What is your level of addiction on Civ5?

What is your level of addiction on Civ5?

• High (newcomer to civilization series)

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • High (familiar with civilization series)

Votes: 53 20.1%
  • Medium (newcomer to civilization series)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Medium (familiar with civilization series)

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Low (newcomer to civilization series)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low (familiar with civilization series)

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • None (newcomer to civilization series)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None (familiar with civilization series)

Votes: 81 30.7%

• Total voters
I voted none btw. Look at my sig for what I play now.

What I'm finding interesting is how few new players there are. Now whilst these figures are by no means scientifically accurate, they at least give an idea as to what proportion of mainstream gamers they brought to the series by streamlining this version of the game.

I just had a thought why is the I am virtually a crack whore option not there. I mean so addicted you've lost money, work and even relationships over it. :D

What I'm finding interesting is how few new players there are. Now whilst these figures are by no means scientifically accurate, they at least give an idea as to what proportion of mainstream gamers they brought to the series by streamlining this version of the game.

No, it's just because the casual players brought in haven't found the forums yet or are still to busy playing the game:)

No, it's just because the casual players brought in haven't found the forums yet or are still to busy playing the game:)

That, and there are a lot of folks who lurk and either don't log in or don't have a log in. For instance, before I made this post there were 84 people viewing this forum, but yet less than 20 actual users in the user list at the top of the forum.

I'm sure there are lots of folks playing this game that never visit this site. Before Civ V I rarely care here except to ask a few questions now and then.

Also, it's possible that people for whom Civ5 is their first Civ game may still have put down 'familiar' rather than 'newcomer', if they felt they were familiar with the current game. :dunno:

Im not suprised to see so many votes for none and low they are split and thats not counting the droves of people that have left the board because civ 5 sucks so much.

Medium-low, familiar
Too many things to do, not enough time to do 'em. Such is life.

Yes, it's shocking that most of the people on a long-running forum dedicated to the Civ series have played the series prior to 5.

I only heard about this forum over on 2K. 2K has more people in the middle- they kinda like it, they kinda don't. This forum has more people who really love or hate it because they have expectations from a civ game.

Yeah, I think that's a major problem with civ5...it really wasn't anything like what people expected. For some people this was a good thing, but why even mess with people's expectations? Why not give it a new title? It didn't have to be named civ5 or even civrev2....they could have given it any name to show people: hey, this is going to be wildly different than any civ game you've played before!

Instead there are now a bunch of people who had their hopes up and have an empty hole where they expected satisfaction.

Moderator Action: *snip*

It used to be a pleasurable experience. Sort of like a cold beer on a hot day or a day at the beach. It was like eating at a five star restaurant. It was one of life's little pleasures.

To me it's a big tall glass of clear pure water or Vodka.
And, i love it since it tastes different than the past mix & miss chaos of overwhelming features.
IMO, too.
Some people can't let go of such gameplay familiarity while others embrace the future whatever it offers.
As usual, opinions collide on more than just facts.
Don't mind *MY* interruption.
As you can see, my own sig below isn't obvious enough -- also.

Civ V is a nice game, makes an occasionally break from Civ IV and its mods (particulary FFH). But with Civ IV around I can't see myself getting addicted to it.

I am really enjoying Civ V since the latest patch. I would say my level of addiction is high again, post-patch. Despite its flaws, and it does have flaws, I prefer V to IV by a wide margin.

Let's hope to see continued patches, expansions, and mods spurred on by constructive criticism so that Civ V reaches its full potential.

I chose None. I only check into this board occasionally to see if anything has changed in regards to Civ 5 and clearly nothing has.

PS JohnnyW -- +1 on the sig!

Sadly, I had to vote none.

I really want to like this game but I just can't.

The newest patch fixed some problems but I still find the game horribly dull.

Perhaps I can revise this once they seriously work on the crappy AI and diplomacy.

Until then, it's a virtual paperweight.

YOU'RE a virtual paperweight!

Oh snap. Sick burn. :king:

I voted low, as well.

Top Bottom