1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Succession Game?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Pggar, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Snaildog

Snaildog Chieftain

Just one question (don't even know if it's related): What are the 'Epics' that everyone's talking about? Thanks.

2. Padma

Padma the Absent Admin Administrator Supporter

The "Epics" are games (*similar* to our "Game of the Month") that are on the Realms Beyond Civilization site. The Realms Beyond players come here for Succession Games, so it is not surprising that their discussions sometimes involve references to the Epics. BTW, I believe anyone can play the Epics, as long as they follow the strict "no spoilers" rule over at RBC. Check with Sirian. He'll know. ;)

3. andvruss

andvruss Deity

Is there any triaing day succession games coming up recently? If so, please tell me (!) cause i would like to be a part of a regent/monarch training day succession game. If so, plz email me @ andvruss@sympatico.ca

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Are there any Emperor/Deity Training Games comming up. If So Please PM me since I am interested in Patisipating in a TDG to Rase my Difficulty Level up.

Thanks,
    CivGeneral

5. Leha

Leha ooseepoosee

IMHO , great idea :thumbsup:

6. Davidizer13

Davidizer13 Mega Warlord!

I see! Thanx! Now will there be a Succession Game league anytime soon?

7. doc mabuse

doc mabuse Warlord

Im not sure if im supposed to pose this question here but i see there is a limit to upload files via file management. What happens then? How can i post more files or how can i delete previous posted files?
    Also, i'd like to know how u can make a link to a thread in a post

8. Jurimax

Jurimax Duke of Flanders

You can delete previous attachments via the user CP, there should be a tab manage attachments.
    To post a link, you click the post hyperlink button when you're replying to a topic (with the small earth icon), then you'll get asked for a text (the part in blue with a line underneath) and afterwards you have to enter the link to the webpage (incl http://).

The easiest way is going to the thread you want to link to, selecting and copying everything in the address bar and paste it when asked for the link.

Greetz Jurimax
    PS: hope this helps

9. Zorn

Zorn Prince

If I had a idea for a SG-theme, but do not want to be the leader in my first SG ever (not to mention that I have modded my conquests.biq and woulnd`t be suitet well to generate the start save anyway) - what would be the odds to find somebody who would "host" my game?

10. Doc Tsiolkovski

Doc Tsiolkovski Deity

Zorn: To tell the truth, pretty low unless the idea is really outstanding...
    Also, it's a question of the level. You will find more participants for a Deity variant than for a Monarch game.
    The SG community is mostly a shrinking pool of veteran players today.

11. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

12. Zorn

Zorn Prince

I was thinking about something like "viking rage"

Archipel, 80% ocean
    level emperor or higher, rest standard settings

Special rules:

Every coastal city must be captured amphibiously (if possible, this rule starts after invention if we don`t use a mod).
    Every city must be destroyed. We want to burn the world, not conquer it. The only examples are cities with lighthouse or magellan.
    If we would play this with the RAR biq, we could also try to ship the workers from the destroyed cities back home and go for a 25k victory with lots of sacrificing instead.

13. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Do not be too alarmed Doc, there are a few of us 'lesser' folk who are beginning to flock to SG's. In truth, if it wasn't for Brother Bede's invitation to his training game I possibly would have never strayed to this side of the board. Thanks Bede!

In hopes of learning from the vets!

14. peter grimes

peter grimes ... Retired Moderator

Just found out about these training games... I'd love to participate in one, but I can't seem to find one. Here is my status:

Civ3 Mac
    I usually play monarch/regent (win almost every time on monarch)

I'm also currently in a DemoGame, and I'm already learning a lot there.

15. namliaM

namliaM Deity

I dont know if MAC and PC are compatible (CIV wize)

But all else is just fine...

16. peter grimes

I've been told they are not compatible, but I haven't tried myself. Send me a save if you like, and I'll let you know what happens.

17. namliaM

namliaM Deity

Just get a download from TGOTM, C3C, PC.... See if it works....

18. peter grimes

Of course. What was I thinking? I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of days.

19. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

@Peter: They are compatible, meaning you could take your mac save and I could play in with my windows os. Granted you can only play off of saves from a windows os if they are vanilla civ.

If you have any more questions about Mac civ I suggest you PM AlanH. He has always been helpful to other Mac players in the past. You'll also notice his sig even mentions Mac.

20. anaxagoras

anaxagoras King

Civ3 doesn't, however, appear to be "Cmd+Tab" friendly. Is there an easy way to switch between Civ and another program on the Mac? Should I post this in the Mac forum?