What music are you listening to #64: And rock 'n' roll was in his soul, and music was a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you believe she was 33 when this was released?

Would you believe she was 33 when this was released?
I think I passed out the first time I laid eyes on Debbie Harry, probably around the time this song came out. I watched Videodrome because she was in it, which helped make me the weirdo I became. :lol: Years later, there was a punk-metal band I followed who would play disco music between sets, and "Heart of Glass" was one of the songs I remember them playing. They actually did a cover of "Disco Inferno" (below). Years after that, I read that Blondie used to cover disco songs when they were in the New York punk scene in the '70s. I guess I don't know if either band was doing it ironically or it was a deliberate homage, with the added bonus that the contrast was amusing*. I like to think it was the latter.

Spoiler :
* Not unusual, though. I think most of the punks I knew had wide-ranging tastes in music.

This version is amazing because of the ad-libbing. "Whatcha gonna do, baby, now that the roast beef's gone?"

Artificial Paradise is such a weird album honestly

Best Rock from Viet Nam, which for me is more like "throwback to junior high." Giving in to a little nostalgia now and then is good for the soul, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom