument and not as simply a brassy sound effect in your band (as it commonly is in blues, rock, & country music) I suggest you pick up a chromatic.

I'll pm you some scans I made from the book "Play the Harmonica Well" which has helped me greatly in my playing. These tips will work with either chromatic or diatonic.

what? no trumept?!? :eek: :confused: you have 2 differnt guitars, pitched percussion, euphoium, but no trumpet?!? how dare you!!!

if you haven't guessed, i play the trumpet

Viola and harmonica, and I sing.
I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by just "Strings", but I assumed you meant "any stringed instrument that wasn't already mentioned," so I picked that one. Also, why isn't there a just plain old "Other" choice? I picked "Other Woodwind" for Harmonica, but that's stretching it... :)
And since when is radio an instrument?

cgannon64 said:

Any tips?

I think if you're just starting out, get a C scale. they are easier to bend. try tilting the blowholes up to your nose to get better bending. listen to a lot of music, and practice practice. it isnt too hard :)

How dare you not include spoons?!!!!

;) I don't play an instrument (nor sing), although sometimes I wish I did.

Piano/organ/keyboards, tuned percussion, other percussion (used to march tri-toms!), bassoon, clarinet, bass clarinet, flute, voice.

Biggest regret: almost got to play bassoon (replacing tenor sax) in jazz band but couldn't find anyone else to take over on piano. You want to talk about blowing reeds--playing bassoon sax-style is really hard on them!

MattBrown said:
I think if you're just starting out, get a C scale. they are easier to bend. try tilting the blowholes up to your nose to get better bending. listen to a lot of music, and practice practice. it isnt too hard :)

Cool, I'm doing it right.

I read somewhere that the difference between someone who plays the harmonica for 20 hours and 20 years is just the number of songs they know...:)

cgannon64 said:
Cool, I'm doing it right.

I read somewhere that the difference between someone who plays the harmonica for 20 hours and 20 years is just the number of songs they know...:)

thats pretty true. You can learn the basics of Harmonica in about 6 hours if you are practicing hard. There is some more intense theory kind of stuff, but if you've played other instuments before, and can listen to music like a musician, you'll be set. Its a really fun one to play :)

Top Bottom