What is Purity - Dev Blog

Karl0413

Prince
If they're giving us an in depth look at an affinity, I hope they tell us about something other than its military units.

If they're giving us an in depth look at an affinity, I hope they tell us about something other than its military units.

I hope they do too, but we'll find out Friday.

I am slightly hoping that, though they are going into the more affinity oriented side, they will also look slightly into how the affinity is affected by virtues and possibly some of the technologies that we might see down the path of Purity in the technology web.

I hope they keep up with these weekly "Dev Diary", it's a nice way to keep people interested and informed. And I hope this one has some screenshots!

Looks like a miscolored pew pew lego model I used to build ages ago.

I am a fan.

Looks like firaxis still haven't put up info for purity affinity up yet.

That's because it's not Friday yet. Patience.

I personally can't wait until they give more details on Harmony ;)

Im looking forward to Supremacy, myself.

The formation-based bonuses that they're hinting at certainly allude to a very different playstyle than we see in Civ 5 as far as military goes. I'm very interested to see how they make this work.

Especially if they're dependent on tactical positioning to get enough punch to keep up, strong defensive positions in mountain and canyon choke points are going to destroy this AI, which already has difficulty negotiating obstacles, let alone doing so in a formation.

The formation-based bonuses that they're hinting at certainly allude to a very different playstyle than we see in Civ 5 as far as military goes. I'm very interested to see how they make this work.

Especially if they're dependent on tactical positioning to get enough punch to keep up, strong defensive positions in mountain and canyon choke points are going to destroy this AI, which already has difficulty negotiating obstacles, let alone doing so in a formation.

I'm more interested in the role playing possibilities. I'm imagining a technology cult that sees uploading their consciousness into a computer as the ultimate transcendence. And they want everyone to join, even if it means using force. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Well, it's up and it is about military units. Still, nice screenshots:

Wished we could have heard more about the non-military aspects but I like these screenshots. :)

Top Bottom