What is your quickest loss?

marconos

Prince
So can anyone beat this one.

Difficulty Level: Chieftan
One City Challenge
Score: 54
Year 3240 BC

Was destroyed by a raging Barbarian. 1st time I tried a OCC and I forgot I turned on raging barbarians. My two warriors were out scouting. I saw them coming and said, well I'm dead and just let it end.

Can anyone beat this?

Ya, ya it's a fight for the booby prize :trophy:

Don't remember the year, but I thought I had a chance to take out my nearest neighbor. His warrior got to my city before I got to his. :)

Well I never lost that quick, but I do remember my first attempt at Monarch I found myself on an isthmus-- long stretch of crappy land ending in a dead end to the north, and what looked like the main body of the continent south. So as my scout is heading back south who do I run into but Montezuma.. I chopped out a settler and headed him over there as my scout is realizing I'm already pretty much cut off by the Aztecs. Well to make a short story even shorter, he declares war, destroys my settler, and proceeds to wipe out my capital as I had no metal yet and hadn't researched archery. I don't remember the exact date, but I know it was DAMN early cause like I said I was just about to found my second city. I ended up going back to the initial 4000 BC save to try again, but even knowing to settle faster and head towards Monty I had a hell of a time suppressing him as he kept destroying my copper mine (at the second city site). I think I tried a third time and after even that attempt failed to eliminate Monty even after spamming archers and a settler from the very beginning, I gave up and started a new game.

Something like 3400 BC. A barb archer event and my budding empire wiped off from the map.

3700 BC - the second hut I found was just outside my borders and it popped 4 barb warriors. And yes it is in my HOF list.

Heh just lost one at 2500, was researching bronze working and 5 spearmen appeared on my border.

So when you guys died that fast -- did it get entered into your HOF?

Yes, but I promptly deleted it.

That hand-of-god unsurvivable bullshlt Barbarian Uprising event is stupid.

I'll take a loss due to a random event after 1 AD, but when I have a whole of 2 Warriors on the board and 4 Archers spawn 2 tiles from my Capital. Stupid.

EDIT: or a loss due to my own mistake(s).

Just curious, but how do you remove hall of fame games?

Delete the appropriate file from:

\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Replays\*

... or from ~/Documents/(wherever the heck it is in OS X)/Replays/*

3470 BC the barb spearman event, wiping the soon to be glorious Byzantine Empire off the map, I have another game like that in my HoF but I forget the date, I think its later.

In conclusion, those barb events suck but I only seem to get them when I have a lousy starting spot . . . go figure.

I was playing the Ryhe's and Fall mod, with raging barbs on. I was going to play as Rome , so I had to let the auto turns play out. I walk away from my computer (I had like 80 auto turns left). When I get back, the game has ended, with the three starting civs being wiped out by barbs! BTW, I had a score of 0! Didn't even get to play my civ :(

It happened to me at least twice to lose a game within the first 10-15 turns (I don't know what year would that be on marathon). Popped a few barbarian warriors from a hut and had raging barbarians on. Needless to say, the warriors proceeded to kill my own warrior and took to shortest way to my undefended capital. It's a very frustating experience.:mad:

Don't remember the year, but I thought I had a chance to take out my nearest neighbor. His warrior got to my city before I got to his. :)

Been there, done that... I felt quite embarrased with myself after that mistake and quickly erased all the evidence of it ever taking place. :p

Not that it happened to me, but the quickest loss would be to wander around with your first settler and get killed by a lion :mischief:

My very very first BTS game ever, I had a Barb Uprising occur within 4 tiles of my capitol (and only city) and was wiped well before 3000 BC, LOL. I still remember that. It was Prince level, Ramses, Continents.

Top Bottom