What is your major?

newfangle

hates you.
This poll is aimed at people in post-secondary education, or people entering it next year.

What are you studying?

I used to be in physics and pure math, but I've since replaced the physics with applied math.

Architecture, if you asked this two days ago, I would not have known. :)

I'll be entering college next year. Far from decided, but leaning towards a double major in economics and philosophy. Secondary considerations include math, physics, english, and political science.

Far from final decisions though, I havn't even figured out what University I'll be attending.

My original plan was to double-major in Political Science and Linguistics. Then, I decided that rather than double-majoring I would drop one of them and graduate in three years instead. So, these days, I am just a Political Science major, specializing in international relations.

I could still change, of course, but since I've already taken several classes in the major, it would represent a waste of resources.

Senior in Electrical Engineering. Aside from that possible CE from Perfection, looks like I'll be the only one so far making money. :p

Anyone can make money.

I plan on taking math right up to the Ph.D. level and then entering the private sector, hopefully as a business owner.

How successful one is at making money is often quite unrelated to what they took in university. I'm just taking math because I want to be smart as hell. :)

Perfection said:
I'm thinking about a double major in pure mathematics and chemical engineering

When I was in physics and pure math, I was a little bit annoyed over the lack of connection between the two.

You might find applied math to be much more useful and perhaps more interesting than pure, given your interest in the natural sciences. And hell, how cool would it be to solve a cracked out partial differential equation with 4 independant variables. Pure mathers can't do that, no sirrreee!

I hope to major in psychology when I go to college.

newfangle said:
You might find applied math to be much more useful and perhaps more interesting than pure, given your interest in the natural sciences.
I dunno, but I've got quite a while before I'll have to make a defninite desicion
newfangle said:
And hell, how cool would it be to solve a cracked out partial differential equation with 4 independant variables. Pure mathers can't do that, no sirrreee!
Partial differential equation with 4 independant variables, eh? Sounds like fun!

Mechanical Engineering and Psychology. But unlike you, I don't want to be smart as hell, I just want to make money. After 17 years of trying to be book smart I decided that I'd be better off applying my creativity into useful things than a Ph.D. So when I graduate I'll go into real estates, business and eventual junta leader.

Triple Major: History, Political Science, and International Studies (Concentration: Russia and Central Asia).
Triple Minor: Professional Leadership, Russian (the language), and Philosophy.

newfangle said:
I'm just taking math because I want to be smart as hell. :)

Ah, but you don't get smart by taking math, you will only succeed as a math major if you are already smart.

I'm one class away from a math minor too, BTW.

Finishing my Associates in Marine Science then going for a Batchellors in Psych.

Physics. Those bastards told me that I could get whatever job I wanted with a Physics degree. Now they tell me that 14.6% of Physics graduates at my university end up unemployed, and it's the 3rd best uni in the UK.

Anyway, I don't get what all these "majors" and "minors" are. How does that work?

Graphic arts...with a hint of web page design.

Mise, majors and minors are what you decide to be your focuses of study in college.

Telecomm Engineering.

Perfection said:
Partial differential equation with 4 independant variables, eh? Sounds like fun!
Gah ! You guys are sick and perverted ! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom