What Movie(s) Have You Recently Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that one would be Midnight Express

Huh? Never heard of that one. Perhaps I am thinking of The Castle, but the American one. I didn't know there were two though...

You're thinking of The Last Castle, with Robert Redford. A great movie.

Ah yes!!! I love that movie too. :)

The Hidden Fortress turned out to be good (though very, very slow in the beginning, definitely no Seven Samurai) and watched Termintor (the original one) again just for fun (saw it at the lib). Was as good as I remembered. :)

I saw Lost in Translation last night. Highly overrated IMO.

edit: and I watched Fitzcarraldo on Sunday. A bizarre film.

Lost in Translation is one of the few movies I've turned off due to boredom.

We're renting Silent Hill tonight

V For Vendetta. Fantastic movie, once I managed to force myself to ignore Natalie Portmans truly atrocious fake British accent. I wonder if Curt liked it. I was able to enjoy it because I wasnt a fan of the comic, didnt even know it existed.

Recently saw Inside Man, and it was pretty intense. I liked it. Im seeing Crash for the first time tonight. I heard that its an amazing movie, so hopefully it is.

Reno said:
I'm going to see My Neightbor Totoro (Naapurini Totoro, Tonari no Totoro) in the Cinema on 16.9 in Japanese with Finnish subtitles, at the Helsinki International Film Festival. I already have the movie on a Hong Kong DVD (Japanese with English subs), and as a Ghibli fanatic, I know that I'm going to see a great movie, it'll however be a totally different experience seeing it on the big screen. :D

Just came back from watching this. My thoughts can be found in the link in my sig. :)

The latest movie I saw was "Lage Raho Munnabhai" ( which translates to "Keep at it , Munnabhai" , "Munnabhai" being a proper noun ) . A very good film .
Was that the movie with the thug in the hospital? I've seen it, a very good movie indeed.

I'm going to see Little Miss Sunshine today. I saw Accepted and it was funny too, and V for Vendetta was classic too.

Miami Vice. It was simply boring. Waste of time.
AlCosta said:
I saw The Illusionist last night, I was confused 30 minutes in.
That was a pretty good movie, don't you think?

I saw Hollywoodland. It was good, but I found the life of George Reeves alot more interesting than the story of the fictional private investigator.

Bartleby said:
edit: and I watched Fitzcarraldo on Sunday. A bizarre film.

Bizarre indeed. But such a wonderful scene there with Kinski, the gramophone and the jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom