What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

Please don't call stuff like this proof. Yes, this looks very, very likely, but too often on this forum I see people clinging to their 'proof' for their pet civ even though it actually proves nothing.

They are the exact same colours, that isn't likely going to happen unless they took the colours from the flag. Honestly, that pretty much seals it.

Between this and Riga replacing Venice, we pretty much have our answer.

Please don't call stuff like this proof. Yes, this looks very, very likely, but too often on this forum I see people clinging to their 'proof' for their pet civ even though it actually proves nothing.

Well it's certainly not happenstance. There are millions (billions?) of colors that the modern computer monitor can reproduce.

They are the exact same colours, that isn't likely going to happen unless they took the colours from the flag. Honestly, that pretty much seals it.

Between this and Riga replacing Venice, we pretty much have our answer.
I agree; it's very likely. I just see a lot of 'probably' provided in the form of 'fact' here. The fact that you've said 'pretty much' twice in there backs me up on this.

And the final civ is most likely a native american civ to replace Pueblo. So Venice and Sioux?

"Uh, guys, we left Venice on in one of the screenshots... just in the minimap."

"Just post the thing anyways. It'd take some kinda, I dunno, fanatic or something to figure out it was Venice just off of a pair of colors."

All joking aside, while I wouldn't say Venice is "proven," if I was offered the chance to bet some money on it, I probably would, depending on payout.

Good luck trying to tell him that Laxley, I had a debate with him weeks ago on the difference between confirmed and highly probable :p

I agree; it's very likely. I just see a lot of 'probably' provided in the form of 'fact' here. The fact that you've said 'pretty much' twice in there backs me up on this.

There's very likely, then there's 'they may as well be confirmed', which is where we are at now. I'm just sick of having to spend 20 minutes talking about what I mean when I say things that sound too sure. I would go as far as saying there is no point speculating about any more European Civilizations.

And the final civ is most likely a native american civ to replace Pueblo. So Venice and Sioux?

Or Shawnee, Seminole, or Powhatan. We got a lot of possibilities for a native American civ, if it is the one.

The only alternative I could think of is that they deliberately did it to trick people looking at the screenshots. And frankly, I don't see why they'd bother doing that.

I know Phoenicia is 'ruled out' by the achievement list theory, but have we seen Tyre or Sidon yet? Just curious.

@KillerClowns, SammyKhalifa:

I don't think Firaxis means to trick anybody, and a majority of the things they reveal and release are very intentional. I'm sure they get quite a kick out of us trying to figure out their little clues. :)

I know Phoenicia is 'ruled out' by the achievement list theory, but have we seen Tyre or Sidon yet? Just curious.

Yes, we've seen Sidon.

At least we won't need to debate why they chose those colours for Venice when they choose to officially reveal them and show us the leader screens.

At least we won't need to debate why they chose those colours for Venice when they choose to officially reveal them and show us the leader screens.

Come on! You know a dozen or so people who haven't been following the forums every day will pop in to ask that question without bothering to read any of the existing threads.

Top Bottom