What shall the name of our capitol be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
As stated in the Amending the Naming Initiative as passed by this poll:

All nominated names which have been seconded after four days will then be polled. If there is no majority decision, then the top three options, including ties, will be polled again. In the event of no majority in the second poll, the top two options will be polled again.

Should no nomination be seconded, all nominated names will be entered in the initial poll.

According to the above, the preceding polls are not binding and therefore must be repolled.

Question: What shall the name of our capitol be?
  • NoneOfTheAbove
  • Xanadu
  • Indecisive Point

This poll is public and will close in three days. As stated by our laws, only a majority wins.

Indecisive Point for me...I should also point that the lake near the capitol is also named indecisive lake

That was my idea :lol:

I'm not going to change all references of NoneOfTheAbove into another name. So vote NOTA!

I'm not going to change all references of NoneOfTheAbove into another name. So vote NOTA!

I agree; we decided on this once (we thought) so let's just be done with it. Or perhaps we should decide to name it Endless Poll. :crazyeye:

Falcon's Haven already appears to be on the road to having a new name, one city with an identity crisis is enough for me thank you very much:) , NOTA

We polled the name and it past..now we write a law after that time and we repoll ???

not if i have been looking at the dates on when the polls started and ended correctly. It doesnt matter if the law was being discussed..only if it was passed...of course I am not a judge. The problem is.. each time we voted for the naming law we replaced the whole thing not just the relevent sections...( you cant tell the changes from one poll to another)

In addition the laws werent followed from the beginning with respect to naming of this city... now if I read this right. We will have to poll this again. Why cant we just play instead of polling something that was decided. Did someone complain? Bring legal action? I think we should pass a law that the DP can select a name and if the citizens dont like it they can run a poll to change it. Its a pain to keep referring to a city then have it change. So all names become permanent if not challenged prior to the next TC...even if its "city 4 ".

While I am not especially happy that we seem to go on choosing a name for the capital until 2050:rolleyes: this is within the rules:
the original Naming Initiative which included the same procedure was passed on March 6th, the first poll for Capital Name was posted on March 11th. Thus the Capital Naming procedure was not even started before the Naming Initiative came into force, we just ignored it...

Well the poll has been closed for a little while now, we need another poll to achieve majority, so I'll post that now using the same criteria as Methos' original.

Top Bottom