1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your quickest loss?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by marconos, Mar 11, 2008.

1. marconos

marconos Prince

So can anyone beat this one.

Difficulty Level: Chieftan
    One City Challenge
    Score: 54
    Year 3240 BC

Was destroyed by a raging Barbarian. 1st time I tried a OCC and I forgot I turned on raging barbarians. My two warriors were out scouting. I saw them coming and said, well I'm dead and just let it end.

Can anyone beat this?

Ya, ya it's a fight for the booby prize :trophy:

2. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

Don't remember the year, but I thought I had a chance to take out my nearest neighbor. His warrior got to my city before I got to his. :)

3. Catan_Settler

Catan_Settler Prince

Well I never lost that quick, but I do remember my first attempt at Monarch I found myself on an isthmus-- long stretch of crappy land ending in a dead end to the north, and what looked like the main body of the continent south. So as my scout is heading back south who do I run into but Montezuma.. I chopped out a settler and headed him over there as my scout is realizing I'm already pretty much cut off by the Aztecs. Well to make a short story even shorter, he declares war, destroys my settler, and proceeds to wipe out my capital as I had no metal yet and hadn't researched archery. I don't remember the exact date, but I know it was DAMN early cause like I said I was just about to found my second city. I ended up going back to the initial 4000 BC save to try again, but even knowing to settle faster and head towards Monty I had a hell of a time suppressing him as he kept destroying my copper mine (at the second city site). I think I tried a third time and after even that attempt failed to eliminate Monty even after spamming archers and a settler from the very beginning, I gave up and started a new game.

4. gettingfat

gettingfat Emperor

Something like 3400 BC. A barb archer event and my budding empire wiped off from the map.

5. paydro

paydro Warlord

Ditto.

(10characters)

6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Can't remember the exact date but same random event prior to 3000BC

7. marconos

marconos Prince

So when you guys died that fast -- did it get entered into your HOF?

8. Thrasybulus

Thrasybulus Chieftain

3700 BC - the second hut I found was just outside my borders and it popped 4 barb warriors. And yes it is in my HOF list.

9. paydro

paydro Warlord

Heh just lost one at 2500, was researching bronze working and 5 spearmen appeared on my border.

10. OTAKUjbski

OTAKUjbski TK421

Yes, but I promptly deleted it.

That hand-of-god unsurvivable bullshlt Barbarian Uprising event is stupid.

I'll take a loss due to a random event after 1 AD, but when I have a whole of 2 Warriors on the board and 4 Archers spawn 2 tiles from my Capital. Stupid.

EDIT: or a loss due to my own mistake(s).

11. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Just curious, but how do you remove hall of fame games?

12. OTAKUjbski

OTAKUjbski TK421

Delete the appropriate file from:

\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Replays\*

... or from ~/Documents/(wherever the heck it is in OS X)/Replays/*

13. IagoAlberto

IagoAlberto Warlord

3470 BC the barb spearman event, wiping the soon to be glorious Byzantine Empire off the map, I have another game like that in my HoF but I forget the date, I think its later.

In conclusion, those barb events suck but I only seem to get them when I have a lousy starting spot . . . go figure.

14. pat123

pat123 Warlord

I was playing the Ryhe's and Fall mod, with raging barbs on. I was going to play as Rome , so I had to let the auto turns play out. I walk away from my computer (I had like 80 auto turns left). When I get back, the game has ended, with the three starting civs being wiped out by barbs! BTW, I had a score of 0! Didn't even get to play my civ :(

15. mrhoeivo

mrhoeivo Chieftain

Irrelevant question: What is OOC?

16. danieldaniel

danieldaniel Unsinnschmierer

It happened to me at least twice to lose a game within the first 10-15 turns (I don't know what year would that be on marathon). Popped a few barbarian warriors from a hut and had raging barbarians on. Needless to say, the warriors proceeded to kill my own warrior and took to shortest way to my undefended capital. It's a very frustating experience.:mad:

17. dubrown

dubrown Prince

Been there, done that... I felt quite embarrased with myself after that mistake and quickly erased all the evidence of it ever taking place. :p

18. IronCrown

IronCrown Black Foe of the World

Not that it happened to me, but the quickest loss would be to wander around with your first settler and get killed by a lion :mischief:

19. Bleys

Bleys Deity

My very very first BTS game ever, I had a Barb Uprising occur within 4 tiles of my capitol (and only city) and was wiped well before 3000 BC, LOL. I still remember that. It was Prince level, Ramses, Continents.

20. Kippers

Kippers Chieftain

I believe he meant to type OCC, referring to One City Challenge.